The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Looks so much better with HDR, i've read somewhere that it hits the performance but it's only like 2, 3 fps less..

Tested @ Imola, 17:00pm, cokpit cam, grA e30, 60fov

HRD on = 125fps
HRD off = 150fps
Quote from kars19 :Tested this

Ended up with 8x af, 4x aa, medium shadows, hdr on, cube low, faces 1
I am getting 90-125fps depending on track and lightning

I just did a HDR on/off back to back test. For me HDR causes a washed out look of the track texture and clearly introduces a lot of microstutters that don't happen without HDR.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Looks so much better with HDR, i've read somewhere that it hits the performance but it's only like 2, 3 fps less..

Costs me at least 20 FPS
so here is my mouse steer video
Quote from The Moose :Costs me at least 20 FPS

Seems it's track depandent On Magione difference in fps is almost zero, while on Imola it's 10, 15 fps.. Shame, it does look better with HDR.

Speaking of Imola, just can't remember this damn track, fantastic layout, but missing corners with F40 like crazy.. Absolutely abnormal stopping distance could be the issue, but i'm loving it What's a decent time with Road 90's there?

@ mustang

Not enough FOV lol. That can't be the road 90's tires right?
So on the F40, which tires are faster? Semislicks or 90s Slicks? I was struggling a lot with the Semislicks to beat the achivement on Mugello, I didn't even try the other tires yet... But jesus, that was such a session to beat Gold there.

EDIT: Okay so I just spent 1,5 hours on Semislicks trying to beat the Mugello achivement, and I got a 2.02.6x struggling like hell. Now that I found out 90s Slicks are faster, I did a single lap and ended up 1.57.3x.. That's really taking the piss.
Quote from Kristi :So on the F40, which tires are faster? Semislicks or 90s Slicks? I was struggling a lot with the Semislicks to beat the achivement on Mugello, I didn't even try the other tires yet... But jesus, that was such a session to beat Gold there.

What is the achievement for that track? I've not done a proper lap yet since I had too much fun sliding this car
Quote from Boris Lozac :
Speaking of Imola, just can't remember this damn track, fantastic layout, but missing corners with F40 like crazy.. Absolutely abnormal stopping distance could be the issue, but i'm loving it What's a decent time with Road 90's there?

I'm down to 2:03ish times in Imola with the 90s Road tires.
But I guess that could be improved by another second.

I'll do some more tests tomorrow, because I've tinkered a bit with .ini files and the graphic settings and now have the feeling I've got rid of a small steering lag, which I haven't really noticed until now.
Before that, countersteering small slides in the F40 had send me into the opposite direction and were more luck than skill to catch. Now I can even provoke the back end to step out and hold the slide like a charm. Gives you much more confidence into the car, so I guess it wasn't all placebo what I've changed.

If I have the same feeling tomorrow, I'll let you know what I've changed.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :What is the achievement for that track? I've not done a proper lap yet since I had too much fun sliding this car

2.03.00 for Gold.

I was struggling for 1,5 hours for a 2.02.6 on semis, then did an 1.57 at first try with Slicks 90s Such a shame.
Quote from ATHome :
Before that, countersteering small slides in the F40 had send me into the opposite direction and were more luck than skill to catch. Now I can even provoke the back end to step out and hold the slide like a charm. Gives you much more confidence into the car, so I guess it wasn't all placebo what I've changed.

Please do, i still suffer with it even though i've thought i got the controls perfect. Catching slides is still pretty much impossible.
Yes, do tell us.

I've had very limited time with the new patch, but the F40 was very... frustrating. I must be doing something really wrong (or my controllers are wrong), seeing as most people are having the fun of their lives!

Well, that or I just suck.
Yes, do everything you can to eliminate as much steering lag as possible. It's tank slapper over-correcting city with the lag, the FFB is better in newer patches, than it was, but with lag it's never going to be good.
Set the max frame latency to 1, try frame capping, try v-sync on/off, try everything until it's gone and don't expect it to be fun until you do.
Tested Ai's, for cpu/gpu performance, very impressed no need to turn eye candy down
Quote from Kristi :So on the F40, which tires are faster? Semislicks or 90s Slicks?

Stock F40 has street 90s, (modern) street and semislicks. Do you mean the S3?
Quote from sinbad :Yes, do everything you can to eliminate as much steering lag as possible. It's tank slapper over-correcting city with the lag, the FFB is better in newer patches, than it was, but with lag it's never going to be good.
Set the max frame latency to 1, try frame capping, try v-sync on/off, try everything until it's gone and don't expect it to be fun until you do.

Thing is, i'm not sure anymore is it steering lag, or just me reacting slow to the slide.. Movement of the wheel in relation to the actual wheel, seem fine to me.. But some controlled powerslides, or god forbid a drift, i don't think it's doable.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Stock F40 has street 90s, (modern) street and semislicks. Do you mean the S3?

Yeah, the S3 indeed.

EDIT: I'm not sure how optimalized the AI is currrently, but my PC doesn't seem to be able to run 17 AI cars... I have huge FPS drop, it's unplayable. I hope it will be better when the official AI and MP gets released. I don't have the budget to upgrade anything atm.
AI is no where near optimized with the little "trick". FPS was cut in half with a full grid at Silverstone.
What is this trick? The video is just a guy doing a lap....
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What is this trick? The video is just a guy doing a lap....

"If you want to try out a full grid for performance testing go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\earlyaccess

Open the file earlyaccess.js (any code editor or just notepad), find following line: "#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]", edit it so it looks like: //"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",
This will comment the line out of the code and make the menu for quick race active where you can set up a custom grid.

You can fiddle around and comment out the other lines aswell if you want to be able to select a single / random grid. It should give you at least an indication of fps performance.

Keep in mind when enabling the quick race option like this, the AI won't work at all and just go off the track in the first corner. I have not explored the other option like Plaid suggested. "

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... s-update-0-4.3539/page-18
Quote from kars19 :"If you want to try out a full grid for performance testing go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\earlyaccess

Open the file earlyaccess.js (any code editor or just notepad), find following line: "#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]", edit it so it looks like: //"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",
This will comment the line out of the code and make the menu for quick race active where you can set up a custom grid.

You can fiddle around and comment out the other lines aswell if you want to be able to select a single / random grid. It should give you at least an indication of fps performance.

Keep in mind when enabling the quick race option like this, the AI won't work at all and just go off the track in the first corner. I have not explored the other option like Plaid suggested. "

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... s-update-0-4.3539/page-18

Easier method is to go into launcher/themes/default/index.html and add

<?php 
class="dev"
?>

to the HTML element. There's hooks inside the JS that check for presence of that and enable everything. Plus this is much easier to reverse with the same effect.
The AI's are terrible
F40 feels great IMO.

Definitely ain't catching any slides, though.
Just capped fps to 91 ingame. (read about it on AC forums), turned those G-force sliders to zero (left the 'camera at high speeds), and maybe it's a placebo but it feels great now.
I can definately catch some slides. Did a 2:03.xx on Imola with road 90's, there's two seconds there at least. What an absolute joy.

Btw, how do you adjust the onboard camera for replays, like moving it behind the driver and stuff?

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG