The online racing simulator
What fun is it to brake and not go full speed?
Pedals to the metall bitches!!
martinsville xD

BUMP AND RUN

baibai
Canadian Tire Series. Again

Short track racing, epic fun
Hmmmmmm......
BTCC race dates
Rockingham 25/Apr/2010
Quote from DimitarBG :Hmmmmmm......
BTCC race dates
Rockingham 25/Apr/2010

Might aswell be a perfect time for S3 release with Rockingham?
Rumor mill - ON
The way Scawen has said in the test patches 'Does not contain VW/Scirocco/Rockingham' makes me feel like Rockingham will be released with the patch.

Wishful thinking, I suppose.
Quote from Khann :The way Scawen has said in the test patches 'Does not contain VW/Scirocco/Rockingham' makes me feel like Rockingham will be released with the patch.

Wishful thinking, I suppose.

How can it contain Rockingham if it's S3 content?
no...........he says that upfront so people don't clog up the test patch forum with bs like,

"where is the scirocco / rockingham?"

You have to spell out things to the absolute letter to stop the eejits.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Stock cars will be fun for the first week, until people realise you can only drive it in circles.

You are so right!

That's why they also race at Infineon, Watkins Glen, and Montreal... And used to race in Mexico city.
Quote from TagForce :You are so right!

That's why they also race at Infineon, Watkins Glen, and Montreal... And used to race in Mexico city.

^
^
What she said.
The thing with stock cars is that racing them on ovals would only become fun if there were to be rolling starts and the safety car - don't think we'll be getting them in the next patch though ...
Quote from duke_toaster :The thing with stock cars is that racing them on ovals would only become fun if there were to be rolling starts and the safety car - don't think we'll be getting them in the next patch though ...

We can do that now, but I know you mean AI safety car and flag system.
Yeah, and AI safety car would be awesome. Actually it canot be that hard to program? Let's say the race starts from pit, and AI drives 80 km/h in the pits and drives around 100 km/h (or something) for two laps. One to get people out from pit and on track in formation, and one more just to get that rolling start / heating up the tyres or something.

Either way, I like normal starts better, but rolling starts are enjoyable aswell.
Found this somewhere in improvement suggestions:

Quote from Fischfix :ok here is a workaround for the use of the AI as a pacecar for flying starts:

make a setup for the AI so it cannot drive faster then the speed you want to (like 150km/h)

/ai [Name of AI]

order the grid so the ai is at the front

at the start put out a yellow server message like: "FLYING START, STAY IN YOUR FILE"

after the start, give out a drive-through or stop/go penalty to the ai driver in the lap you want it to start the race
/p_sg [Name of AI]
the ai will go into the pits

when the AI crosses the pit entrance line:
give out a "GREEN FLAG" server side message
send the AI to spectate with "/spec [Name of AI]"

all these commands could be set up in a script and bind them to a button. the admin on the server just has to trigger them.

Ok, lets get back on topic now
Quote from The Very End :Yeah, and AI safety car would be awesome. Actually it canot be that hard to program? Let's say the race starts from pit, and AI drives 80 km/h in the pits and drives around 100 km/h (or something) for two laps. One to get people out from pit and on track in formation, and one more just to get that rolling start / heating up the tyres or something.

Either way, I like normal starts better, but rolling starts are enjoyable aswell.

Well, it would be possible, but it would be a poor and quick implementation of a safety car that would also only work in multiplayer, without any other AI cars on track, and would be of no use in singleplayer, because the other AI would just pass by the safety car crashing and keep racing if a proper code weren't implemented. And the way we know Scawen is perfectionist, he wouldn't do such thing.
Paying £12 for one car and one track would be a pure rip off, almost surpassing the levels of iracing which is a horrific price for what it is.

But from what i can see Rockingham and one more car coming (not the Scirocco) being S3 is pure speculation.

I havent seen any of the creators stateing or hinting that S3 will consist of one car and one track along with a physics update... i may be wrong..

but it would be nice to have a few more updates on the development process as it progresses, updates every four months is not fair on us the customers imo... many people on this forum spend hours on LFS and are dedicated to making it a success (through leagues etc) the commitment we show LFS and its creators is outstanding.. so a few more updates would be good
To the above post, it's not a ripoff, and here's why:

£12 for one car and one track--it may not seem much, but then that amount grows and grows and grows.

Soon, it'll be £12 for about 10 more cars and 5 more tracks -- now does that seem like a ripoff?

Speaking of '£12', I'll be pre-paid in a few hours!
Quote from chrissawyer21 :Paying £12 for one car and one track would be a pure rip off, almost surpassing the levels of iracing which is a horrific price for what it is.

But from what i can see Rockingham and one more car coming (not the Scirocco) being S3 is pure speculation.

I havent seen any of the creators stateing or hinting that S3 will consist of one car and one track along with a physics update... i may be wrong..

but it would be nice to have a few more updates on the development process as it progresses, updates every four months is not fair on us the customers imo... many people on this forum spend hours on LFS and are dedicated to making it a success (through leagues etc) the commitment we show LFS and its creators is outstanding.. so a few more updates would be good

Quote :License

One important thing we must mention is that to access Rockingham in LFS, users will need an S3 license. We have added the BMW Sauber F1.06 to the S2 license and will be releasing the VW Scirocco for the S1 license as free updates. We realised that at some point we need to move onto the S3 license and it would be better for the community to be able to start using S3 content sooner rather than later. The current plan is to also include another car in the initial content of the S3 license.

http://www.lfs.net/?page=rockingham
Quote from Dalek0220 : Soon, it'll be £12 for about 10 more cars and 5 more tracks -- now does that seem like a ripoff?

'Soon' is probably quite optimistic

Besides you shouldn't buy S3 on a promise that there will be more cars/tracks in the future, because it isn't a promise.
Quote from Dalek0220 :
Soon, it'll be £12 for about 10 more cars and 5 more tracks -- now does that seem like a ripoff?

Optimistically- you might see 1 track and one new car per year. No guarantees though... laser scanning may be a one off and Scavier may simply decide to throw in the towel at some point. There's no knowing for sure.

But don't count on things happening that were never promised or alluded to in the first place. That's just setting yourself (and other people) up for disappointment.
You know what I meant by soon, and by that I meant never, knowing this game :P
I hope some people can read that in the quote, Scawen mentions Rockingham and the new car being on the INITIAL content for S3.

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG