The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
Quote from sinbad :Yes, do everything you can to eliminate as much steering lag as possible. It's tank slapper over-correcting city with the lag, the FFB is better in newer patches, than it was, but with lag it's never going to be good.
Set the max frame latency to 1, try frame capping, try v-sync on/off, try everything until it's gone and don't expect it to be fun until you do.

Thing is, i'm not sure anymore is it steering lag, or just me reacting slow to the slide.. Movement of the wheel in relation to the actual wheel, seem fine to me.. But some controlled powerslides, or god forbid a drift, i don't think it's doable.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Stock F40 has street 90s, (modern) street and semislicks. Do you mean the S3?

Yeah, the S3 indeed.

EDIT: I'm not sure how optimalized the AI is currrently, but my PC doesn't seem to be able to run 17 AI cars... I have huge FPS drop, it's unplayable. I hope it will be better when the official AI and MP gets released. I don't have the budget to upgrade anything atm.
AI is no where near optimized with the little "trick". FPS was cut in half with a full grid at Silverstone.
What is this trick? The video is just a guy doing a lap....
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :What is this trick? The video is just a guy doing a lap....

"If you want to try out a full grid for performance testing go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\earlyaccess

Open the file earlyaccess.js (any code editor or just notepad), find following line: "#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]", edit it so it looks like: //"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",
This will comment the line out of the code and make the menu for quick race active where you can set up a custom grid.

You can fiddle around and comment out the other lines aswell if you want to be able to select a single / random grid. It should give you at least an indication of fps performance.

Keep in mind when enabling the quick race option like this, the AI won't work at all and just go off the track in the first corner. I have not explored the other option like Plaid suggested. "

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... s-update-0-4.3539/page-18
Quote from kars19 :"If you want to try out a full grid for performance testing go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\earlyaccess

Open the file earlyaccess.js (any code editor or just notepad), find following line: "#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]", edit it so it looks like: //"#drive .tabs li[data-mode=quickrace]",
This will comment the line out of the code and make the menu for quick race active where you can set up a custom grid.

You can fiddle around and comment out the other lines aswell if you want to be able to select a single / random grid. It should give you at least an indication of fps performance.

Keep in mind when enabling the quick race option like this, the AI won't work at all and just go off the track in the first corner. I have not explored the other option like Plaid suggested. "

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... s-update-0-4.3539/page-18

Easier method is to go into launcher/themes/default/index.html and add

<?php 
class="dev"
?>

to the HTML element. There's hooks inside the JS that check for presence of that and enable everything. Plus this is much easier to reverse with the same effect.
The AI's are terrible
F40 feels great IMO.

Definitely ain't catching any slides, though.
Just capped fps to 91 ingame. (read about it on AC forums), turned those G-force sliders to zero (left the 'camera at high speeds), and maybe it's a placebo but it feels great now.
I can definately catch some slides. Did a 2:03.xx on Imola with road 90's, there's two seconds there at least. What an absolute joy.

Btw, how do you adjust the onboard camera for replays, like moving it behind the driver and stuff?
Quote from EliteAti :The AI's are terrible

What's the point of picking on non-existant content?

Quote from DeadWolfBones :F40 feels great IMO.

Definitely ain't catching any slides, though.

Oh well, that's like the whole point of the car. If you can't get it to slide one bit, it will understeer onto oblivion. I've no idea how to be actually fast with that car though. 1.57 is still not top notch on Mugello according to RSR.
Quote from BlueFlame :Seems like right now the game engine can't handle bottoming out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFKUER4GLR4

Which is why the Group A and race cars bounce like ****.

Definiately. It is kinda hardcore to have the E30 bouncing everywhere even on silverstone, without curbs. Made me have a seizure after a few laps. Makes the car too unpredictable.
Seems there's quite a few shortcuts taken with the engine, really. Not really near finished at all, I'd say. Amazing how well it feels in most cases despite the alpha status, though.
Quote from Boris Lozac :
@ mustang

Not enough FOV lol. That can't be the road 90's tires right?

semis

Quote from R3DMAN :your vid quality is pretty poor.. try using DXTory instead.

Cheers ill try
Quote from e2mustang :semis

Cheers ill try

You need a certain codec, ill get you itwhen i get home.

Raw recording is about 1gb per min at 100% but once compressed down to 720p (my youtube vids) its about 140mb. Which is great if you have got the space.
open broadcast service ftw, also for recording

What could it be? I hope it's Nissan license
They'll announce that the next update (early 2014) will include:
  • Rockingham
  • VW Scirocco
Quote from three_jump :They'll announce that the next update (early 2014) will include:
  • Rockingham
  • VW Scirocco

what would screw over lfs even more XD
Quote from three_jump :They'll announce that the next update (early 2014) will include:
  • Rockingham
  • VW Scirocco

Then we try them when available and find out the physics is great.
It better be multiplayer or some mechanic wise updates, we got so many cars and tracks now that I don't even know where to start
Or maybe... they announche rallypack. If that happens **** this, **** you and **** the forum, I'll god damn divorce LFS and marry AC.
Then I hope they announce rallypack - to be released early 2018...
Or maybe there'll announce InSim API for AC.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG