The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
well im pretty good in avoiding things...by accident.
been on PVP server every little while the past few days, no one is ever there
the server is having some baad lag problems atm it seems like..

pretty boring when u have to mine same block 3-4 times..
Gonna restart it.
Having some MAJOR lag on The server.

Took me 2 minutes to mine a single block of wood....
multiplayer was soooo last patch! :P, it's all about the hardcore saves .

The seed that I am using at the moment puts me in the middle of an ocean biome on a small island with one tree!

Needless to say, it was hard to start with, but it's great fun. I have made the entire island mob safe, and currently strip mining underneath looking for some nice mine shafts but not found any yet.

My plan is to get to 'The End' on hardcore!
I watched a video on youtube of the guy that does Far Lands or Bust.

He tried a new thing people have started to do to make up for boring game play.

It's called a Speed Challenge.
What you do is make a new map, random seed, and you have to survive first of all, you can't die. And you have to start from complete scratch, and get a full suit of iron armor, and a sword, pickaxe, and shovel out of diamond.

Here is Kurtjmac's video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEzZtQfST7A&feature=feedu

I need to ask him what seed that is on that map because it's an awesome map for sure!
Quote from XCNuse :Came across this website, has some cool seeds.

http://www.minecraftwatermelon.com/

Still want something to do, I'm bored of 1.8

1.9 prerelease 4, hardcore mode - it's keeping me occupied!

The nether is still insanely scary at the moment though! haha!
I tried something last night I hadn't done before, but called it quits after I finished LOL!

Played a bit of Far Lands or Bust.

Walk one direction and just keep going. Tons to look at, it's certainly really cool. I walked for three minecraft days. At night you just dig a small fox hole, put a bed down and sleep.

I decided to call it quits when my game save file came up to be 40+ mb
I did that on Boosted's server when I got bored. I went into the Nether, built a covered tunnel that went about 300 blocks, then built another portal and ended up miles from anywhere. Then from there I set off walking and each time I logged back into the server I kept walking, for about 2 weeks. Never got to the 'Far Lands' but I had almost a full inventory of pumpkins by the time I was done.
bwhahaha

No wonder the server ran like complete shit! Because you were on a mission to make the map file half a gb! LOL
I would have loved to know how much my wandering affected the file size but I don't think it would be that bad - I wasn't mining, and world files seem a lot more bloated these days than they were in 1.7 and earlier.

But yeah I literally wandered for days. Sometimes I would walk through three or four rainstorms, just walking the whole time (and collecting pumpkins, I would go slightly off-course to avoid snow/sand so I could find pumpkins, but I wouldn't change course for any other reason), usually there'd be light votes so I wouldn't have to stop moving at all.
was just playing around in creative mode when i dug down and found...the freakin biggest cave i have ever seen.
in flight mode it takes u some time from one side to the other...and flying goes pretty fast.
its not only very long, its also very high and has a crapload of other caves attached to it.
this is gonna take some days to explore it...literally
Attached images
2011-10-26_02.18.33.png
2011-10-26_02.19.16.png
2011-10-26_02.19.50.png
I had chunks that didn't update and I seriously had found the BIGGEST seed made old mineshaft I think anyone has ever seen.. it was ****ing.. HUGE. It would've taken several hours to walk through the entire thing

Yeah, I gave up on that far lands deal since my FPS was dropping down to like 13 and just pissing me off lol.. need a much faster computer for Minecraft.
dude, pr4 is where it's at :P - a little more optimised chunk generation if you ask me
I have optimine, that has increased my FPS a good 25-50% and that has some chunk optimization things; but for whatever reason a setting I used it wasn't to happy about me moving so quickly lol some chunks just straight up never loaded.

There was one chunk that didn't load when I first started the far lands or bust map, and I was looking around underneath the land and saw some caverns and stuff; walking around and I ****ing fell.. feel like for a good 5 seconds worth (which is a good length drop LOL!) dropped into a freakin lava pit and burned up haha I was pissed! Mostly pissed because the sun was going down and now I have no wooden blocks or a work station, I was afraid of being killed haha
I'm hoping this feature freeze and bug fixing will also include lots of optimising, as lets face it minecraft should run on a calculator at 50fps, let alone needing what it does. I know Java sucks for openGL speed, and lwjgl does a great job at bridging them, but come off it. hah!
Hahaha
ales; get ur server together ASAP!

been down for a very long time now..
So I officially have Minecraft now...is this server still alive, and are there people online? If there is still a need to get whitelisted, PowerSlaveAlf.
well my server is still online, but as it seems its mostly empty.

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG