The online racing simulator
Quote from Calvinaquino :I hope some people can read that in the quote, Scawen mentions Rockingham and the new car being on the INITIAL content for S3.

He also quite clearly said that people shouldn't buy S3 on the promise of more content, because he was making no such promise.
nice
hopefully nurburgring is next on the list
All the ungrateful idiots should leave the developers alone. How would you like it if you spent most of your time developing an amazing simulation, and most users were being ridiculously ungrateful?
We'll see with time. Either way, -1 for more new real life tracks, what fun is it to drive on a track you have seen on the telivision for xxx amount of years? I love fantasy tracks, and of all the tracks I have downloaded for games like NR2003, the most enjoyable and fun tracks have been the fantasy tracks.

Why do people crave for real-life tracks? Is it because their ego grows if they can drive faster than anyone on that track? Even say you do, I dare you to do it under the same conditions as a real life racer, instead of sitting comfortly behind a monitor.

More immagination tracks to LFS, lets stop this mass-hysteric for real life tracks!

If you ever read this Scawen and Co, please, use your immagination and create uniqe stuff, do not try to copy everything from the "real" life, because that is old and borring. Do what you do best, and make your own unique stuff!
Quote from The Very End :We'll see with time. Either way, -1 for more new real life tracks, what fun is it to drive on a track you have seen on the telivision for xxx amount of years? I love fantasy tracks, and of all the tracks I have downloaded for games like NR2003, the most enjoyable and fun tracks have been the fantasy tracks.

Why do people crave for real-life tracks? Is it because their ego grows if they can drive faster than anyone on that track? Even say you do, I dare you to do it under the same conditions as a real life racer, instead of sitting comfortly behind a monitor.

More immagination tracks to LFS, lets stop this mass-hysteric for real life tracks!

If you ever read this Scawen and Co, please, use your immagination and create uniqe stuff, do not try to copy everything from the "real" life, because that is old and borring. Do what you do best, and make your own unique stuff!

I quote you 100%,that's my exact thought about tracks
I prefer fictional ones,i hope we get more bumps and a better FFB but that's another story.
I like the fact that LFS has its own environment(apart from those few real cars),and i like the fact that i can race a fictional car that behaves like a real and existing one.
I am really not pushing for real content,im happy with everything that can come out of the dev's fantasy.
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
I don't see anything wrong with having real life tracks. :rolleyes:

But I'm not really fussed either way.

Quote from The Very End :We'll see with time. Either way, -1 for more new real life tracks, what fun is it to drive on a track you have seen on the telivision for xxx amount of years? I love fantasy tracks, and of all the tracks I have downloaded for games like NR2003, the most enjoyable and fun tracks have been the fantasy tracks.

Thats your opinion, just because thats what you want doesnt mean LFS should revolve around your wishes.

Quote from The Very End :Why do people crave for real-life tracks? Is it because their ego grows if they can drive faster than anyone on that track? Even say you do, I dare you to do it under the same conditions as a real life racer, instead of sitting comfortly behind a monitor.

Because there are some awesome real life tracks, e.g. Brands Hatch!

You'll encounter the ego problem on any track, ficitonal or real.

Quote from The Very End :If you ever read this Scawen and Co, please, use your immagination and create uniqe stuff, do not try to copy everything from the "real" life, because that is old and borring. Do what you do best, and make your own unique stuff!

In case you didn't notice, LFS is a simulation of real life, Scawen and co have worked hard on physics which are pretty close to real life, and the tracks also resemble real tracks with their gravel traps, barriers, kerbs so on so forth...

...if you dont want things 'copied from real life' then shall we make all the cars powered by solar sails and plasma rockets and have the tracksides lined with fire breathing Ents? Then would it be unique enough for you? :rolleyes:
Quote from shaun463 :All the ungrateful idiots should leave

Fixed.

No, seriously, everyone has paid for a product and received it. It's no different from buying Quake or Half-Life or GTR or whatever. As soon as the money changes hands, you have what you paid for and anything beyond that comes from the goodness of the dev's hearts. They have every right to quit tomorrow if they want to and you'd have no justification whatsoever for being butthurt about it.

Everyone ought to be supremely grateful that they've integrated themselves into the community, and conversely, integrated the community into the development process. Most developers don't come close to this kind of community interaction.
Quote from 5haz :

LFS is a simulation of real life, if you dont want things 'copied from real life' then shall we make all the cars powered by solar sails? The would it be unique enough for you? :rolleyes:

While a car should behave like a REAL car,a track,on the other hand,can be designed as you like.
Many people think that if you can set a certain hotlap on the game you can do the same irl.Well,im afraid to say that it really isn't true.One thing is to blast through that chicane at 190kph while sitting on a chair turning a plastic wheel and another one is to sit few inches above the ground and feel the forces,the fear,on your body.
I dare you to replicate irl what you did in the game.
Trying to make the times match it's really for the happy-pleased people because it really isn't that easy...
What's more you don't take into account that a real track should be scanned and this requires time,money and licenses while a fictional track requires fantasy(which s free) and some skills.
We'll see how is it like to drive on Rockingham,eventually,in LFS.
Let's hope it'll all go well.
Quote from chrissawyer21 : I havent seen any of the creators stateing or hinting that S3 will consist of one car and one track along with a physics update... i may be wrong..

Well, regardless, physics and graphics updates are free. It doesn't matter if you're a Demo racer, S1, S2, or S3 license, you still get updated physics and other features for free. So I don't really see what the big deal is.
Quote from 5haz :I don't see anything wrong with having real life tracks. :rolleyes:

But I'm not really fussed either way.

Thats your opinion, just because thats what you want doesnt mean LFS should revolve around your wishes.

Because there are some awesome real life tracks, e.g. Brands Hatch!

You'll encounter the ego problem on any track, ficitonal or real.

LFS is a simulation of real life, if you dont want things 'copied from real life' then shall we make all the cars powered by solar sails and plasma rockets? The would it be unique enough for you? :rolleyes:

You misunderstood my point completely.

I am not saying "I am the custommer, hear me roar", I don't demand anything here (other than the rallypack) , I just opens my mouth to answer for the constant shouting for real life tracks. Now you got a point, yes, that is my opinion, but the biggest reason (again) were to try making an uproar about this sillyness that every SIM out there got to have the same old standard tracks.

I am not saying there are no good real life tracks, hell, there are various great tracks around the world, my point is that it's all been done before, in xx amount of games. Also we can start argue about the limitation about having lisenced tracks in the game, but I am not going to start that discussion, because it's borring as hell.

I am not saying LFS canot have tracks or cars simialar what to be found in the "real" life, I am saying that orginality beats a good old "safe" track by FAR. It's fun driving on a track you have never seen before, with unexpected turns, elevations and such. I don't want or have the urge for driving in the shadows of great legends, I enjoy a game for what it's worth - a game. If you start thinking that LFS is more than a game, you should stop, go outside and take a deep breath.
LFS is a game, a good one, that aims to simulate physics as close as possible and still on a ENTERTAINING level. If it were completely trying to be as utterly real as possible you would not enjoy it, hell, you wouldn't been able to start the car proberly without hours of practising. Realistic yes - but still a game.

Now that last part of the text is off topic, but it's about the same matter, it's about everyone shouting that it has to be identical to everything we know, everything "safe" , that means the standard car types, the standard track types.. it's B-O-O-R-I-N-G, and it's bottering to read the various topics about the same.. "what real life ..... would you want in LFS", seen that before 'aye?

I do crave for more stuff in LFS, but I do hope it ain't a standard race track, I hope the devs put their minds togheter and create some beautifull UNIQUE content, then LFS would be something special.
Quote from The Very End :You misunderstood my point completely.

I am not saying "I am the custommer, hear me roar", I don't demand anything here (other than the rallypack) , I just opens my mouth to answer for the constant shouting for real life tracks. Now you got a point, yes, that is my opinion, but the biggest reason (again) were to try making an uproar about this sillyness that every SIM out there got to have the same old standard tracks.

I am not saying there are no good real life tracks, hell, there are various great tracks around the world, my point is that it's all been done before, in xx amount of games. Also we can start argue about the limitation about having lisenced tracks in the game, but I am not going to start that discussion, because it's borring as hell.

I am not saying LFS canot have tracks or cars simialar what to be found in the "real" life, I am saying that orginality beats a good old "safe" track by FAR. It's fun driving on a track you have never seen before, with unexpected turns, elevations and such. I don't want or have the urge for driving in the shadows of great legends, I enjoy a game for what it's worth - a game. If you start thinking that LFS is more than a game, you should stop, go outside and take a deep breath.
LFS is a game, a good one, that aims to simulate physics as close as possible and still on a ENTERTAINING level. If it were completely trying to be as utterly real as possible you would not enjoy it, hell, you wouldn't been able to start the car proberly without hours of practising. Realistic yes - but still a game.

Now that last part of the text is off topic, but it's about the same matter, it's about everyone shouting that it has to be identical to everything we know, everything "safe" , that means the standard car types, the standard track types.. it's B-O-O-R-I-N-G, and it's bottering to read the various topics about the same.. "what real life ..... would you want in LFS", seen that before 'aye?

I do crave for more stuff in LFS, but I do hope it ain't a standard race track, I hope the devs put their minds togheter and create some beautifull UNIQUE content, then LFS would be something special.

tl;dr: I want the devs to create original cars and tracks, but I'm going to complain about all the people who want real cars and tracks.

You know, you could just post in the suggestions forum some ideas about what kind of original car/track you'd like to see in the game and leave it at that. If it turns out that more people want real cars and tracks, just accept it.
I want to say something more,if i may.
If you plan to feature a real track you have to do it properly.
You can't just recreate it by looking at pictures of it,trying to guess distances and altitudes(not talking about bumps:schwitz.
Then,if you really want to knitpick,you could measure how much grippy the surface is and take that into account.
We all know that different asphalts behave differently so,for instance,Laguna Seca's tarmac can make a difference when choosing tyres.
I do completely agree with TVE,we are not shouting at anyone,we are not requesting,we are just explaining our POV.
Quote from The Very End :You misunderstood my point completely.

I am not saying there are no good real life tracks, hell, there are various great tracks around the world, my point is that it's all been done before, in xx amount of games.

...nearly all of which have shit physics or are hopelessly inaccurate. I play LFS because along with N2003, GPL an nkPro it has some of the best physics available, wouldnt it be grand to finally have the good real tracks of other games in a sim with good physics for once? IMO it would be a massive wasted opportunity if LFS didn't have some real life tracks and cars.
No, I do not want to creat a topic for every wish I has in LFS, if I had done that I would end up creating at least 100000 topics, because my wish list is THAT big.

And also, what is it about the thing, "too long did not read", why even bottering to answer if you are just going to post crap like that? Sorry, I just kind of feels.. "why did you post that post, what good did it contribute to the topic?" when I read posts where people posts tl:dr comments

I am not saying that I would moan if there were to be more real life content withing LFS, I'm saying I rather wish for something unique. This agian, does not mean I wodul not love something new taken out from something to be found in the real world.

I accept that I bellong to a minory of people, that thinks unique content beats the crap out of copying from real life, and to be honest, I am very satisfied by that and are prepared to answer the roar of a thousands kids to backing up my statement.

--------------------

Edit : There are a lot of games out there with acceptable physics, might not be the most realistic ones but sure makes a enjoyable round. Take Flatout for example, a completely random arcade game, but damn it's enjoyable! Physics ain't everything, it's everything in the game combined. A game with shitty physics can still beat a game with crappy physics, and the other way around, depends completely on the game itself. But the most liked games are the ones that creates something new and fresh, and is well made at same time, something that shows the users something never shown before.
That's at least how I belive things is.
Quote from The Very End :
And also, what is it about the thing, "too long did not read", why even bottering to answer if you are just going to post crap like that? Sorry, I just kind of feels.. "why did you post that post, what good did it contribute to the topic?" when I read posts where people posts tl:dr comments

You obviously didn't read the rest of the post because it had a very good point.

You seem to take exception to what everyone else would like to see in the game. Voice your suggestions (100000? please, get real) and let everyone else voice theirs.
Quote from The Very End :I am not saying LFS canot have tracks or cars simialar what to be found in the "real" life, I am saying that orginality beats a good old "safe" track by FAR. It's fun driving on a track you have never seen before, with unexpected turns, elevations and such. I don't want or have the urge for driving in the shadows of great legends, I enjoy a game for what it's worth - a game.

Am I not allowed to enjoy real tracks too?

Personally I enjoy racing real tracks in sims because I get only brief amoutns of time to enjoy driving them in real life due to not being rich, I am not the kind of person who worships 'legends', I respect them, but most of all I want to be one.

Quote from The Very End :LFS is a game, a good one, that aims to simulate physics as close as possible and still on a ENTERTAINING level. If it were completely trying to be as utterly real as possible you would not enjoy it,

Stop telling me what I enjoy and what I dont.

Quote from The Very End :hell, you wouldn't been able to start the car proberly without hours of practising.

Hahaha. :doh:

Look pal, I've raced in real life, and flicking the fuel pump switch and then ignition is not rocket science. (Although when it was introduced in nKpro it took some people hours of practising).

Please don't slag off real racing tracks and cars as boring if you have little or no experience of them yourself.

Quote from The Very End :Now that last part of the text is off topic, but it's about the same matter, it's about everyone shouting that it has to be identical to everything we know, everything "safe" , that means the standard car types, the standard track types.. it's B-O-O-R-I-N-G,

Oh man, cars with four wheels are so mainstream, y'know what, I want hover pads!

Quote from The Very End :I do crave for more stuff in LFS, but I do hope it ain't a standard race track, I hope the devs put their minds togheter and create some beautifull UNIQUE content, then LFS would be something special.

What constitutes a standard race track and what dosen't? In order to be unique, must it have wormholes in it or something along those lines?

Y'know what would be beautifully unique, a sim with a combination of real life tracks we all know and love with proper physics for once, they got pretty close back in 1998 with GPL, since then its been quite pants.

The LFS dev team set out to create a racing simulator which has turned out to be pretty close to real life, they might as well give up now according to the attitudes of some of you, how dare they try to create something realistic!
Quote from tmehlinger :You obviously didn't read the rest of the post because it had a very good point.

You seem to take exception to what everyone else would like to see in the game. Voice your suggestions (100000? please, get real) and let everyone else voice theirs.

Let's quote the rest of your post :

Quote :You know, you could just post in the suggestions forum some ideas about what kind of original car/track you'd like to see in the game and leave it at that. If it turns out that more people want real cars and tracks, just accept it.

Now sure, it has a point, but I answered that in the earlier post.

I am more than willying to accept that my opinion means nothing, that I speak to deaf ears, but as long as I can make people think past the ring or Daytona I'm happy.

Saying it the way you saying it makes me sound like a screaming kid, that demands my wishes to be granted. As I stated earlier, my suggestions and opinions don't matter a thing, but I express them and are open for suggestions. Saying something like I favour my opinion above others botters me, because I am not saying it's a wrong thing asking for real life stuff, but it's the constant whining about it I want to make an uproar against.

Be happy what comes in LFS, if it's real content or not. I won't complain either way, I just have a little hope inside me that it won't be tracks I can play in the xxx other numbers of racing games, but something that is truelly unique for LFS.
Quote from 5haz :Am I not allowed to enjoy real tracks too?

Read my posts again, I am not saying you canot enjoy what you want, feel free to do it, I am not going to stop you for that.

Quote :
Stop telling me what I enjoy and what I dont.

That's why you have your opinion, and I have mine. Feel free to have your opinion. Again I am not saying you canot enjoy that, and I won't shut your hand for saying it, it's the way people saying things like "I want that and that" that anoys me.

Quote :Hahaha. :doh:

Look pal, I've raced in real life, and flicking the fuel pump switch and then ignition is not rocket science. (Although when it was introduced in nKpro it took some people hours of practising)

Ok, please, just.. please don't. This is the normal "I drive real life racing, I know better" attitute. I guess you are looking down on me as a shitty basement virgin kid that knows nothing more than chaseveiw?
Either way, you don't have to take everything I say completely litterary, most people with common sence would understand it was a fictionally example, but proves a point. Too much can work against it's intended purpose.

Quote :Oh man, cars with four wheels are so mainstream, y'know what, I want hover pads!

What constitutes a standard race track and what dosen't? In order to be unique, must it have wormholes in it or something along those lines?

I fail to see your sence of humor, sorry, read my posts again before you answer so lightly.
Quote :
Y'know what would be beautifully unique, a sim with a combination of real life tracks we all know and love with proper physics for once, they got pretty close back in 1998 with GPL, since then its been quite pants.

Sure, I am not, AGAIN, saying I won't enjoy real life tracks/cars/whatever. I am sure I would have a blast racing on a real life track with an car to be found in the real life, but it wouldn't be unique. That's my point.

But I am not going to say LFS is all about beeing unique, but it's the whole experience. LFS is great, but at least for me it about the fictionally and the own feeling / universe of it. The tracks are speciall, and I canot remember driving anything that is very similar to that before. Sure, the KY tracks might have been a little similar to something, but the other tracks are made completely out of the blue, it's something new and fresh, and it makes this nice feeling in LFS, that no other racing games have given me yet.
TVE,i think it isn't worth explaining anymore...
This will just end up in a useless argument.
We have our POV,they have theirs.
Shaz, shut up.

Tor, go gave a beer or something..

See, all sorted.

Everyone has their own opinions and views. Trying to inforce your own is plain stupd.
Quote from IlGuercio :TVE,i think it isn't worth explaining anymore...
This will just end up in a useless argument.
We have our POV,they have theirs.

Quote from DevilDare :Shaz, shut up.

See, all sorted.

Everyone has their own opinions and views. Trying to inforce your own is plain stupd.

I agree, but I am not trying to force people into the same opinion as me. What I trying, or tried in the start was to question the constand shouting about real life stuff. This is anoying and I could of course start arguing about the Scirocco or tyre physics moaning, but the main idea were to question all this shouting lately.

Things are done when they are done, and people have their opinions and are free to have that. Please just backup your statement and do not constantly destroy every topic by starting to demand various things.
Quote from The Very End :Ok, please, just.. please don't. This is the normal "I drive real life racing, I know better" attitute. I guess you are looking down on me as a shitty basement virgin kid that knows nothing more than chaseveiw?
Either way, you don't have to take everything I say completely litterary, most people with common sence would understand it was a fictionally example, but proves a point. Too much can work against it's intended purpose.

To be honest if you go round making statements like the one you just did, people will inevitably think of you as being ignorant. I was just pointing out that it dosen't take hours of practise to start a real race prepared car, as you implied.

Quote from The Very End :Sure, I am not, AGAIN, saying I won't enjoy real life tracks/cars/whatever. I am sure I would have a blast racing on a real life track with an car to be found in the real life, but it wouldn't be unique. That's my point.

Why is that such a bad thing? Man people are so obsessed with being unique nowadays, funny how they nearly always end up in a 'unique crowd', who end up all looking the same.

Quote from The Very End :But I am not going to say LFS is all about beeing unique, but it's the whole experience. LFS is great, but at least for me it about the fictionally and the own feeling / universe of it. The tracks are speciall, and I canot remember driving anything that is very similar to that before. Sure, the KY tracks might have been a little similar to something, but the other tracks are made completely out of the blue, it's something new and fresh, and it makes this nice feeling in LFS, that no other racing games have given me yet.

Aww good for you, don't grill me just because like racing on real tracks.

Quote from DevilDare :Shaz, shut up.

See, all sorted.

For ****s sake read the actual thread, I said I like racing on real tracks, I'm the one being told what I should like and what I shouldn't. Get a clue before you post for once.

For your benefit I'll summarise whats going on, seeing as you're too stupid/ADHD to have the attention span to look through the thread...

We have TVE here banging on about how everything should be unique, but I'm wondering what constitues unique and what dosen't, and why the heck must LFS be unique in the first place, its a racing sim, of course its going to be similar to other raing sims and real life in some ways, if you don't like that fact then perhaps you've come to the wrong place.

Perhaps if you weren't so desperate to attack someone like a rabid Mongol (In a desperate attempt to gain popularity/support no doubt) then you'd realise that.
Quote from The Very End :but as long as I can make people think past the ring or Daytona I'm happy.

Aaaaaaand here's your problem. It's not your right or your place to convince anyone what they do or don't want. If a bunch of people want to drive the Nurburgring in LFS, then let them dream. Shut up and quit wasting forum disk space by trying to make them think otherwise.

Saying it the way you saying it makes me sound like a screaming kid

Because you are

Saying something like I favour my opinion above others botters me

I never implied this

because I am not saying it's a wrong thing asking for real life stuff, but it's the constant whining about it I want to make an uproar against.

Since when are talking about "whining" for real cars and tracks? To quote you: "I just opens my mouth to answer for the constant shouting for real life tracks. Now you got a point, yes, that is my opinion, but the biggest reason (again) were to try making an uproar about this sillyness that every SIM out there got to have the same old standard tracks." <--- That part is where you admit you just don't like seeing people to ask for real-life circuits.

Be happy what comes in LFS, if it's real content or not. I won't complain either way, I just have a little hope inside me that it won't be tracks I can play in the xxx other numbers of racing games, but something that is truelly unique for LFS.

Then have your hope and shut up about what everyone else thinks.

As a courtesy to everyone else, I'm going to bow out of this thread. I suggest you do the same.
Stop this nonsense,TVE was just observing how many people want real track versus how many don't.That's it,all that bashing is just ridicolous...

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG