The online racing simulator
Quote from tmehlinger :Aaaaaaand here's your problem. It's not your right or your place to convince anyone what they do or don't want. If a bunch of people want to drive the Nurburgring in LFS, then let them dream. Shut up and quit wasting forum disk space by trying to make them think otherwise.

So it's ok if people shout about their desire of real tracks but TVE is not allowed to say the contrary?
There are just a few contradictions in your post,if you dind't notice.
Quote from IlGuercio :Stop this nonsense,TVE was just observing how many people want real track versus how many don't.That's it,all that bashing is just ridicolous...

And telling people to stop wanting real tracks, I don't like people telling me what I should and shouldn't want.
Quote from 5haz :To be honest if you go round making statements like the one you just did, people will inevitably think of you as being ignorant. I was just pointing out that it dosen't take hours of practise to start a real race prepared car, as you implied.

Ok, I can agree being ignorant, but I still think LFS is best off beeing a hybrid between reallity and game. Too much and we end up having very few to race against, because most of the people would not be classified to drive porberly.

Quote :
Why is that such a bad thing? Man people are so obsessed with being unique nowadays, funny how they nearly always end up in a 'unique crowd', who end up all looking the same.

Because LFS is something different in my eyes. I can agree that it can be too much, and it work against it's purpose. Good example of this is kids trying to be unique, but in the end they'll end up beeing like the other billion of kids with same hair, cloths and identity. A mix is good here I would say.

Quote :Aww good for you, don't grill me just because like racing on real tracks.

I am not grilling you, if it's anything I envy you. I have allways dreamed to be a race driver, but economy were never my familys strong side, therfor I didn't have enough money to make it into the sport. I have done some karting but that's it. Blaming everything on money is wrong too, since I probally are not very much tallented either, but that's just off topic.

Quote from tmehlinger :Aaaaaaand here's your problem. It's not your right or your place to convince anyone what they do or don't want. If a bunch of people want to drive the Nurburgring in LFS, then let them dream. Shut up and quit wasting forum disk space by trying to make them think otherwise.

Did you read my posts? When did I say something that rude about people wanting something? The ones I pointed my fingers on were the ones that constantly shouting high in every topic for something real. Real that, real that and bla real everything.
Sure, it's a waste of forum disc space, but at least it's a propperly discussion compared to the other crap that has filled the forum lately. I am in no position to talk about posting crap, but I do, because this actually is a topic that servers a purpose and I don't want it to get ruined by "where is xxxx?" replies.

Again, please stop beeing that rude, it makes you look silly, because I am not at all saying you or anyone else that craves for real life contest does anything wrong, it's the ones that cries loud.

Quote :Because you are

Ok, so I am ignorant.

Quote :Since when are talking about "whining" for real cars and tracks? To quote you: "I just opens my mouth to answer for the constant shouting for real life tracks. Now you got a point, yes, that is my opinion, but the biggest reason (again) were to try making an uproar about this sillyness that every SIM out there got to have the same old standard tracks." <--- That part is where you admit you just don't like seeing people to ask for real-life circuits.
Then have your hope and shut up about what everyone else thinks.

As a courtesy to everyone else, I'm going to bow out of this thread. I suggest you do the same.

Again, you are not reading my posts, you continue trying to make me look like a fool that canot justify my statements, sure, I am a ignorant fat kid who don't get laid - you win - internet beats me, THAT'S OK for me. I have no need to win this disucssion, I have no goal to make you or anyone look bad. My goal is to try opening the eyes of people that there are more to this world / game that what's been made before. And my main objective is to try stopping all this shouting and ruining of good topics. Please in future tone down your attitute a little, and read my posts, because I were not speaking down on you.
Quote from The Very End :Ok, I can agree being ignorant, but I still think LFS is best off beeing a hybrid between reallity and game. Too much and we end up having very few to race against, because most of the people would not be classified to drive porberly.

The physics are already very realistic, at the end of the day a track is a track; a bit of winding road. There are very few, if any real tracks that are harder to drive than the fictional ones in LFS.

Infact, LFS is harder than real life, as you cannot feel the physical forces acting on you which help you feel how the car moving about under your seat.

There, now that I have your attention, Kiddies, can we calm down a bit. This is only the internet. No need to get excited.

Actually, scratch that... those tits are getting me a bit excited now.
Quote from 5haz :And telling people to stop wanting real tracks, I don't like people telling me what I should and shouldn't want.

He didn't.
Quote from 5haz :The physics are already very realistic, at the end of the day a track is a track; a bit of winding road. There are very few, if any real tracks that are harder to drive than the fictional ones in LFS.

I agree completely. A track is a track, no doubt. What's beeing added in the development, real or not, I won't complain about. What Itried to share is that we need to stop shouting that everything needs to be real. The physics can be close to whats beeing in real life, and tracks similar, but at same time it doesn't need to be real to nessesarly be good

So in the end of the day - what comes, comes. But please don't shout nonsence on forum about wanting x that and x that.

And that was not aimed at you Haz
I think the Rockingham track or any other real life track is good for development. If you want to measure your algorithm, be it pattern recognition, video/audio coding or anything else where you use models to reproduce a certain real life system, you need a reference, i.e. ground truth data.

It's the same for physics simulations: There's a certain ground truth, lets say for maximum speed of a car with given parameters. But there's much more to it than just the maximum speed. Having a ground truth for car and track is a good way to optimize physics to approximate reality. Not perfectly as there are other differences, but at least better than without this additional data.

I don't really care about driving on a real life or a fictional track. Some of the posters wrote it before: I'm not about to "try this at home" or even compare my driving to reality. But as it was also said in the producers note: it's a real benefit for develoment.

Bye, smurfer
Those bitching about real life tracks being a waste of time and fictional tracks are better if they're made to the same standard - have you ever tried to make a track for a sim?

By far the best thing about modelling a real-life location (and conversely, the weakest point of a fictional track) is the ability to laser scan it and get the amount of surface detail and subtle elevation changes that laser-scanning brings. No matter how good a modeller you are, you just can't recreate that realistically by hand, whether you're manually scratch building a real track or making up a fictional one. This is one of the reasons (note 'one of', not 'the') that LFS's tracks are so smooth and the surface so flawless. Obviously the amount of detail you can represent is limited by the size of the surface polygons so it won't be exactly like real life, but I have very high hopes for Rockingham coming some way to solving the issue of LFS's 'perfect' driving surfaces.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Those bitching about real life tracks being a waste of time and fictional tracks are better if they're made to the same standard - have you ever tried to make a track for a sim?

I don't understand how it would be a waste of time. It probably takes less time to laser scan a track and do the necessary adjustments to make it suitable for a game than it is to design and build a fantasy track from scratch.
Quote from geeman1 :I don't understand how it would be a waste of time. It probably takes less time to laser scan a track and do the necessary adjustments to make it suitable for a game than it is to design and build a fantasy track from scratch.

But then there is the problem of getting the permission to use the track and getting a company to do the laser scanning meaning it could get quite expensive.
Yeah. There is that. That's why we haven't seen a real track before.
Quote from geeman1 :I don't understand how it would be a waste of time. It probably takes less time to laser scan a track and do the necessary adjustments to make it suitable for a game than it is to design and build a fantasy track from scratch.

I wasn't saying it was a waste of time, I was saying it *wasn't* a waste of time...
Quote from The Very End :A game with shitty physics can still beat a game with crappy physics, and the other way around

What?

Quote from 5haz :For ****s sake read the actual thread
Get a clue before you post for once
as you're too stupid/ADHD to have the attention span to look through the thread
if you weren't so desperate to attack someone like a rabid Mongol (In a desperate attempt to gain popularity/support no doubt)

Weren't you the one who "nominated" me in that one thread about "Best S2 person" because "I don't get involved in petty arguements"? Why don't you try doing it yourself when you think it's something that deserves nominating someone?

As it is, you look like an idiot because of writing the things I quoted above.

Btw, read the last sentence of the quote and ask yourself who is attacking and who is just stating their opinion. Just saying.
Quote from zeugnimod :Weren't you the one who "nominated" me in that one thread about "Best S2 person" because "I don't get involved in petty arguements"? Why don't you try doing it yourself when you think it's something that deserves nominating someone?

As it is, you look like an idiot because of writing the things I quoted above.

Btw, read the last sentence of the quote and ask yourself who is attacking and who is just stating their opinion. Just saying.

Sorry, you seem to have confused me with someone who gives a shit. Perhaps you should read the thread and see that I started off by just saying that I don't see whats wrong with real tracks, is that so offensive? Oh but you probrably didn't get that far into the thread before you started on me.

DevilDare gives me some ignorant and uneccesarily blunt reply, marches into some conversation and tells me to "shut up" (aparrently its me thats the one throwing my weight around), he adds nothing relevant to the conversation and so dosen't deserve any approaching a civilised and level headed reply.

Suddenly I'm being accused of forcing my opinions on people who are actually the ones telling me how I should think. A classic case of "I'm all for everyone having an opinion; so long as it agrees with mine". :rolleyes:

You could also help by not digging up arguments that ended almost exactly a day ago, and cleverly cutting bits out of my quote to twist things.
Ziggy/TVE, just stop going back and forth with this guy. The more you post the more he posts, I dont know how much more this forum can take...
Quote from th84 :Ziggy/TVE, just stop going back and forth with this guy. The more you post the more he posts, I dont know how much more this forum can take...

Take your own advice. You seem to have an obsession with people posting more than you do, I noticed this with S14 DRIFT when you had the arse ache with him for ages just because according to you he posted useless spam, ironic that you do too then isn't it?

What the **** is wrong with you people? I was just discussing with TVE about Real tracks in LFS, all of a sudden I'm seen as some kind of villain by people who clearly have no clue what the thread is about.

Makes me wonder, if I'd had a similar conversation with someone other than TVE, there wouldn't be such commotion. You're all just blatantly running to TVE to back him up in a desperate bid for his approval becauses hes so popular for some reason, sycophantic people.

Makes me laugh how you all champion freedom of opinion, yet you're trying to look down on me just because I have a different one, you don't even know what it is seeing as you didn't read the thread.

Th just go away, you're just trying to get some attention for yourself, its you lot who have pushed this thread OT, not me. Now leave me alone, don't come back until you have something on topic to say.

You'll find that when I'm not provoked by people like you, my posts are perfectly fine, then again the only time you ever show yourself is when some argument blows up, a perfect opportunity to grab some attention for yourself without presenting any relevant opinions or thoughts of your own.
Quote from th84 :Ziggy/TVE, just stop going back and forth with this guy. The more you post the more he posts, I dont know how much more this forum can take...

Looks like you are right.

I guess he wants to play the victim card looking at the way he reacted to my post. Too bad.
Quote from zeugnimod :Looks like you are right.

I guess he wants to play the victim card looking at the way he reacted to my post. Too bad.

Seriously, read the thread, stop blindly backing up TVE for the sake of it, and most of all, take you own advice.

If theres one thing I've learnt from this thread, don't disagree with TVE, lest his supporters blindly trip over eachother to attack you in a desperate bid to raise their popularity/self respect/ego/ whatever. It isn't necessarily TVE's fault that he has built up the support of such desperate people, their heads emptied of their own personal opinions.
I would welcome more real life tracks! Especially with laser-scanned accuracy. That's not taking any kind of side. Just my opinion. I love you all very very much. [etals:]

Now all of you stfu. +3 e-penis points
My problem with S14 had nothing (well, only when he constantly called other people spammers) to do with his spam. Maybe you should find the facts before you make an ass of yourself?

I've admitted 1000's of time that I am a spammer/troll, and proud of it. Do you really think that I care that you have almost twice the post count that I do....... in half the time? Come on, guy, get over yourself.

Trust me, attention is not even close to the top of my to-do list.

Also, If you think I am out to gain TVE's approval, your much more of a tool than I ever thought.

I shall return to spam another topic on another rainy day.

Tootles!

PS, I think fictional tracks are just fine... there are plenty of games that offer RL tracks, if thats what your into.
Quote from th84 :My problem with S14 had nothing (well, only when he constantly called other people spammers) to do with his spam. Maybe you should find the facts before you make an ass of yourself?

What was it about then? Other than you bitching about his every post. Infact I only ever see you on this forum bitching.

Quote from th84 :Do you really think that I care that you have almost twice the post count than I do....... in half the time? Come on, guy, get over yourself.

Aww the old post count insult, you are a master of cheap shots, well you cared enough to bring it up.

Quote from th84 :I've admitted 1000's of time that I am a spammer/troll, and proud of it.

Yet you feel the need to point the finger at others for the same reason? By the way, its not clever to be a troll, that puts you in the same league as Intrepid.

Quote from th84 :Trust me, attention is not even close to the top of my to-do list.

Also, If you think I am out to gain TVE's approval, your much more of a tool than I ever thought.

What is your business in this thread then? Seeing as you have nothing relevant to add (as per usual). What are you here for? If you weren't looking for attention why would you churn out such useless crap, why can't it just stay in your head?

You show up here telling everyone to not bother with the back and forth, but you can't resist can you?... hypocrite.

You've helped turn what was a discussion about tracks in LFS into one big cluster****, then you have the cheek to try and blame me for it.
Quote from 5haz :What was it about then? Other than you bitching about his every post.

That's in the past. What it was about is neither any of your buisness or relevant.

Quote from 5haz :Aww the old post count insult, you are a master of cheap shots, well you cared enough to bring it up.

Quote from 5haz :You seem to have an obsession with people posting more than you do

Ummm, who brought it up? You should really lay off the drugs. That was only 15 minutes ago, dude.

As far as the cheap shots go... who is it that constantly bashes anything slightly American whenever he gets a chance?

Quote :Yet you feel the need to point the finger at others for the same reason?

I dont call people out for spamming, only the one guy who got his rocks off on calling other spammers spammers.

Quote :What is your business in this thread then? Seeing as you have nothing relevant to add. What are you here for?

Same reason you are, this is a public forum.

Quote :You show up here telling everyone to not bother with the back and forth, but you can't resist can you... hypocrite.

You got me on that one.

It's hard to keep up with your constant editing. Get it right the first time, FFS.

I can no longer respond, Mommy wants me off the computer for a while...
Quote from th84 :Ummm, who brought it up? You should really lay off the drugs. That was only 15 minutes ago, dude.

I didn't bring up post counts.

Quote from th84 :As far as the cheap shots go... who is it that constantly bashes anything slightly American whenever he gets a chance?

"That's in the past. What it was about is neither any of your buisness or relevant."

By being in favour of nationalised healthcare and recognising the fact that someone is both stupid and American (I never suggested there was a link between the two, I also had evidence to show why I though someone was an idiot.). I don't think thats bashing, thats just having an opinion (and a reason for having said opinion) that you cant handle.

Quote from th84 :I dont call people out for spamming.

Quote :Ziggy/TVE, just stop going back and forth with this guy. The more you post the more he posts

Sounds like you do to me. To be honest, I was already finished with this argument yesterday night, then you and Zeug show up, you have only yourselves to blame.

I might start writing replies to your posts made out of nothing but your own quotes, seeing as you contradict yourself so much.

Quote from th84 :Same reason you are, this is a public forum

It seems we are here for different reasons. I was having a normal discussion until you showed up, I'm here to have a chat, it seems you're here to have a go at people, taking sides in arguments when you don't even know what they're about (until you hastily tag something resembling an individual opinion on to the end of a post to try and cover yourself).

Quote from th84 :It's hard to keep up with your constant editing. Get it right the first time, FFS.

Is that the best you can think of?

I just can't believe this stupid argument has blown up out of something relatively harmless that was already over 24 hours ago, why you couldn't just leave me alone I don't know. The only possible explanation I could think of was because.. well I'm not going to repeat myself.
Quote from 5haz :Seriously, read the thread, stop blindly backing up TVE for the sake of it, and most of all, take you own advice.

If theres one thing I've learnt from this thread, don't disagree with TVE, lest his supporters blindly trip over eachother to attack you in a desperate bid to raise their popularity/self respect/ego/ whatever.

This is not a good arguement, I don't want people to back up my statement, and I did not want to cause a big drama at all. Why people get so worked up? I stated my opinion and accept that you have your opinion, and I am not trying to give anyone victim / attacker role here, I just trying to discuss around the matter of people constantly crying out loud that LFS need real that and real that..

But if you read my posts I tells many times I have nothing against the new real stuff that is added or will be added, I just tries to say that it would be entertaining to have tracks not shown in any other games.

I don't give a rat's ass for TH or the other, they are good lads but they have their own opinions. I don't ask them to post, and if you think that I can only argue because someone will back me up.. I feel sorry for you. Again, I am not trying to say you are bad or anything, I am trying to discus.

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG