The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Indeed, I love its stiff suspension. Magione last sector is quite challenging, it doesn't like curbs at all. When you take them hard the car jumps off like a bunny. Once I kept on jumping through the whole track and didn't stop until the gravel...

Quote from troy :Regarding graphics settings, if you're on nvidia try this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/ ... /0/666825525296642878/#p1

The 4x sparse grid supersampling is quite heavy on fps but these settings look most natural to me, with hdr turned on you get fxaa but it does make the game look blurry and adds weird effects.

Tested this

Ended up with 8x af, 4x aa, medium shadows, hdr on, cube low, faces 1
I am getting 90-125fps depending on track and lightning

is that ps headlights? coz since update all headlights are very very dull,barely visible
Need HDR to be turned on for headlight glare.
Looks so much better with HDR, i've read somewhere that it hits the performance but it's only like 2, 3 fps less..
Is GTX650 that bad in performance or the rest of my hardware is bottlenecking the VGA? I mean... I'm getting a few fps drops on the lowest possible graphics on 1680x1050..
Quote from e2mustang :is that ps headlights? coz since update all headlights are very very dull,barely visible

raw pic
Quote from Boris Lozac :Looks so much better with HDR, i've read somewhere that it hits the performance but it's only like 2, 3 fps less..

On my AMD 6850 it is an noticable drop in smoothness and frames. I could play it with HDR on, but it just feels smoother and nicer with HDR off. So I guess it depends on your hardware what kind of fps drop you'll notice.

It's a shame I'm missing quite a bit eye-candy with HDR off.

But I'll upgrade my graphics cards soon, anyway.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Looks so much better with HDR, i've read somewhere that it hits the performance but it's only like 2, 3 fps less..

Tested @ Imola, 17:00pm, cokpit cam, grA e30, 60fov

HRD on = 125fps
HRD off = 150fps
Quote from kars19 :Tested this

Ended up with 8x af, 4x aa, medium shadows, hdr on, cube low, faces 1
I am getting 90-125fps depending on track and lightning

I just did a HDR on/off back to back test. For me HDR causes a washed out look of the track texture and clearly introduces a lot of microstutters that don't happen without HDR.

Costs me at least 20 FPS
so here is my mouse steer video
Quote from The Moose :Costs me at least 20 FPS

Seems it's track depandent On Magione difference in fps is almost zero, while on Imola it's 10, 15 fps.. Shame, it does look better with HDR.

Speaking of Imola, just can't remember this damn track, fantastic layout, but missing corners with F40 like crazy.. Absolutely abnormal stopping distance could be the issue, but i'm loving it What's a decent time with Road 90's there?

@ mustang

Not enough FOV lol. That can't be the road 90's tires right?
So on the F40, which tires are faster? Semislicks or 90s Slicks? I was struggling a lot with the Semislicks to beat the achivement on Mugello, I didn't even try the other tires yet... But jesus, that was such a session to beat Gold there.

EDIT: Okay so I just spent 1,5 hours on Semislicks trying to beat the Mugello achivement, and I got a 2.02.6x struggling like hell. Now that I found out 90s Slicks are faster, I did a single lap and ended up 1.57.3x.. That's really taking the piss.
Quote from Kristi :So on the F40, which tires are faster? Semislicks or 90s Slicks? I was struggling a lot with the Semislicks to beat the achivement on Mugello, I didn't even try the other tires yet... But jesus, that was such a session to beat Gold there.

What is the achievement for that track? I've not done a proper lap yet since I had too much fun sliding this car
Quote from Boris Lozac :
Speaking of Imola, just can't remember this damn track, fantastic layout, but missing corners with F40 like crazy.. Absolutely abnormal stopping distance could be the issue, but i'm loving it What's a decent time with Road 90's there?

I'm down to 2:03ish times in Imola with the 90s Road tires.
But I guess that could be improved by another second.

I'll do some more tests tomorrow, because I've tinkered a bit with .ini files and the graphic settings and now have the feeling I've got rid of a small steering lag, which I haven't really noticed until now.
Before that, countersteering small slides in the F40 had send me into the opposite direction and were more luck than skill to catch. Now I can even provoke the back end to step out and hold the slide like a charm. Gives you much more confidence into the car, so I guess it wasn't all placebo what I've changed.

If I have the same feeling tomorrow, I'll let you know what I've changed.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :What is the achievement for that track? I've not done a proper lap yet since I had too much fun sliding this car

2.03.00 for Gold.

I was struggling for 1,5 hours for a 2.02.6 on semis, then did an 1.57 at first try with Slicks 90s Such a shame.
Quote from ATHome :
Before that, countersteering small slides in the F40 had send me into the opposite direction and were more luck than skill to catch. Now I can even provoke the back end to step out and hold the slide like a charm. Gives you much more confidence into the car, so I guess it wasn't all placebo what I've changed.

Please do, i still suffer with it even though i've thought i got the controls perfect. Catching slides is still pretty much impossible.
Yes, do tell us.

I've had very limited time with the new patch, but the F40 was very... frustrating. I must be doing something really wrong (or my controllers are wrong), seeing as most people are having the fun of their lives!

Well, that or I just suck.
Yes, do everything you can to eliminate as much steering lag as possible. It's tank slapper over-correcting city with the lag, the FFB is better in newer patches, than it was, but with lag it's never going to be good.
Set the max frame latency to 1, try frame capping, try v-sync on/off, try everything until it's gone and don't expect it to be fun until you do.
Tested Ai's, for cpu/gpu performance, very impressed no need to turn eye candy down
Quote from Kristi :So on the F40, which tires are faster? Semislicks or 90s Slicks?

Stock F40 has street 90s, (modern) street and semislicks. Do you mean the S3?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG