The online racing simulator
Quote from The Very End :This is not a good arguement, I don't want people to back up my statement, and I did not want to cause a big drama at all. Why people get so worked up? I stated my opinion and accept that you have your opinion, and I am not trying to give anyone victim / attacker role here, I just trying to discuss around the matter of people constantly crying out loud that LFS need real that and real that..

But if you read my posts I tells many times I have nothing against the new real stuff that is added or will be added, I just tries to say that it would be entertaining to have tracks not shown in any other games.

I don't give a rat's ass for TH or the other, they are good lads but they have their own opinions. I don't ask them to post, and if you think that I can only argue because someone will back me up.. I feel sorry for you. Again, I am not trying to say you are bad or anything, I am trying to discus.

Its not your fault, I know you don't need them to back you up. These people just see an argument, take a side and fire away, they dont give a damn what its all about and who said what, so long as they can get their cheap thrills.
Quote from 5haz :Seriously, read the thread, stop blindly backing up TVE for the sake of it, and most of all, take you own advice.

Seriously, read my post(s) and stop blindly thinking that it has anything to do with TVE.

Quote from 5haz :If theres one thing I've learnt from this thread, don't disagree with TVE, lest his supporters blindly trip over eachother to attack you in a desperate bid to raise their popularity/self respect/ego/ whatever. It isn't necessarily TVE's fault that he has built up the support of such desperate people, their heads emptied of their own personal opinions.

I didn't even state my own personal opinion on the matter so I have no idea how you know that.

I just saw you insulting people left and right during the oh so great "discussion" you had there. And that is just sad. But if that's what you want, go on.
Quote from 5haz :
We have TVE here banging on about how everything should be unique, but I'm wondering what constitues unique and what dosen't, and why the heck must LFS be unique in the first place, its a racing sim, of course its going to be similar to other raing sims and real life in some ways, if you don't like that fact then perhaps you've come to the wrong place.

Perhaps if you weren't so desperate to attack someone like a rabid Mongol (In a desperate attempt to gain popularity/support no doubt) then you'd realise that.

And guess what smartass. Its HIS opinion. So why on earth do you ****ing bother to inforce him he is wrong and try and change him or whatever? If you are so smart, you would ignore it and leave him talking to himself....

Whats the point in attacking him if HE thinks differently than you do?

For once in your life you should climb off the high chair and stop looking down on people who have different opinions and minds, because you sir and nowhere near perfect.
Kind of topic, but to make it clear :

I meant a shitty physics game can beat a game with great physics. It depends entierly on the game and how well it's made, just to clear that confusion
Quote from DevilDare :And guess what smartass. Its HIS opinion. So why on earth do you ****ing bother to inforce him he is wrong and try and change him or whatever? If you are so smart, you would ignore it and leave him talking to himself....

Whats the point in attacking him if HE thinks differently than you do?

For once in your life you should climb off the high chair and stop looking down on people who have different opinions and minds, because you sir and nowhere near perfect.

It'd be nice if you actually read quotes before you used them, I said, I 'was wondering' some stuff, this dosen't mean I am trying to enforce opinions. Hopefully your brain will register that eventually.

Quote from zeugnimod :I just saw you insulting people left and right during the oh so great "discussion" you had there. And that is just sad. But if that's what you want, go on.

What you mean is you looked at ONE quote, (and clearly didn't bother to look at what I was replying too, if someone just bluntly tells you to shut up you're not exactly going to be nice to them in return), before that I wasn't insulting TVE, get a clue before you accuse please.
Quote from 5haz :It'd be nice if you actually read quotes before you used them, I said, I 'was wondering' some stuff, this dosen't mean I am trying to enforce opinions. Hopefully your brain will register that eventually.

But whats the freaking point?! Tell me! Why do you bother to go into an argument with him if your so awesomely smart and great?!

Just ****ing ignore him then. But nooooo..... You have to get your point across... You have to come in and start fights with everyone you possibly can..... For absolutely no reason whatsoever......

And you dare tell me I am looking for attention.... Idiot....
Quote from 5haz :What you mean is you looked at ONE quote, (and clearly didn't bother to look at what I was replying too, if someone just bluntly tells you to shut up you're not exactly going to be nice to them in return), before that I wasn't insulting TVE, get a clue before you accuse please.

It doesn't matter what you were replying to. This isn't Kindergarden: "He started it."
Quote from DevilDare :For once in your life you should climb off the high chair and stop looking down on people who have different opinions and minds, because you sir and nowhere near perfect.

I don't remember saying I was perfect, what does that make you DevilDare? Seeing as you feel you have the right to come here and lay the law down to me.

I think thats you who needs to do this, you talk of me enforcing my opinions on people, where I have TVE telling me that I wouldn't like a racing sim if it was really realistic, from the very beginning you've just been looking for a reason to attack me, including making stuff up to fit your case.

Quote from DevilDare :But whats the freaking point?! Tell me! Why do you bother to go into an argument with him if your so awesomely smart and great?!

Just ****ing ignore him then. But nooooo..... You have to get your point across... You have to come in and start fights with everyone you possibly can..... For absolutely no reason whatsoever......

And you dare tell me I am looking for attention.... Idiot....

So you're essentially telling me not to share my opinion, while at the same time preaching how everyone should be able to share their opinion and not have their opinion suppressed, whats that sound? Oh its your argument falling flat on its face.

This is a public forum silly! If you're going to throw a manturm every time I disagree with you and tell me to "shut up and go get a beer" then you've come to the wrong place.
I wish I knew what all this was about. Then I'd be able to proclaim 5haz as the 'right' person without looking silly (and I'm sure he's 'right' whatever 'right' and 'wrong' are )
Quote from tristancliffe :I wish I knew what all this was about. Then I'd be able to proclaim 5haz as the 'right' person without looking silly (and I'm sure he's 'right' whatever 'right' and 'wrong' are )

Since when are you concerned about looking silly? I think everyone has seen the jaffa cake videos. :P
Quote from tristancliffe :(and I'm sure he's 'right' whatever 'right' and 'wrong' are )

Well what the heck am I supposed to do, not defend myself?

The problem here is that you're all guilty of all the things you're accusing me of, everyone wants to have their opinion heardc and suppress others, while accusing everyone else of suppressing their opinions, its like a giant Mexican standoff.

Essentially, this forum is full of hypocrites, tripping over their own arguments. At least I make an effort to not contradict myself.
Quote from 5haz :I don't remember saying I was perfect, what does that make you DevilDare, seeing as you feel you have the right to come here and lay the law down to me.

I think thats you who needs to do this, you talk of me enforcing my opinions on people, where I have TVE telling me that I wouldn't like a racing sim if it was really realistic, from the very beginning you've just been looking for a reason to attack me, including making stuff up to fit your case.

Well you would be blatantly stupid if you did... You certainly make it look like you are however....

Yes, TVE was over agressive. But he was protecting his opinion and backing it up with why he thinks that. Something that wasnt enough for you to understand and leave be....

Yes you are entitled to your own opinion. Everyone is. But I am just saying, if you bothered to try and understand me, that if you would of been smarter and just left him be there, this whole thing wouldnt of started.

I dont feel perfect. I am nowhere near that. I can be a real ****, but thats just me. I just came in and said both of you shut up because this is just another pointless argument that you both fail to see and stop. I said TVE has his own mind, and you have yours, and if they didnt agree on post 1 of this argument, what makes you think they will after this massive argument?

But you know what. Trying to explain this to you is like trying to find hair on a balds man head. Impossible.

I am out. Have fun continuing arguing for no point.
Having the idea and course of LFS in the back of my head, the only logical conclusion I can make at this point, regarding real life content though, is that LFS, and it's community after all, can only benefit from it. Not only is this stuff an addition to the content that is already available, (mostly fictional) but more than that, the quality will improve in many ways and the developers themselves, (most likely & hopefully) will learn a lot, "open a few more doors", and improve in many other ways as well.

So I don't get all the moaning really, except for the idea or fear about LFS not being & remaining unique on the market, regarding it's (mostly fictional) content and _exceptional_ way of development. This decision however, is to make by the developers only, and hopefully, LFS won't become a clone of a clone, some day or another.

Speaking about fictional & unique content though, the XRT is a sexy beast and behaves just like it, the FZ5 feels like a tank on steroids (yay), and as a "racer" and SiM-fan for about 15 years (Nascar Racing ), I dare to say that the tracks are awesome, almost flawless and can compete with any real life tracks there are. No need to mention the impressive physics at this point really. Also, the graphics may be considerably old, (although partly updated or fixed along the way) but quite honestly, LFS not only can still compete with many games that are available but also is providing just enough effects & features in order to support the action on track (in my opinion).

Finally, we shall not forget _all_ the details that are making LFS what it is, an outstanding Simulator, no one was able to construct really. Of course, there are other products available but seriously, with the way of development, the number of developers and the day of its release in mind, how can anyone possibly dare to not only compare this product to anything else but also question its course or predict its destination.

I'm not saying that there's nothing to be disappointed about, but considering the framework conditions, there is more than enough to discover and it is still a game after all, and especially not something to fill a gap with, 24/7 or so.

/my two (fanboy(ish)) cents
Quote from DevilDare :Well you would be blatantly stupid if you did... You certainly make it look like you are however....

Yes, TVE was over agressive. But he was protecting his opinion and backing it up with why he thinks that. Something that wasnt enough for you to understand and leave be....

Yet aparrently I'm enforcing my opinions on others when I do the same, ha ha ha. :doh:

Freedom of speech, it works both ways, you can't have it all. If you're going to preach it to me, then you can't cry when I express my opinion.

At no point did I say "Mr TVE, your opinion is bollocks! You shall accept mine as the whole truth and nothing but the truth!", in which case you would have every reason to be pissed off.

Quote from DevilDare :I just came in and said both of you shut up because this is just another pointless argument that you both fail to see and stop.

Someones changed their tune oh so suddenly

Quote from DevilDare :But you know what. Trying to explain this to you is like trying to find hair on a balds man head. Impossible.

Or it could be because you're doing a very bad job of explaining yourself.
-
(Mp3 Astra) DELETED by Mp3 Astra : Leave it Passo!
Quick OT to plastik (agreeing with him):

Those of you who thinks that LFS has to have a graphics update to be better needs to see how popular Mount and Blade is right now.

Of course, it would be nice and will never be a minus for LFS but it's hardly the most important
I'm wondering if we'll be able to build some autocross tracks there
Quote from Flame CZE :I'm wondering if we'll be able to build some autocross tracks there

Ramps used to get into the rallyX part of rockingham will be quite cool.
hi i DO NOT argue

kkbye
I still don't get it how the pit's exit line intersects directly with that chicane's exit line. Also the pit wall means the pit exit's vision is blinded to.

Looks like a recipe for disaster.
The short name would be RO1?
Quote from manneF1 :The short name would be RO1?

Everywhere it has said ROK so far But that would be strange...
RO1, RO2, RO3, RO4 to infinity and beyond

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG