The online racing simulator
Quote from waynos :Will s3 include graphics update, physics a bit more for our 12 quid would be nice not sure 1 car and 1 track warrant getting it?!

The licenses are only for the content. Physics are the same no matter what license you have.
Quote from waynos :Will s3 include graphics update, physics a bit more for our 12 quid would be nice not sure 1 car and 1 track warrant getting it?!

The physics and graphics engines are common across all licence levels, from Demo to (eventually) S3.

S3 is not going to be a mandatory upgrade. If you don't think it's worth it for 1 track and 1 car (as far as we know, all that S3 brings extra to the table), then I really think you shouldn't buy it. Nobody should make a purchase they think they may regret and I'll fight your corner for you if you decide not to upgrade, and then cop any crap for that decision.

[edit] sorry geeman1, dunno why your post didn't show up before.
Quote from Intrepid :Well you could spend your £12 on something more worthwhile then

That's a very good way of putting it.
ill jus tbuy s3 so i can race on any server with any car nothing more id hate then to have a server i click on and say i cant join as i dont have content. i want it all. in support of lfs xD
well, thats sure thing, and i'd also love to actually drive with real car on real track using the best simulator there is.
+1. I'll stick get S3 just to access everything on my favorite game. Even if the new car is another crappy single seater or Pontiac Aztek.
My bid is on it being a stock car unless it is a real car.
Quote from Mysho :well, thats sure thing, and i'd also love to actually drive with real car on real track using the best simulator there is.

Well Mysho you may as well try iRacing as well as LFS as they only have real tracks & real cars. $5 for a trial is pretty reasonable. (dont get sucked in tho everything else is very expensive)

inracing.com
Quote from Rappa Z :My bid is on it being a stock car unless it is a real car.

Stock car, god I hope not. That would be such a disappointment.

Radical sounds good, but please just anything that isn't built solely to go round ovals and looks worse than a 10yr old Transit....
Quote from Rappa Z :My bid is on it being a stock car unless it is a real car.

Hope not
11/21 stock cars for a racing game, enough.
We need... LMP
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Hope not
11/21 stock cars for a racing game, enough.
We need... LMP

He means a NASCAR type car, not a "stock" car.
A "STOCK" car would make the new oval and the KY oval a lot more fun.
STOCK (Sordid Transaction Of Chroma, Kinetically) Car
Stock cars will be fun for the first week, until people realise you can only drive it in circles.

OT: Why is it called 'stock' cars? I'm sure they are modified in some sort!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Stock cars will be fun for the first week, until people realise you can only drive it in circles.

OT: Why is it called 'stock' cars? I'm sure they are modified in some sort!

Back in the early days of NASCAR they were truly stock cars. The car has evolved, but the name didn't.
Quote from /Harry/ :There's nothing stock about a stock car.

Days of Thunder
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Stock cars will be fun for the first week, until people realise you can only drive it in circles.

Who says stock cars cant be driven on road courses? Besides it would make both ovals more interesting and it'll be more than just plant your foot down (try the I-SCAR mod to fully understand what i'm talking about)

Quote from Furiously-Fast :OT: Why is it called 'stock' cars? I'm sure they are modified in some sort!

Stock Cars have also gained a new meaning in motorsports. It also means racing of a purpose built car that is heavily regulated through chassis and engine. I mean the SuperLeague Formula is billed as a "stock" formula but that doesn't make sense in the "traditional" sense of the word.

So...in racing it gains a new meaning
I actualy heavaly agree on the stock car part actauly stock cars on road courses are quite intresting to drive.

Slippy nervous on the edge its woderfull and real challenge to drive.
(atleast the stockcars in i racing and I-car mod are)
260hp is a bit soft. how about Chev engined L300 Mitsubishi Van, complete with Plumbers stickers + roof racks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhgvX_-NJVg

If you're gonna do it, do it right.

There's also a jet powered one around too iirc..
Ah sorry didn't get it ^^
Yea wee need Nascar cars too... As we are going to have a new oval it would be possible
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Ah sorry didn't get it ^^
Yea wee need Nascar cars too... As we are going to have a new oval it would be possible

A Nascar would be very cool.
But isn't the new oval even smaller than Kyoto ring?
IMO a nascar would only be needed if there were bigger ovals.
Quote from The Very End :But isn't the new oval even smaller than Kyoto ring?
IMO a nascar would only be needed if there were bigger ovals.

Who says that stock cars are only fun at full throttle draft battles?

Shorter ovals like Darlington and Lowes Motorspeedway are quite fun as well and adds a new technique for oval racing

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG