The online racing simulator
Nice.
As much as I don't give a sh1t about laser scanning just yet, those screens do look tasty. With the new physics shizzle on the horizon as well it now looks like LFS has finally started puberty
Quote from spiderbait90 :
It would be nice if we could get confirmation on how much S3 is going to cost, so that we can 'top-up' our account funds.

Upgrading to S3 from S2 costs £12. Without any license, S3 costs £36.

At least I think so.
Nice to hear an official statement, though personally I'm much more interested in the physics improvements of the upcoming release.

I see that you kinda have to take the opportunities as they arise, but I really hope Rockingham is more interesting to drive than it looks from the layouts and Youtube videos (which is not very - another flat infield track doesn't exactly leave me waiting in anticipation). It's nice this track was made utilizing laser scanning, which besides being much more accurate than eye measurement hopefully also sped up the track creation at least a bit. That said, I do hope this (and the mysterious extra car) didn't take up Eric's whole attention. It would be quite a shame if Rockingham is going to be the only track-related change we're going to see on the next release.

S3 appearing on the radar is good news! Means I'll finally be able to make use of the extra £12 lying around unused on my LFS account (assuming S3 will still cost £12).
Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss
I'm stunned! S3 coming... laser scanning...
I honestly am just stunned and amazed at all this. Scavier really came up trumps this time...

Real, no?
wheres the moaner who was complaining about xfr flipping coz of the kerb.

look at those yellow bad boys.

were gonna have a flipping great time :P

no pun intended promise
I was desperately trying to click on the nonexistent "Buy LFS S3 license" link for 5 minutes.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I honestly am just stunned and amazed at all this. Scavier really came up trumps this time...

You mean you guys haven't known about this for like 4 years?! you all are waaay behind the times!

Awesome... all this news is great, I can't wait to get my hands on not just the new cars and tracks, but racing with all the other great LFS people and sharing their excitement!

I've driven Rockingham a few times, I can't wait to see if I can get similar laptimes
#88 - aoun
Would love to try out the 06 F1 BMW Sauber at Rockingham. Real car, real track, new physics!

We got the REAL online racing simulator now!

Im going to take a bet, id say..

December - Tyre physics + VW
May 2010 - Rockingham

Thats more, LATEST id say.

Earliest id say, everything by Christmas.
Well I deliberately went onto those kerbs in the FOX, and the car doesn't like them too much - obviously why the Formula Renault runners don't go on them. Looking at some photos, the tintops dont try and go on the yellow bits if they can help it.
Great work LFS team! Now I just need to try to forget all about it until it's released
Wooo, im seriouslly hyped for this

The screenshots look awesome
#92 - 5haz
I'd like to say thankyou for quickly confirming the rumours, and not letting the hype and potential for dissapointment build to ridiculous levels, and I'm looking forward to it.

#93 - Byku
It might be a little bucket of cold water for You all but... what about updates of the interiors? I mean.. driving FZR, FXO or RB4 on this track would be... umm... a painful pleasure .
#95 - aoun
Id rather see the sounds fixed before the graphics/interiors.

Not winging or asking for it, just saying.

To me, id be able to feel alot more with improved engine sounds, tyre screaching etc than leather and materials.
Quote from boothy :Well I deliberately went onto those kerbs in the FOX, and the car doesn't like them too much - obviously why the Formula Renault runners don't go on them. Looking at some photos, the tintops dont try and go on the yellow bits if they can help it.

Tell something about the tyre physics.
Quote from BreadC :wheres the moaner who was complaining about xfr flipping coz of the kerb.

look at those yellow bad boys.

were gonna have a flipping great time :P

no pun intended promise

bring on the pancakes as we are sure to see some flipped drivers!
i hope the other new car they will be making is a stock car
they are fun on ovals and just as fun on road courses!
Great news! Devs are finally getting with the times.

One thing i dont understand is why they didn't announce that they would be @ Rockingham for the BTCC race?
Quote from LFSn00b :/me expects another F@@@@@@@ing curbs thread because of those

Also, what will be the abbreviation for Rockingham, just RO?

Given that so far we have:

Blackwood
South City
Fern Bay
Kyoto
Aston
Westhill

Possibly?

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG