The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Kev.. it was released last week.

www.lfs.net

You are a bad person.

Mods: He PM'd me and said my mum was gay and Tristan shagged my mum and my mum's already got the Scirocco. I think you should ban him again.
Quote from tinky winky :Which i just happen to be in...

I kid...

Um </joke mode engaged . . . with a name such as twinky winky, would that gang war be over tu tuis with your sisters ballet club joke mode off/>

Sorry mate couldn't resist
Quote from ShannonN :Um </joke mode engaged . . . with a name such as twinky winky, would that gang war be over tu tuis with your sisters ballet club joke mode off/>

Sorry mate couldn't resist

Yes of course that's worth having a war over isn't it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hey Scawen, I know you don't usually answer stuff like this but: Any vague idea about how far off you are with this stuff? Is it a "needs a bit of a tidy" or a "needs a currently-unknowable amount of more tweaking" or a "we're waiting til other important stuff is ready to go too, because the new environment will work better then" type of scenario?

I tried asking before to no avail, hopefully Scawen just missed the post rather than not want to answer it.

Nice to see you posting again Kev, hopefully I can actually enjoy reading threads again.
Quote from brandons48 :VICTORY!

Scawen for president.

No, Eric.

No! Victor!

No! - You see where that would go..

Well, I'll have to agree - it does look incredibly realistic. Any hints as to what the new car will be? Super car pl0x! ;P

That may be a new thread to start

Here is a hint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akaanteVCs4
It looks very similar to the kyoto track indeed.
But as you say, it seems bumpy enough to be enjoyable
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :We don't know the price of S3 yet, so there's no point in putting [probably the wrong amount of] money in your account just yet, unless you plan on using the other benefits like high-res skin downloads and such.

I think it's a fair guess that it'll be another 12 GBP, as Scawen has alluded to it in this picture http://www.lfs.net/page_images/screenshots/ROK_VWS7.jpg. It's not just a coincidence that all the garage numbers are 36...
Hopefully with the additional money from S3, more developers can be hired so updates don't come every 2 years.
Quote from Mango Juice :Hopefully with the additional money from S3, more developers can be hired so updates don't come every 2 years.

Never ever gonna happen.
Will S3 include body kits, neon lights and turbo upgrades?
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :Will S3 include body kits, neon lights and turbo upgrades?

None of that will matter if it doesnt include the fuzzy dice on the rear-view mirror.
Quote from Bawbag :Nice to see you posting again Kev, hopefully I can actually enjoy reading threads again.

It's because work's dried up a bit, I'm not intending to take up residence full-time again. If I'm still here in a month you can probably assume I'm eating out of bins by that point.
Quote from th84 :none of that will matter if it doesnt include the fuzzy dice on the rear-view mirror.

genius
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :Will S3 include body kits, neon lights and turbo upgrades?

Yes, and fake nos and every driver will look like Vin Diesel.
Quote from marzman :yes, and fake nos and every driver will look like vin diesel.

+1 !!!!!

Fake modus off:

Please be quiet with idea's like this before you activate the sleeping nub
Quote from tristancliffe :Me? I'd preorder it right now if they allowed S3 licence purchases. Hell, I'd buy an S4 and S5 licence today even with the risk that LFS might stop tomorrow or next week!

But you're still too cheap to play iRacing

Quote from Scawen :
And finally to the point I am making, when Rockingham is released, S2 licensed racers will only be excluded from the Rockingham hosts or those which allow the new car. This will not have a very damaging effect on the S2 action.

I've always though it would be even more beneficial to allow S1 content users to race on any server that allowed any S1 content, even if S2 people could use S2 cars. This would mean obviously a server with an S1 track, but a mix of S1 and S2 cars enabled. Might even tempt S1 users to upgrade if they're racing on the track with an S2 car, but can't drive it due to their license restriction.

Quote from The Very End :Also, the user base is probally more grown up, something that canot be said about the LFS database.

Say what you want about LFS development, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stand by and let you insult the LFS database!

Quote from Shotglass : welcome back kevster good to have some wit back in here

Even if it is dim, I suppose you're right...

Quote :something like what youd get if chitty chitty bang bang and the batmobile had coitus

so... a bangmobile is what you're thinking?

I'd be interested to know if this scanning is the same resolution & implementation that iRacing is using.

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG