The online racing simulator
Quote from Dj-Aeri :Good news but... this is the typical English track, without any change of height, it looks a bit boring to me :geezer:

Typical English track with no change in height?

Google Cadwell park.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
IMO this is all very twaty behaviour by the devs.. first it's "we'll try and keep you in the loop since ur a loyal community", then it's "we don't have a timetable so you can't blame us for delays", then it's "we've decided to totally exclude you from the loop because of all the HATE we've received for delaying the December 2008 patch".. and now it's "oh new tire physics BUT we still don't know when and yes it totally clashes with what we've said couple of weeks ago but we're just gonna do what we want and not be true to anything we say".. and now yet again, rockingham is in a trackside simulator and there's "news" that it's gonna be in LFS obviously. Great move there, you can prolly anounce the rain/night racing too while ur at it, let's just announce things we plan to release in what, 10 years?

It's inconsistant behaviour resulting in a total loss of any respect from anyone with half a brain in the community. BTW great job on the big-long-awaited INTERIORS patch which was a great big poke in the eye while the FZR still has a wooden dash in a racing car.

Take a bow.
A lot is being postulated regarding bumps and such, and what with the laser scanning being done at a fidelity down to 2cm. However I highly doubt LFS is going to use this level of data fidelity in the final rendition.

Certainly, as things stand, the game allows us to drive directly over the polygons, now this would meen that Rockingham would ultimately feel about as smooth as other tracks in LFS, unless the 3D detail was substantially increased which would increase the system overhead considerably in order to gain any substantial effect from it.

However, I recall 2 or 3 years ago Scawen postulating a system whereby extra surface fidelity could be stored in non-displayed data, and if he was to do this he could, in theory, use the same technique on other LFS tracks too. This would give all the LFS tracks an appropriate feel, making South City even bumpier than it already is.

I suspect that this physics based update, or some system comparable, is likely to be part of that S3 release update when we get Rockingham.

There, I finaly made one of the predictions I said I wasn't going to make - there's a new rumour for you lot to tear apart
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Im just pissed that I have to pay. Simple as.

NFShit is much more expensive and its not even comparable.
You have S2,no one is gonna steal it.

Typical modern society.. want everything for free for other people's hardwork.

For £36 you get one of the best simulators on the market! Where's the problem?
Becky, in LFS you're actually not driving on the polygons, but on a separate collision wireframe. This is apparent on kerbs (some of them are completely flat rendered but the tyre will still move up and down when driving over them) and especially on the grass, where the tyres sometimes even visibly sink into it. Also some places on the drag strip are bugged and you can almost make the whole car disappear under the grass.

I'm sure the laser scan data can be utilized to much higher detail than the display model allows, however I'm not sure if the small bumps are really that important (the LFS FFB swallows a lot of them anyway). It's more about the small ditches and general unevenness on a track that seems to be missing on regular LFS tracks.
Quote from scipy :IMO this is all very twaty behaviour by the devs.. first it's "we'll try and keep you in the loop since ur a loyal community", then it's "we don't have a timetable so you can't blame us for delays", then it's "we've decided to totally exclude you from the loop because of all the HATE we've received for delaying the December 2008 patch".. and now it's "oh new tire physics BUT we still don't know when and yes it totally clashes with what we've said couple of weeks ago but we're just gonna do what we want and not be true to anything we say".. and now yet again, rockingham is in a trackside simulator and there's "news" that it's gonna be in LFS obviously. Great move there, you can prolly anounce the rain/night racing too while ur at it, let's just announce things we plan to release in what, 10 years?

It's inconsistant behaviour resulting in a total loss of any respect from anyone with half a brain in the community. BTW great job on the big-long-awaited INTERIORS patch which was a great big poke in the eye while the FZR still has a wooden dash in a racing car.

Take a bow.

Wow Scipy, I never thought i would agree with anything you ever said this case i do, I must be getting old
Quote from scipy :IMO this is all very twaty behaviour by the devs.. first it's "we'll try and keep you in the loop since ur a loyal community", then it's "we don't have a timetable so you can't blame us for delays", then it's "we've decided to totally exclude you from the loop because of all the HATE we've received for delaying the December 2008 patch".. and now it's "oh new tire physics BUT we still don't know when and yes it totally clashes with what we've said couple of weeks ago but we're just gonna do what we want and not be true to anything we say".. and now yet again, rockingham is in a trackside simulator and there's "news" that it's gonna be in LFS obviously. Great move there, you can prolly anounce the rain/night racing too while ur at it, let's just announce things we plan to release in what, 10 years?

Take a bow.

Take a bow.

Although you are maybe the gayest person i know i agree
all i can say is

HURRY UP !

crying for a new update

geting so old

Take a bow.

Finaly after all woopies wooowa omg yeeeeee in here someone who tells the truth.

Hiring a third-party to laser scan Rockingham wouldn't have been free. You can't expect them to just absorb that cost.

Quote from der butz :Yesterday I've paid 12 british sterling-marks

I love the way we have funny Germans here. What's next? French people who don't smell?

Thanks for the info Scawen.
Quote from Bob Smith :
People complain when the devs are working, but stay quiet about what they're working on. Now people complain when they're busy working, but trying to keep us informed about real big progress.

Development takes time and nothing will speed up the process. So they can either give us news or not. Before you (or anyone else) keeps complaining, please think about the two options on offer and which you'd rather have.

There will always be people to complain, whatever u do, whatever u are. And u know this for a while. This part of ur comment is not necessary.

Am ok with your perspective, it may be fair at some level.
Another perspective is that those announces are more of promotion and marketing, to keep people stick lfs, while things get done.
The 'truth' may be of those two points of view. And all here only see one...

I dont feel like i need being bothered with those announces when the release happens next year.
I would prefer u give all infos with delays, or keep lfs news silent.

Take a bow.

No, S2 is off. Take s3 instead
Quote from fat-oil :There will always be people to complain, whatever u do, whatever u are. And u know this for a while. This part of ur comment is not necessary.

Another perspective is that those announces are more of promotion and marketing, to keep people stick lfs, while things get done.

I dont feel like i need being bothered with those announces when the release happens next year.

Some people have asked for news. If reading them "bothers" you, don't read them. Simple as that.
Quote from nuntius_deorum :Some people have asked for news. If reading them "bothers" you, don't read them. Simple as that.

too short thinking
Quote from fat-oil :There will always be people to complain, whatever u do, whatever u are. And u know this for a while. This part of ur comment is not necessary.

The only people who are just chattering are still here complaining:
"Im sick of waiting bla bla bla..."
"What are the devs doing bla bla bla"
"I paid for the game then i want bla bla bla".

Its time to show off some balls and take responsibility of what you say because no one is going to take you seriously if you keep posting on here.
Little less conversation little more action,he said,you better follow the advice.
Anyone that takes the effort to moan about the development process of LFS needs to take a step back. You haven't invested in LFS, and nor have you been sold something that doesn't fit the description of the product when you bought. What are you complaining about???

If you lot are so pissed go create your own simulator and see how you get on!!!!

Of course everyone feels frustrated from time to time about a lot of simulator development but to come out and say that the devs process is "very twaty behaviour" is just pathetic beyond belief. Can you do better? NO! That's why your are sat complaining on their forum, instead of doing your own sim.

If you truly are fed up with their behavour do the only thing that will have an effect... go away and play something else. Spend you money and time elsewhere.
Quote from IlGuercio :
The only people who are just chattering are still here complaining:
"Im sick of waiting bla bla bla..."
"What are the devs doing bla bla bla"
"I paid for the game then i want bla bla bla".

Its time to show off some balls and take responsibility of what you say because no one is going to take you seriously if you keep posting on here.
Little less conversation little more action,he said,you better follow the advice.

You are right on the end, as i have much work ahead.

I saw the news as I connect yesterday to buy S2 voucher for a friend.
And a member of the community, i felt like taking some time to express my perspective, without insulting or attacking persons. It makes you, upset, ok, I expected such reactions. Now think about what a forum is for.
Have a good day.
Quote from fat-oil :You are right on the end, as i have much work ahead.

I saw the news as I connect yesterday to buy S2 voucher for a friend.
And a member of the community, i felt like taking some time to express my perspective, without insulting or attacking persons. It makes you, upset, ok, I expected such reactions. Now think about what a forum is for.
Have a good day.

I see that a simple news make YOU and others upset so im right to think im not the one with problems.
I just say the truth,you keep complaining but don't do anything.
Your words will not speed up the work,you can either stay here and wait,as all the others do,or leave and show how upset you are.
Im sorry,i can't believe to your words if you keep posting here.
Quote from wien :is that all you can do? That didn't even register on my whinometer, you big baby.

rofl
Quote from Rudy van Buren :Finaly after all woopies wooowa omg yeeeeee in here someone who tells the truth.

Your version of "the truth" is incompatible with reality.

On topic, good job there, can't wait, but since i don't have a choise really...
Great news and all, the only dissapointment is that I have to pay again... Sure it's not a problem for UK and all those rich countries, but goddamn, this is starting to get expensive. Make the S price 8 or 10 pounds, or lower the price for pre-orders.

I also agree with scipy.
The news about the new track and new car are good news. But:

I´m not this enthusiastic as I should be. The last update with noteworthy new things was Patch Y (new car), which was released alomost two years (!) ago. After that only minor updates were published. The announcement of the scirocco is already one year ago.

Don´t let me be misunderstood: I realy love LFS, it is the best sim ever, I play it since many years, and I will buy a S3-license A.S.A.P

But my concern is that it will take another year or two until the new content will be released. I appreciate the new track, the new car and whatever the new pacth will bring, but only after release.

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG