The online racing simulator
Quote from Crashgate3 :Quality vs. quantity though, isn't it?

As more and more detail and realism is able to be packed into the cars and tracks (due to better end-user technology, better developer experience and better access to resources like laser-scanning), things will take longer to make, but be a lot better for it.

I'd much rather have 1 car and 1 track, both beautifully realised and meticulously researched and tested than 10 of each thrown together in a week just to make up numbers.

I agree, but S3 with 1 car(well 2) and 1 track is just ... not enough? Im playing LFS since 2006, and I was still hoping that S3 will be full of new cars and tracks ...
Can't wait for the laser scanned (and hopefully bumpy) track. Also more than happy to pay the small amount of money required for this and future S3 content.

The recent news has put a much needed aura of 'fresh' on the development of LFS and will take it out it's perceived wilderness. This is a new era people.

I suspect that Scawen has been toiling hard over the last year or so on many of the core components of LFS (and not just what he's told us about). While this has meant a very long time with no releases, the results will mean the team can roll out new content and improvements not previously possible and in shorter time-frames.

As customers, we'll start reaping the rewards relatively soon.
To the detractors; stay patient and stop whining like little girls. You're honestly embarrassing yourself....
Quote from hrtburnout :I thought you guys had been working on more content behind the scenes, just like with S2 back in 2005. If not, I am disappointed. I will ofcourse get S3, but I was hoping to be surprised with more content.

I think that statement from Scawen just means a new approach to the way they sell LFS. You pay for what LFS is at the time of purchase, and not based on what you expect it to be in the future. That way makes it easier for them to adjust the way they develop LFS without being tied to what people are hoping for the future, regardless of what plans may be revealed by the devs, or any kind of "rumour" created in this forum. Releasing new content is always a good thing, be it to keep the userbase that they already have, or to bring new people to the game, so I don´t see any reason for it not to happen...
what i am worried bout is that we will get just one new car and one new track without anything else improved, for s3... i respect all work from lfs devs they put in that amazing game, but i realy feel that its not on the place, to make a s3 and add just new car and new track... i was expecting much more from it, tbh. i dont realy know if it's worth to give 12 or more pounds for one new car and track...
Quote from Anzeee :what i am worried bout is that we will get just one new car and one new track without anything else improved, for s3... i respect all work from lfs devs they put in that amazing game, but i realy feel that its not on the place, to make a s3 and add just new car and new track... i was expecting much more from it, tbh. i dont realy know if it's worth to give 12 or more pounds for one new car and track...

Just read the last few posts from Scawen
Quote from chunkyracer :I think that statement from Scawen just means a new approach to the way they sell LFS. You pay for what LFS is at the time of purchase, and not based on what you expect it to be in the future. That way makes it easier for them to adjust the way they develop LFS without being tied to what people are hoping for the future, regardless of what plans may be revealed by the devs, or any kind of "rumour" created in this forum. Releasing new content is always a good thing, be it to keep the userbase that they already have, or to bring new people to the game, so I don´t see any reason for it not to happen...

That's is my point.
Let's just say it's like paying for "just" 2 cars and a track(with different circuits) and just being happy with that.Whatever will come next would just be a plus,a bonus.I still think that 12£ is a ridicolous amount for the stuff i wrote about.
If we see it this way it'll make more sense.
#657 - e.M
you guys crying about s3 not having enough content but a week ago u didnt even know that we will have s3 all we knew that we gonna have scirocco and new tyre physics so stop crying for more content and think about s3 as a new patch
Quote from Flame CZE :Just read the last few posts from Scawen

i did, but i saw only that nothing is guaranteed... content is coming out realy slow but they should at least release more things in s3 and release it later... i will feel like a idiot with giving 12 pounds (or whatever price) for one new car and one new track, which will be oftenly used just first month or so... everywhere i look is only xfg and xrg racing or drifting or 50 cruising servers all by the same story. for that i need just s1 thought, as demo servers are full of crashing head****s.
In that case wait. Don't buy it. If it isn't worth £12 to you with just the initial content wait.

At some point more content will be added (even if Scawen says it might not - I think that's just to avoid people making up that he promised something he didn't). Buy it when you think it's worth £12. After that, additions are a bonus. But a lot of the content that would have been bonuses had you bought early become part of the value for money.

Me? I'd preorder it right now if they allowed S3 licence purchases. Hell, I'd buy an S4 and S5 licence today even with the risk that LFS might stop tomorrow or next week!
Quote from IlGuercio :That's is my point.
Let's just say it's like paying for "just" 2 cars and a track(with different circuits) and just being happy with that.Whatever will come next would just be a plus,a bonus.I still think that 12£ is a ridicolous amount for the stuff i wrote about.
If we see it this way it'll make more sense.

Then don't buy it if it is a ridicolous amount and wait for more content and buy it then.

I think I would buy it. I've watched some onboard cams on youtube and it looks like a great track.
It certainly would be incredibly disappointing if only one track had been developed between 2005 and 2010, but I really can't believe that that could be possible. We just have to hope that Scawen is only telling us about the stuff that he has to tell is about, and we've several surprises coming to us with the initial S3 release .
Quote from marzman :Then don't buy it if it is a ridicolous amount and wait for more content and buy it then.

I think I would buy it. I've watched some onboard cams on youtube and it looks like a great track.

I just said,read me again,that the devs release something but don't promise anything.
Im just analising the fact that you cant complain about the initial purchase.
If you buy it than you got to be happy with what you find there.
No one could assure you that the game will keep improving even if you know it will.
Am i clear now?
Quote from tristancliffe :
Me? I'd preorder it right now if they allowed S3 licence purchases. Hell, I'd buy an S4 and S5 licence today even with the risk that LFS might stop tomorrow or next week!

What he said. I've had so much fun since 2003 with this game (yes, it's not a religion yet) that spending another 12 GBP is not that much money. If you have another opinion, you are free to have one. Just keep in mind that you bought LFS for it's current content and gameplay, not for maybe future promises.
Quote from tristancliffe :

I would do the exact same if I could! I feel I have had a lot more than my £24 worth.
Quote from joshdifabio :It certainly would be incredibly disappointing if only one track had been developed between 2005 and 2010, but I really can't believe that that could be possible. We just have to hope that Scawen is only telling us about the stuff that he has to tell is about, and we've several surprises coming to us with the initial S3 release .

This is a very good point - they only let out Rockingham because it had been seen at the BTCC over the weekend - who's to say they haven't been out giving other tracks the same treatment?
I'll have to regroup my bank accounts to find some cash for G25 now, so £12 is not much more to spend
Most excellent. I love news. Any news. And these news are superb. £12 is nothing and I'm only happy to pay it.

:huepfenic
Quote from Sponge :What Bob is trying to say (i think) is that you can decide to buy a S3 license now and get the extra content as is't being made/released OR you can decide not to get a license now, wait untill all S3 content is done, and then buy a license.
Ofcourse the chance of LFS dieing or stopping is always possible (but very unlikely). Thus risking a chance of not getting any new content at all if you dicide not get it and LFS quiting in the meantime.

What Bob said, dont need any explaining. He said it honestly and in the right way, i understood exactly how he meant it, and if someone takes it the wrong way then let them.

And if u think of it, how much doesnt it cost to laserscan an entire track? I dont think they get so much money left after everything is payed..
Quote from Crashgate3 :who's to say they haven't been out giving other tracks the same treatment?

Yes. Right now they are constructing Fern Bay in Jamaica so they can laser scan it back in.
... any news about which of the configurations will be available? I'd like to see all... and will there be reserved configs? I mean, it is a reallife track so I don't believe there will... anyways does someone know more then me?
One thing that I don't thing anyone mentioned...

That improvement we did some time ago to the LFS system, where there is now only one list of hosts, and less licensed racers can join any host as long as the content of that host falls within their license.

In the past, hosts were strictly set for one license or another, so when we changed from S1 to S2, nearly all hosts switched to S2 and suddenly there was hardly any S1 action to be found. That was unexpected and turned out a bit hard on S1 racers. With the new system, even at this time of day, there are 201 hosts that you can join as an S1 licensed racer and 37 of those are occupied. So an S1 license is quite good these days.

And finally to the point I am making, when Rockingham is released, S2 licensed racers will only be excluded from the Rockingham hosts or those which allow the new car. This will not have a very damaging effect on the S2 action.

As a result, there is not much pressure to upgrade your license. We are just saying, here is something we have done and this is the price if you'd like to use it. It doesn't really harm anyone, it's just something you can pay for if you think it's worth it. Of course, if you don't think it's worth it, and want to wait and see if there is more content added in the future, that is fine.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Quality vs. quantity though, isn't it?

Yeah, but after all these years I'd like to have both.

Quote from chunkyracer :I think that statement from Scawen just means a new approach to the way they sell LFS. You pay for what LFS is at the time of purchase, and not based on what you expect it to be in the future

I expect it to be more at the time of release. Come on man, it'll be 2010 when they'll release the new content, if not later (knowing Scavier). Ofcourse a new track and two new cars (mystery+Scirocco?) are more than welcome, and ofcourse I appreciate the quality of their work, but five years should have given them enough time to work on more content!
Seems like the laser costed alot of money and now you need some
When it comes out, I will buy it as fast as I can
Even if you don't promise anything, we all know you're going to make lots of good stuff for S3 later
I'm soooo curious about the new car... What can it be? Let's hope for an LMP race car
#674 - e.M
who said that they only did one track int 5 years? they just got that opportunity in 2008 so they did something else or nothing with tracks for 3 years
I would like to see some clarification on the price.

A lot of people are assuming it will be another £12, but the only solid info I could find are some old posts by Scawen stating that the S3 price had not been decided, but S2 users get a £24 discount on the full S3 price.

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG