The online racing simulator
How come the devs do their first promo in a year & dont tell anyone that they were going to be there?

Was it just coincidence that Mr Batts just happened to be there giving champagne to Matt Jackson on the same day. Whats going on round here eh?

(this is a light hearted conspiracy theory pls dont flame me)
Anyone have an idea how much bigger this new oval is compared to the old one?
On Rockingham's home site it were some info about the size of this, but I have no idea how big the actually oval within LFS is..
Someone has info?

Also, will they use all the layouts? If that's the case, there is a rally stage there aswell. If they use that they open for a lot of opertunites for additional rally content in the future development aswell.
Quote from The Very End :Anyone have an idea how much bigger this new oval is compared to the old one?
On Rockingham's home site it were some info about the size of this, but I have no idea how big the actually oval within LFS is..
Someone has info?

Also, will they use all the layouts? If that's the case, there is a rally stage there aswell. If they use that they open for a lot of opertunites for additional rally content in the future development aswell.

Oval @ Rockingham is 1.47 Miles, with 4 corners, all different. T1,2+3 will probably be flat in FO8/BF1, T4 will require a lift off as its a tad tighter. Lap Record in a Champ Car is 24.719s [214mph].
In comparison, Oval @ Kyoto is 1.852 miles, with 3 corners, all different. All 3 corners are Flat in the slick shod cars, need a tad of a lift off in the TBO/LRF class @ T3. WR for BF1 is 31.40s [212.3mph] So probably about the same, speed wise.

I thought I'd make a useful post for my 7,000th, but don't worry, pointless spam drivel will be resumed shortly

EDIT: And it has been confirmed that LFS will have "all but the Rally Track".
Question (hope it won't get lost in the noise):

Is this the general direction that LFS is to take in the future? I mean that is the current intention (perhaps in the absence of firm plans) that LFS will start to lean towards real life laser scanned tracks where possible? Also, will the trend towards real cars be something the devs are considering? Rockingham came up as an opportunity to take, but does this mean that Eric may still (present or future tense) continue developing fantasy tracks?
Quote from J@tko :Oval @ Rockingham is 1.47 Miles, with 4 corners, all different. T1,2+3 will probably be flat in FO8/BF1, T4 will require a lift off as its a tad tighter. Lap Record in a Champ Car is 24.719s [214mph].
In comparison, Oval @ Kyoto is 1.852 miles, with 3 corners, all different. All 3 corners are Flat in the slick shod cars, need a tad of a lift off in the TBO/LRF class @ T3. WR for BF1 is 31.40s [212.3mph] So probably about the same, speed wise.

I thought I'd make a useful post for my 7,000th, but don't worry, pointless spam drivel will be resumed shortly

EDIT: And it has been confirmed that LFS will have "all but the Rally Track".

Cheers for the reply mate

A little dissapointed the rally track were not included, however, those other configs sure will add some fun
Quote from The Very End :Cheers for the reply mate

A little dissapointed the rally track were not included, however, those other configs sure will add some fun

It'll probably be in the rally pack.
Quote from sgt-KiLL :maybe its because iRacing customers pay thru the nose to use that sim

and that's the reason why some LFS ers have the right to moan at having to pay for new content?

the point i was making is that the iracers are a lot more supportive of the LFS devs than a lot of the so called hard core LFSers on here who seem to want the devs to work 24 hours a day, have no private life and live in poverty so they can get all the content they want, now and for no extra cost. if they want rushed new content on the cheap go try some (most ?) of the r factor mods. the LFS devs do a fantastic job at keeping the costs down whilst still improving this sim. it would be far more profitable for them to just release LFS 2 and let everyone pay for everything from scratch but thats not the way they like to treat their customers. did anyone get the cost of GTR deducted when they bought GTR2 ? i don't think so

funny also how there is so much bitchiness about demo users who dont go licenced and ask for more free content, yet some people who are licenced don't want to pay for any extra content themselves.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Question (hope it won't get lost in the noise):

Is this the general direction that LFS is to take in the future? I mean that is the current intention (perhaps in the absence of firm plans) that LFS will start to lean towards real life laser scanned tracks where possible? Also, will the trend towards real cars be something the devs are considering? Rockingham came up as an opportunity to take, but does this mean that Eric may still (present or future tense) continue developing fantasy tracks?

To be honest i don't mind fictional tracks but they have to be designed with bumps and crest and not just be perfectly flat.
I just think they caught the opportunity and decided that THAT track would suit well to LFS.It'll be nice to know if that was just pure luck or if it was somewhat planned.
Im perfectly ok with the fictional side of LFS,racing on non-existent tracks is fun and contributes to make LFS have its own special environment,an original and non replicable one.
Quote from hrtburnout :Yeah, but after all these years I'd like to have both.

I expect it to be more at the time of release. Come on man, it'll be 2010 when they'll release the new content, if not later (knowing Scavier). Ofcourse a new track and two new cars (mystery+Scirocco?) are more than welcome, and ofcourse I appreciate the quality of their work, but five years should have given them enough time to work on more content!

You know the way the devs work though, they don't announce things unless people find out about them anyway, or until they are reasonably certain of when it will be available, for reasons they have mentioned many many times on the forums. So just because they only have 2 new cars and 1 new track announced, does not mean that is all they have. For all we know, a new release next year might also have another track as well, we just don't know...
Quote from tinvek :and that's the reason why some LFS ers have the right to moan at having to pay for new content?

i didnt say that or imply that. lol

iracing is very structured and most nubs cant afford iracing, me included
which leave a lot of noobs out of the game, as it were xD

u just jumping to conclusions like most nubs in this business of "sim" racing in lfs. u are a nub like me, admit it.

Quote from tinvek :
funny also how there is so much bitchiness about demo users who dont go licenced and ask for more free content, yet some people who are licenced don't want to pay for any extra content themselves.

demo users dont have a say in anything, they free fricking users who deserve to be crashed like no tomorrow...

its not just bad shizzle on us nubs side, the devs fricking said loads of shiz that they havent followed thru on, and thats a bit dodgy if you ask me. dont be a nub, you know what i mean, the whole scirocco bullcrap
Quote from ORION :
Quote from Renku :
Want to see your RA GTR in LFS already?
http://static.4players.de/premium/Po...7-vollbild.jpg

yeah
but generally there is still the problem that not all user generated content will be nice to use... its maybe even worse like the skins, where like 90% is not really looking good...

allrighty then, I would buy it!
BTW, can you do LX8
I have an idea! S4 can be an extra with everything you removed/not released.
for example LX8 and that mrt car with wings
You will get more money

I would pay for it (only if it is all in one)
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Is this the general direction that LFS is to take in the future? I mean that is the current intention (perhaps in the absence of firm plans) that LFS will start to lean towards real life laser scanned tracks where possible? Also, will the trend towards real cars be something the devs are considering?

Potentially. I would have thought that both devs and users would prefer real content over fictional.

Quote from Storm_Cloud :Rockingham came up as an opportunity to take, but does this mean that Eric may still (present or future tense) continue developing fantasy tracks?

I suppose this entirely depends on how easy and expensive it is to get real tracks scanned. I can't see the devs making a real track without scanning it, tbh. I could see Eric getting some inspiration for a fictional track of his own creation again, if he did a few real ones in a row. It's got to be more creative to start from scratch, and more of an achivement to see hundreds of people racing around your design.

Quote from Shotglass :that new s3 car better be extremely awesome for the price theyre asking... something like what youd get if chitty chitty bang bang and the batmobile had coitus

Oh, so you do know what it is.
Quote from aroX123 :that mrt car with wings

No.
How can you even think about putting that horrible thing back.
Quote from Stiggie :No.
How you can even think about putting that horrible thing back.

When would you even have less cars?
Quote from sgt-KiLL :i didnt say that or imply that. lol

iracing is very structured and most nubs cant afford iracing, me included
which leave a lot of noobs out of the game, as it were xD

u just jumping to conclusions like most nubs in this business of "sim" racing in lfs. u are a nub like me, admit it.

demo users dont have a say in anything, they free fricking users who deserve to be crashed like no tomorrow...

its not just bad shizzle on us nubs side, the devs fricking said loads of shiz that they havent followed thru on, and thats a bit dodgy if you ask me. dont be a nub, you know what i mean, the whole scirocco bullcrap

Hello mr. Nub. Would you mind pointing to the whole loads of shiz. There was a reason schitrocco was delayed, as was told. Where's the load of crap. I don't see none, except for you.
Great news, looking forward to the physics update most of all.
Quote from lefty :Hello mr. Nub. Would you mind pointing to the whole loads of shiz. There was a reason schitrocco was delayed, as was told. Where's the load of crap. I don't see none, except for you.

well then, you must be blind. but I believe what you meant to say was i didn't do a 360... like an X-Box, then walked away

were u offended by the white mans word?
:munching_To be S2 ? Priceless !
Quote from sgt-KiLL :well then, you must be blind. but I believe what you meant to say was i didn't do a 360... like an X-Box, then walked away

were u offended by the white mans word?

I fail to be offended by words with no meaning.
With all this talk about pre-ordering, Why not just toss in 12 euros into your account and not use it for anything? It would be the same as pre-ordering. All you have to do is wait for S3 to come out and get a voucher. As simple as pie. Ive already done it. I could buy S3 twice.
Attached images
screenie.JPG

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG