The online racing simulator
Fat-oil, give the man a break. Its not easy being a moderator to such a big community. He trys his best, and he knows best, Thats why he is in that position, and we arnt!
Quote from fat-oil :What does this mean ? Is this some kind of blackmail ?
I dont accept u charge the community for the responsibilty of not supporting the LFS BUSINESS. I am no charity work. I will pay for what I get, not for marketing promises.
I dont really wish this but LFS can die, yes, I ll survive the bad news, as i did for many other. Like us all.

U are creating and maintaining Fear about LFS ceasing activity, and this is a crime to me.
May I wish u some light to guide ur steps.

try to ignore the mods, especially bob smith, hes a twisted individual

perhaps give him a warm welcome at the next karting meet, if he dares to show up hehehe, by warm welcome i mean bend him over and bugger him. he'd like that.
What Bob is trying to say (i think) is that you can decide to buy a S3 license now and get the extra content as is't being made/released OR you can decide not to get a license now, wait untill all S3 content is done, and then buy a license.
Ofcourse the chance of LFS dieing or stopping is always possible (but very unlikely). Thus risking a chance of not getting any new content at all if you dicide not get it and LFS quiting in the meantime.
It's sad to see the state this community is in.

Thanks for the news Scawen
Quote from fat-oil :What does this mean ? Is this some kind of blackmail ?
I dont accept u charge the community for the responsibilty of not supporting the LFS BUSINESS. I am no charity work. I will pay for what I get, not for marketing promises.
I dont really wish this but LFS can die, yes, I ll survive the bad news, as i did for many other. Like us all.

U are creating and maintaining Fear about LFS ceasing activity, and this is a crime to me.
May I wish u some light to guide ur steps.

How is that blackmail? He is just saying you could buy it now and take the risk because it is not final yet or don't buy it.
Quote from Gil07 :It's sad to see the state this community is in.

I hope nobody thinks that the moaners are representative of the community because they certainly are not. Remember the saying, "An empty vessel makes the loudest noise".
Fortunately, for every bad apple (see posts a few up from this one) there are lots of good apples - people that like to see LFS progressing, and will be happy to wait for whatever things the future brings.

I just hope Scavier can see past the bad ones.

My sentiments exactly.
Quote from SamH :I hope nobody thinks that the moaners are representative of the community because they certainly are not.

I hope you're right Sam, but my impression of this community over the last 6 months or so is that it has become full of whining,selfish, ignorant,stupid, childish halfwits.

This thread just goes the extra mile and has them all queuing up one after the other, i can't believe what im reading half the time.

Scawen announces the best news for a long time in the world of LFS (it certainly got me interested in LFS again..i cant wait for improved physics and a new laser scanned track) and all the idiots come out and moan about it. Unbelievable.

Any newcomers to the LFS community must be shaking their head at the complete morons we seem to have here. If i were new i would take one look at the forums and leave straight away.
wow
Going back after few weeks and this was really nice to see such a suprise with new track. It looks really cool and what is finally welcome from my side is that the sideways parts of the track like fences and all simillar staff does not look anymore so big against the car. It makes the car on the track looking more real. LFS looks more real. The track looks promising with nice curves and other parts as well.

The only obvious things which is missing and could improve the omore realistic feel is better in game lightning. This is something I was expecting to come into S3 but it seems it will not get in :-(. Hope there are more suprise for S3 coming and as always devs had so far something more in their pockets which was not mentioned before the new actual content came out.

Hopefully more new tracks even not real will came out in the short future.

I am looking as well for the improved physics. My hope would be for Christmass but as always all things needs time.

Thanks DEV team!!!
Apologies if anyone has asked this allready but roughly when should we expect Rockingham and this mystery car to be released? (And the Scirocco) Also, when it comes, will it only be this new content or will other things be fixed too? Like the GTR balancing, or the FZR's gearbox, or the interiors.....?

Quote from Bawbag :Apologies if anyone has asked this allready but roughly when should we expect Rockingham and this mystery car to be released? (And the Scirocco) Also, when it comes, will it only be this new content or will other things be fixed too? Like the GTR balancing, or the FZR's gearbox, or the interiors.....?

that's part of the balancing.
Quote from The Moose :This thread just goes the extra mile and has them all queuing up one after the other, i can't believe what im reading half the time.

Scawen announces the best news for a long time in the world of LFS (it certainly got me interested in LFS again..i cant wait for improved physics and a new laser scanned track) and all the idiots come out and moan about it. Unbelievable.

+1, that's exactly my meaning ! I couldn't have say it better !

Devs aren't talking much, but what they have to say is always inteesting (Don't put me in the "fanboy section", it's just my point of view )
The ones accusing people of being fan boys are the ones with no real valid arguments, they only demand stuff and look stupid.
Quote from The Moose :I hope you're right Sam, but my impression of this community over the last 6 months or so is that it has become full of whining,selfish, ignorant,stupid, childish halfwits.

This thread just goes the extra mile and has them all queuing up one after the other, i can't believe what im reading half the time.

Any newcomers to the LFS community must be shaking their head at the complete morons we seem to have here. If i were new i would take one look at the forums and leave straight away.

I've never heard such a dreadful outburst against Mormons in all my life! I thought religious freedom was a basic human right, but it seems not......MORONS? Oh, I thought you said Mormons!
In which case,
+100,000,000,000
GOT Cash for it I forgot about my birthday in December so i'll buy it

YES! CAN'T WAIT NOW FOR S3!!! GO GO GO DEVS!

Oh stop talking about this things, and wait for S3... You want S3? GOT IT NOW (in next months)!

But devs release S3 like S2 content, S1!

So why complain? After all is well, devs are working, and give everything together! At some point after they add a new cars, tracks to S3, and we will all be happy. You wanted? Got S3! So do not lament of the iRacing, because (I hope) devs unless they know they will do foolish if they do, such as the LFS, as iRacing ... (make LFS as IRacing)

I think that cost of update from S2 to S3 is 12 pounds? Right?

(sorry for English)
I've read the Rockingam news now.
Wow, great one, i know the amount of money and manhours behind a laserscanned track, but the results are simply great.

LFS deserve real tracks, no matter if i should pay for them. a-la iRacing i mean, with high quality.

I mentioned iRacing only for "DLC", i hate their pay2play time based system.

cheers.

el

+1
I'd be very happy to pay now,i am so happy about their work and i think they deserve our support to go on.
Quote from The Moose :Scawen announces the best news for a long time in the world of LFS and all the idiots come out and moan about it. Unbelievable.

+10000 :thumbsdow

People demanded progress reports; now they got one with A LOT of information that basically leaves no questions unanswered (if you bother to read and understand everything) and people still moan because they don't like what was being said in the progress report. Ridiculous.
Quote from Scawen :One thing we discussed was the possibility of just calling the software "Live for Speed 0.6A" and forget about the Alpha / Beta tag.

I support this idea. But, then again, "0.6A" would imply that the game is not finished, so to speak. It would raise the question: "Why would I want to buy unfinished software?" amongst those who are new to, or not that familiar of, LFS.
Quote from Scawen :Correct, the S3 license will not be sold on the promise of things to come. Although we imagine we will add additional content in future, and hope for an improved balance between the content available for different licenses eventually, there will be absolutely no guarantee of that. New content may come very slowly or not at all - anything could happen. Anyone who upgrades to S3 must do so only if they think it is worth it for the new track and the new car.

I thought you guys had been working on more content behind the scenes, just like with S2 back in 2005. If not, I am disappointed. I will ofcourse get S3, but I was hoping to be surprised with more content.
Quote from IlGuercio :+1
I'd be very happy to pay now,i am so happy about their work and i think they deserve our support to go on.

Me too... I realy want that S3 content now But we must wait. I'm very happy, and i cant wait for Rockingham track to test new car and Scirocco!
Quote from BlakjeKaas :that's part of the balancing.

Thanks for pointing that out sherlock, I thought it was just a mistake you know....
Quote from hrtburnout :I thought you guys had been working on more content behind the scenes, just like with S2 back in 2005. If not, I am disappointed. I will ofcourse get S3, but I was hoping to be surprised with more content.

Quality vs. quantity though, isn't it?

As more and more detail and realism is able to be packed into the cars and tracks (due to better end-user technology, better developer experience and better access to resources like laser-scanning), things will take longer to make, but be a lot better for it.

I'd much rather have 1 car and 1 track, both beautifully realised and meticulously researched and tested than 10 of each thrown together in a week just to make up numbers.
Quote from hrtburnout :I thought you guys had been working on more content behind the scenes, just like with S2 back in 2005. If not, I am disappointed. I will ofcourse get S3, but I was hoping to be surprised with more content.

Same here, Ive expected more than the track and some kind of new car (doesnt mean Im against it)

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG