The online racing simulator
Yes, ROK would be weird...
Quote from JasonJ :I still don't get it how the pit's exit line intersects directly with that chicane's exit line. Also the pit wall means the pit exit's vision is blinded to.

Looks like a recipe for disaster.

Well that layout is normally used for club racing, where obviously there are very few, if any pit stops, infact I don't think its used very much at all.
Quote from manneF1 :The short name would be RO1?

All the other LFS tracks have their short name as the first 2 letters of their long name [BLackwood, SOuth City, FErn Bay, ASton, KYoto, WEsthill], so it would be safe to assume ROckingham

How about NUrburgring, SIlverstone, MOnza and BAthurst aswell?
Quote from 510N3D :Of course, there are other products available but seriously, with the way of development, the number of developers and the day of its release in mind, how can anyone possibly dare to not only compare this product to anything else but also question its course or predict its destination.

I'm not saying that there's nothing to be disappointed about, but considering the framework conditions, there is more than enough to discover and it is still a game after all, and especially not something to fill a gap with, 24/7 or so.

Considering framework conditions - it isnt that bad. F1 Williams team has been recreating AbuZabi track using laser scanning for their training simulator. The team of 4 or 5 made it in 5 weeks what they said was very very short - usually it takes 2 months. Including DX9 light effects. Considering Eric was creating Rockingham by himself it is quiite fast - sure it took him less than 5 months.
Quote from J@tko :How about NUrburgring, SIlverstone, MOnza and BAthurst aswell?

FUji, please!
He's German, cut him some slack.
It'd be ROX for the rally cross bit I guess. People can't really ignore the fact that they do dirt racing there can they? That'd be dreadful, terminal even.
Phew... that took some effort...

I'm not quite sure why I just spent the best part of a day trawling through these heavy posts...

However, I am glad I did, it's VERY good to see that the devs read posts so late into a thread, even when they appear to be quite negative.

I seriously doubt Scawen will be reading this anymore, however I want to say it looks seriously good and I'm excited.

I would like to hear Tristan's (and anyone else who's been on the track) opinion when it goes live as how real it feels (I've had the joy of driving around Thruxton, and as much as I would love to see it put in the game, I am more excited about the content we're getting, Thruxton is very quick, but there is only one layout).
Quote from MudPuppy :It'd be ROX for the rally cross bit I guess. People can't really ignore the fact that they do dirt racing there can they? That'd be dreadful, terminal even.

The Rallycross tracks will not be included
I don't know about that stage, but on the page says this (under rally stage tab):
Quote :

Length: 0.62 - 1.23 miles
Width: 7/18 metres
Surface: Gravel
Turns: Approx. 15

Quote from J@tko ::static: My local track :static:

And another car? Epic win - <3 LFS

Apologies for the epic amount of smilies :hide:

lol not quite as much as logitekg25s sig.
Quote from BlackEye :I don't know about that stage, but on the page says this (under rally stage tab):

Ohhh... indeed... gravel ^^... well, that still doesn't change the fact that we won't get it .
It seems like the Lake configuration will be the shortest tarmac track in LFS, it will be quite challenging
Quote from Byku :Ohhh... indeed... gravel ^^... well, that still doesn't change the fact that we won't get it .

It's outside the oval, which means for LFS to model it would require a hell of a lot more memory. Rockingham is nice because it is all self enclosed, you don't need to model/Render anything other than what you have too.

The rally stage would have to be a seperate entity in it's own right for LFS to utilise it.
I'm loving that little cock of the rear wheels, shows how rigid they are. Mini racing. Great to watch. The leading blue car was a bit of a numpty, completly out raced at the end there. Good driving from the incar pilot.
Quote from The Very End :Kind of topic, but to make it clear :

I meant a shitty physics game can beat a game with great physics. It depends entierly on the game and how well it's made, just to clear that confusion

Right.

Good example: Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box beats same publishers' (EA) NFS Shift. Even though it has uberarcade physics.

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG