The online racing simulator
Maybe those that are pissed shold just delete LFS, forget about it and buy it when it's finished like every other title on the shelf.

We are all beta/alpha testers, and most only paid 2/3rds the cost yet. If you want finished product ($100 indicates finished right?) go play NFS:Shift

Games in 2050 will be hot I hear. Someone release them nao ploX
I just hope the extra content will come when its all completed and without bugs.
For the rest,this speculation is waaaaaay exagerated,relax and wait,i doubt most of you users have mastered every car and track in the game.
If you want to continue with LFS save some money for S3,otherwise you will still have S2 to play with,no one is going to knock at your door threatening you with a gun.
Remember that all was and will be possible with our contribution,without users and money LFS would be really dead.
Have patience,this is not a quantity game but a quality one.
If you are sick of waiting there's plenty of other games to play.
Oh,nice work guys,you rock
I find it mind boggling that some people dare to complain about having to pay for this new track and a (additional) new car I simply have no words to convey my disgust, so I won't try.

Also, I see people speculating - and whining - that now we will have to wait even longer for a new patch, because the devs say they can't give an estimate on a release date. Call me crazy but I think that only applies to the new S3 patch containing the new track. I think it's safe to assume that we will get another S2 patch containing the Scirrocco and the new tyre physics looooooooong before the first S3 patch (as we probably won't see S3 for at least a good year).

As for the rapid growth of this thread, mostly with litter... that happens every time Scawen makes a post. If he so much as farts on this forum you've got at least a 6 page thread within a couple of hours
Those announces are lots of words, and lots of expectations...
What about actually releasing some content instead of making noise ?
A real comics book.
It's all good news. And now the people complaining about not getting any updates can see what was going on behind the scenes. But will they learn from that? Will they bollocks.

Hopefully it won't come out too quickly, because I need to get a decent working wheel before then
Quote from fat-oil :Those announces are lots of words, and lots of expectations...
What about actually releasing some content instead of making noise ?
A real comics book.

People complain when the devs are working, but stay quiet about what they're working on. Now people complain when they're busy working, but trying to keep us informed about real big progress.

Development takes time and nothing will speed up the process. So they can either give us news or not. Before you (or anyone else) keeps complaining, please think about the two options on offer and which you'd rather have.
I agree with obsolum..

- Rockingham + the new car will be S3 which I think is still pretty far away and S3 ofcourse requires you to pay a bit of money.
- Scirocco + tire physics are the last of the S2 updates which are free.
At least, that's what I understand from it all.
For all those who don't understand, all this new content (Scirocco, new physics, Rockingham and a new car) will be released the same day. It all will be a part of one patch, whatever it is called. It's just up to your license level, what you can use and what you can't (locked/unlocked situation).

So if you are an S1/S2 user you'll be able to use Scirocco and new physics.
If you buy an S3 license you'll be able to use Rockingham and a new car as well and all the additional content that will follow for S3 licensed users in future releases.

I hope to God that new car is not going to be a 4WD GTR (Scirocco GTR), because that would be a serious waste.

Anyway, as I've expected track is rendered brilliantly. As far as I've noticed it's still done with current graphics and I welcome that very much. It would be very hard for me if I had to buy a new computer specially because of a new patch.

One more thing, I hope we'll get new interiors for rest of cars. I didn't spot that one got noticed.
Quote from Sponge :I agree with obsolum..

- Rockingham + the new car will be S3 which I think is still pretty far away and S3 ofcourse requires you to pay a bit of money.
- Scirocco + tire physics are the last of the S2 updates which are free.
At least, that's what I understand from it all.

I don't know about that last part. The Scirocco is an S1 update and the tire physics will come to S1 too (since it's the same game, only with less content).
Quote from N I K I :To all those who don't understand, all this new content (scirocco, new physics, Rockingham and a new car) will be released the same day. It all will be a part of one patch, whatever it is called. It's just up to your license level, what you can use and what you can't (locked/unlocked situation).

So if you are an S1/S2 user yo'll be able to use scirocco and new physics.
If you buy an S3 license you'll be able to use Rockingham and a new car as well.

I hope to God that new car is not going to be a 4WD GTR, because that would be a serious waste.

Anyway, as I've expected track is rendered brilliantly.

One more thing, I hope we'll get new interiors for rest of cars. I didn't spot that one got noticed.

Where did you read that it will come in one patch? I think Rockingham is much farther away then the tire update and the Scirocco (since Scawen mentioned he wanted to let us know about S3 and Rockingham closer to release)
This is very nice news indeed.

One question: Is it possible to know a little bit more about the way the surveying was done? Which laserscanner was used, was the camera mounted on the scanner or positioned arbitrarily, how as the data reduction done etc.?

Being a surveying engineer myself and also doing a PhD in the same area, this would be very interesting for me to know
Quote from Scatter :I think for the developers of LFS, it's the other way around. Digging through Scawen's (or Victor's) posts from when the Sciroccio was announced, they were being paid to put that content into the game (though I'm not to sure about the V1 contract).

From what i've read, I dont think Scawen was paid to put anything in LFS - by the same token he has never paid for content (until now perhaps with ROK).
Marzman, it's something what I concluded from everything.

I couldn't help myself not to notice those high curbs on Rockingham's chicane and somehow that gave me hope that they will be introduced to Kyoto's GP Long chicane as well.
I'll be very disapointed if Rockingham and the Scirocco don't come out in the same patch simply because of the length of time we've waited on it. I remember a while back I was speculating about why the VW was delayed so much and the only reason I could think of was that Scawen planned 2 big patch releases and decided to merge them into 1.

Fantastic marketing scheme to make Rockingham S3 content though.
Quote from marzman :I don't know about that last part. The Scirocco is an S1 update and the tire physics will come to S1 too (since it's the same game, only with less content).

Yes S1 too.. sorry, forgot about that
It´s great news to see such big changes coming to LFS, but I would like to express a little concern I have and that in my opinion should be adressed at some point, and that´s the balance between content. We have tracks that have been updated and some that haven´t got any changes for a long time, and you´ll have a new track added, that for what you can see, you´ll have a greater level of detail, and most likely a different feel from the rest. We have cars that had updates on the interiors while others didn´t, and different levels of detail from the "recent" ones like the FBM or the upcoming Scirocco, relating to the older ones, and you´ll have a new car added, that I suppose will be, at least, at the same level of the Scirocco. Maybe for users that have been around for a long time, this may not be such a big problem, but for anyone that is starting to play LFS, this could be a little akward, like everytime you change car and track, you´re playing a different game.
Quote from Bob Smith :People complain when the devs are working, but stay quiet about what they're working on. Now people complain when they're busy working, but trying to keep us informed about real big progress.

Development takes time and nothing will speed up the process. So they can either give us news or not. Before you (or anyone else) keeps complaining, please think about the two options on offer and which you'd rather have.

STICKY!
Quote from chunkyracer :...

I have to a agree, that a major part of LFS needs a little "face-lifting". Interiors in lots of cars need to be updated, and some track a little overhaul.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
I payed 36€ nearly 4 years ago... I`m ready to pay again
Quote from chunkyracer :It´s great news to see such big changes coming to LFS, but I would like to express a little concern I have and that in my opinion should be adressed at some point, and that´s the balance between content. We have tracks that have been updated and some that haven´t got any changes for a long time, and you´ll have a new track added, that for what you can see, you´ll have a greater level of detail, and most likely a different feel from the rest. We have cars that had updates on the interiors while others didn´t, and different levels of detail from the "recent" ones like the FBM or the upcoming Scirocco, relating to the older ones, and you´ll have a new car added, that I suppose will be, at least, at the same level of the Scirocco. Maybe for users that have been around for a long time, this may not be such a big problem, but for anyone that is starting to play LFS, this could be a little akward, like everytime you change car and track, you´re playing a different game.

True, it would be strange for newcommers to drive a 2003 blackwood and a 2009 (or 2010) Rockingham. Good Blackwood is updated since then I think everything with low res textures will be updated before S2 goed final.

I cannot wait!

But don't you think there should be more tyre marks on the asphalt? IMO it would look more realistic
Dont you think that cone should have a shadow? it's bugging the hell out of me... :X
to add some more spam to this:

I'm playing lfs since erm...late 2003, officially I got my S1 license in March 2004. Yesterday I've paid 12 british sterling-marks, so I don't have to save when s3 licensed content will be released.
So now I've spent 36 pounds for a game I've played for almost 6 years! In my eyes this is a bargain, seeing that it has developed from a quite simple little sim to a full blown game!
I play a lot of different racing games, but I only buy them when I get them for a tenner or less. Over the last few years I've bought GTR, GTR2, Trackmania, GT Legends, RBR and whatnot.
Those games were good fun, but rest on the shelves now. However I've spent much more on them as on LFS, but never really played them for longer than 2 weeks!
That's exactly why I think the marketing of Scavier is very decent, and last but not least I personally think those lazy slow bummers deserve the money.

greetz

der butz
Quote from marzman :True, it would be strange for newcommers to drive a 2003 blackwood and a 2009 (or 2010) Rockingham. Good Blackwood is updated since then I think everything with low res textures will be updated before S2 goed final.

Not just textures.
I imagine the laser scanned Rockingham is not totally smooth like the tracks we have now. Hopefully the data collected will be used to update the existing tracks so that they have a better feel.

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG