The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Quote from UncleBenny :What is Dwarf Fortress?

Its a free ascii fort building god game in a randomly generated world... It looks kinda poor but it has the most depth iv ever seen in a game...

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/features.html

The standard version looks like crap but u can download modded games with gfx packs...

i.e. http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3113

U will need to follow a guide for the first few hours and the game will generally piss u off until u figure it out... Ive only finally figured it out myself recently and its went straight into my top 3 favourite games list...
Quote from Foilpact :Stuff

That website is doing my head in its so....colourful? hehe
So not long now till the Halloween Update....infact dare i say Happy Halloween now
The Halloween update is out now for those who have the Alpha
Love the Halloween update, pretty fun. Had to make an obsidian farm to make the gate though. Those ghasts are damn scary, and they hurt.
I wind up emerging from the Nether into a creeper party, GREAT!
Yes

They were trick or treating me

I got my own back however, arrows ftw
Quote from Foilpact :what exactly is this game? iv watched a few vids on youtube and its still unclear...

Is it like a 3d Dwarf Fortress or just a 3d constrution sandbox?...

Ive been playing Dwarf Fortress for the last while and its great fun tho im always open to new options...

If you adore Dwarf Fortress it´s quite possible that you will also like Minecraft. Not that they are very similar (they aren´t), but this kind of game seem to hit a sweet spot others don´t. I love Dwarf Fortress and so do I Minecraft.

Some guy over at the DF Forums built a DF -> Minecraft converter. It´s a nice possibility to see your Dwarven Fortress in 3D and walk around in it :-)

Minecraft is far away from the complexity of Dwar Fortress. You can´t craft as many things as in DF and it´s rather simple. But it´s great fun exploring the world and building some insane things.

If this all doesn´t convince you to spend the 10 Bucks on Minecraft then maybe this will: It has Lava!
Minecraft is kind of a cross between Dwarf Fortress and The Settlers, if it was in first-person and you only had one guy, instead of a whole town of people.
I just got into this minecraft stuff, Addictive! You'd think something so... dumb.. would in turn be so genius, However, A quick look of how may people are pirating probably is 2/4s of his fanbase.

I count 5298 seeders together as we speak from just one site, Plus other sites and it almost goes to 10,000.
I built a house out of Obsidian

I then sat back and laughed at Creepers. I eventually (40mins later) die from falling out of a floating house

I love karma
I hate karma.

I built a big lava moat around my castle to keep the baddies out and I laugh at every single mob that bounces its way into the lava until I fell in myself.

All my diamond tools burnt up.
There were 3 fooking creepers in my mine shaft. I forgot that notch added that feature that it has to be brighter as you go deeper
Never build deep underground, I flooded my front door in lava and i literally had to watch myself die from my own creation, I lost my newly crafted diamond pick axe, And since the whole place is flooded, Lost all my redstone and gold and I have to start over as I had everything underground, farm, animals, etc.

The only thing I was saying after that was DAMNIT.
Sorry Paws, but LMAO

I did the same with water and underwater city O.o
a advice in multiplayer survival never safe your house behind something it took me 1h and 18 min to find it again
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Item hacks ftw!

Hack myself some tools and resources, then go build something. All I do on this game now.

That's just like saying your a S2 cracker, A vob modder, And stole money from Scawens pocket all at once, You might be wondering.. WTF does Scawen have to do in any of this, And I say, Type "Physics".
#97 - 5haz
If hes playing offline then whats the problem? You can't make a comparison to cracking S2, hes not gaining any money out of it.
Quote from 5haz :If hes playing offline then whats the problem? You can't make a comparison to cracking S2, hes not gaining any money out of it.

Oh god jesus, Cue the epically off topic rants and raves about S2 cracking.

All I'm saying is, Item hacks are pretty cheesy, But I used it alot to build a super huge base, But eh, To each their own, I was just joking.
Item hacks

psht! Half the fun is finding it.

The other half is surviving.

I built a minecart track from my obsidian home to a cave, didn't think much of it till I heard squaks, A chicken was using it to get to my house, and brought a spider along.

Cue me blocking everything up. So at night a zombie spawned inside. Huge fail for me.
I built a minecart straight to hell, I built a huge jump over a lava pit but I f-ed up and few into the cliff, The cart was bouncing around like rubber and I fell into my mining hole. How I busted through wood and glass is still making me scratch my head, But it was the most perfect fall into unexpected lava you could ever do.

-- Upon study, I busted through the skylight, killed a chicken, Blasted through 20 pieces of ladder and then hit the lava, WHAT A RIDE! >

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG