The online racing simulator
Quote from IlGuercio :That's the most ridicolous statement so far.
THEY make the game and THEY decide the right price for it since its THEIR work.
Looks like you already have S2 license so you accepted the contract and bla bla bla.
You won't get any refund,don't you know that?
I mean,seriously,are you really thinking that all this complaining will change something?That's hopeless...
LFS is something you buy because you want to,no one was threatening you with a gun pointing towards your head when clicking on the paypal payment.
You accept and shut up,that's the rule.
Now its damn late for most of your considerations.
If something doesn't suit your tastes you simply let it rot on a shelf...

I didn't mean I'm a share holder, "ridicolous" boy. We, users, are giving our opinion to them, developers. That's something some companies PAY for, feedback is one of the most important things on business.

And what it's usually paid on stores is around US$30. But that's for games made on huge companies with dozens of developers, published by bigger companies, with box and transport and taxes and comissions and publicity, etc...

And that's why I think £36 is too much. But then again, there will be an army of fanboys making a war against my irrational arguments...
People moan, then people moan about people moaning, perhaps you could say I'm moaning about people moaning about people moaning?
What kind of games do you buy for 30$?! I go to any game store and every game is either $59.99 or for others $69.99... Yeah there's older games and used games that are cheaper, but for the most part, no new A+ game will end up beating what is "S3" for cost. Also when you take into account what LFS has, and how much time you can put into LFS... It becomes a much better value.

It's also dependant upon the product. 36Euros (now 25Euros) for NKP was too much because of a lack of content, but I'm pretty sure that 36GBP for a handful of environments, shittonnes of combos and 20+ cars isn't a bad value. Compare that to even now NKP... 5 environments with only a few combos each (other than Aosta with 15 combos), with 5 cars. That's paultry to LFS and they're in comparative price ranges and niches.

Then there's iRacing, where you can pay 10-20$ per month (+ Tracks + cars), to race on a very select set of your cars and tracks with not much freedom of choice.
Quote from PedraumF :I didn't mean I'm a share holder, "ridicolous" boy. We, users, are giving our opinion to them, developers. That's something some companies PAY for, feedback is one of the most important things on business.

And what it's usually paid on stores is around US$30. But that's for games made on huge companies with dozens of developers, published by bigger companies, with box and transport and taxes and comissions and publicity, etc...

And that's why I think £36 is too much. But then again, there will be an army of fanboys making a war against my irrational arguments...

First of all:you dont have any right to tell the devs what to do.
This is not "i ask,they do" or "i know best".
You are just allowed to buy it and fully accept the contract.
You are already lucky due to the fact that you didn't directly spent money for your license.You can have opinions,you can suggest,that's fine.
But posting thing like "make as i wish" doesn't help you a lot.
The choice is simple,stay or go.
Nothing more,since you already have S2 no one is gonna prevent you from playing it,if you think 12£(maybe,as expected) are too much for your pockets than don't buy the damn S3.No one will stick a piece of paper with "Im a poor boy" on your forehead nor the devs will make it free just because you can't afford it.
Is that so hard to swallow?I don't know,you should know how economics go on,things aren't always a present,sacrifices are required.
I cant believe people are crying about license upgrades. You have to remember, the Devs basically live off this and have their own lifes and families that need looking after.

Do you think they get like 50+ new S2 buyers everyday? To be honest, I would go as far as saying sometimes they dont even get 1.

Now in your thinking, you expect them to keep on working and producing quality stuff for free for the rest of their lifes? Out of what may I ask? Imaginary money? Your whines?

Get a grip people.... £12 is not much. And even the £36 to get to S3 from Demo is reasonable. A new game these days can cost anywhere up to £45....

It is just plain stupid in my opinion that some people even dare to write such comments.....

Also, as stated numerous times before: No one is forcing you to buy this license/upgrade! Dont like it? Dont buy it. Simple as that. Whining wont get you anywhere tho. Get it in your heads people...
Quote from 5haz :People moan, then people moan about people moaning, perhaps you could say I'm moaning about people moaning about people moaning?

In fact im sick of repeating simple concepts to people which show NO signs of understanding.
Santa only comes on December 25th,but this is the wrong place to look for him.
Im off,i can't take it anymore...
Quote from 5haz :People moan, then people moan about people moaning, perhaps you could say I'm moaning about people moaning about people moaning?

Sure

Little story:

Several years ago I was a huge fan of Need for Speed. I got disappointed with what the game was becoming. So I went to the official NFS forum to leave my opinion.

It was EXACTLY what just happened here.

Maybe, although games are not, forums about them are all the same...
I have been looking through this thread. it is 20 pages long and about 15 pages worth is people complaining and others complaining about complaining. I know my post does not help much but hey...

LFS Developers cannot make everyone happy. Take any game and you will have people that buy it and are not happy with it, there is no way to help that.
If you are not happy with LFS, then set it aside and go play something else for a while. You will probably come back fairly soon.

Let me ask you this. Would you rather pay the extra $24 or whatever it is to upgrade or would you rather quit and try your luck on another game? Games are expensive, the last two games I bought I played for 5 minutes before I uninstalled and put them on my shelf. That was $80 down the hole. (That was the last NFS I ever bought and Toca 3 SUCKED)

Sorry if some of us are happy with LFS and we are happy things are getting fixed as well as things getting added in.
I don't see why people are moaning about the new content. Adding the VWS will bring fixed tires, fixed suspension, along with a few other things that are getting FIXED.

Sorry if you see the added content and think that nothing is getting fixed. Just think about it.
+1 @ scipy!

After all this time and when the competition is getting stronger and stronger (even though it may cost more) a nice dream simply dies.

I think they should have done more -given the time they had- and learned-undersanded better what the community wanted.If they could follow the live and kicking community a few years back today things could ve been better.

For me the urge to fire up LFS faded away and i see many ppl doing the same!

Its sad that he devs just ignore everyone here and continue to try-pretend to live in theirs developing world!

This isnt about the money but they wil charge us for what?a track and a car?

They should try more!
I think LFS should be free. In fact the developers should be our slaves!

WTF are some people on?

It's simple ****ing business principle - price at what people will pay or what will gain you most profitability.

Of course LFS has a touch of personal commitment from the developers who essentially want it to be the best simulator they can possibly design and thus they are in fact probably under-pricing the project. Though this does give them the freedom somewhat to not over-commit iRacing style, which I think is their kinda style. They can do other stuff as well which is awesome for them

I have no message to the developers they can do what they ****ing want. They have created an immensely good simulator, and helped expand the simulator market more than any other sim out there.

But I find it beyond comprehension people have the audacity to complain about the price and work rate without showing any commitment on their part to do something similar to rival LFS!
Quote from skstibi :I have been looking through this thread. it is 20 pages long and about 15 pages worth is people complaining and others complaining about complaining. I know my post does not help much but hey...

LFS Developers cannot make everyone happy. Take any game and you will have people that buy it and are not happy with it, there is no way to help that.
If you are not happy with LFS, then set it aside and go play something else for a while. You will probably come back fairly soon.

Let me ask you this. Would you rather pay the extra $24 or whatever it is to upgrade or would you rather quit and try your luck on another game? Games are expensive, the last two games I bought I played for 5 minutes before I uninstalled and put them on my shelf. That was $80 down the hole. (That was the last NFS I ever bought and Toca 3 SUCKED)

Sorry if some of us are happy with LFS and we are happy things are getting fixed as well as things getting added in.
I don't see why people are moaning about the new content. Adding the VWS will bring fixed tires, fixed suspension, along with a few other things that are getting FIXED.

Sorry if you see the added content and think that nothing is getting fixed. Just think about it.

I dont think that someone who set it aside is easilly going to return though.At least that happened to me.

Thats what you (in general) dont understand!
Quote from PedraumF :Sure

Little story:

Several years ago I was a huge fan of Need for Speed. I got disappointed with what the game was becoming. So I went to the official NFS forum to leave my opinion.

It was EXACTLY what just happened here.

Maybe, although games are not, forums about them are all the same...

Well you're asking for it aren't you?

Perhaps these announcement threads should be locked at the OP? They only ever seem to cause upset. And they essentially have alreay served their purpose.
I've heard a little rumour about the new car from a good source. Won't say anything though (unless you pay me)

Oh and guess who I saw today! That's right, LERTS!
Quote from piggy501 :I've heard a little rumour about the new car from a good source. Won't say anything though (unless you pay me)

Your source is wrong
To add a 'yay' vote to the increasingly ridiculous cynical cloud of gloom, I think it's fantastic that LFS is getting a track this detailed - the fact that it's a real one is the icing on the cake. I'd happily pay out another £12 for it.

Years of fun for the price of 5 pints of beer? Yes please.
Quote from DevilDare :I cant believe people are crying about license upgrades. You have to remember, the Devs basically live off this and have their own lifes and families that need looking after.

Do you think they get like 50+ new S2 buyers everyday? To be honest, I would go as far as saying sometimes they dont even get 1.

Now in your thinking, you expect them to keep on working and producing quality stuff for free for the rest of their lifes? Out of what may I ask? Imaginary money? Your whines?

Get a grip people.... £12 is not much. And even the £36 to get to S3 from Demo is reasonable. A new game these days can cost anywhere up to £45....

It is just plain stupid in my opinion that some people even dare to write such comments.....

Also, as stated numerous times before: No one is forcing you to buy this license/upgrade! Dont like it? Dont buy it. Simple as that. Whining wont get you anywhere tho. Get it in your heads people...

+1

I'm happy that finally I will be able to give some more money to these three awesome guys.
Just wanted to say that me likes single seaters

May I add another thing:
From this thread one can only make one conclusion. It is that LFS has been too cheap in the past.
it's funny how people write essay's to explain to other people to stop moaning, just shut it and let them moan! lol, we all have to input our thoughts its a forum... if u guys want to donate ur life , then donate a million dollars to them.. hehe, ill see this patch in 2013
For fear of having my post lost amongst the thousands and thus wasting my time...

To anyone saying that S3 (at whatever cost it will be), is bad value for just 1 car and track, you are not understanding correctly.

When S1 content went on sale in 2003, on top of the demo content, you got:
3 tracks (AU/FE/SO) + 4 cars (FXO/RB4/LX4/LX6)
This has since been expanded to 3 tracks + 7 cars, with the addition of the XRT*, MRT5 and VWS
*(the real addition here was the FBM to demo, meaning all the car additions were real cars...)

When S2 content went on sale in 2005, on top of demo + S1 content, you got:
3 tracks (AS/KY/WE) + 10 cars (UF1/RAC/FZ50/UFR/XFR/FXR/XRR/FZR/FOX/FO8)
Since then, it has been expanded to 3 tracks + 11 cars, with the addition of the BF1
(ooh, another real car, I feel a pattern emerging)

When S3 content goes on sale (in 2010?), on top of demo+S1+S2 content, you'll get:
1 track (RO) + 1 car (not telling)
Now while clearly smaller, it's obviously going to be added to over time, just like S1 and S2 content have been, only much more so. You can either have S3 now, and get the content as it is added, or wait 5 years, LFS can die, and all the content gets released an once - to nobody. Which option do you prefer?

If you consider that XRT only became part of S1 content because the FBM was added to the demo, then all new cars added have been real. Also, the first new track in 4 years is real. This is a good thing. In fact, the only reason I suspect we have so many fictional cars (at least in S2, clearly LFS was just establishing itself with S1), is to create enough content to release for a new stage. So if stage 3 content is released as it is created, then I forsee a future where few or even no new cars in LFS are fictional. Maybe the same could even be said of tracks, although I suspect that depends heavily on the success of Rockingham. How can the future not look bright?

For those who think development is too slow, I could write another lengthy post and how much progress my coworkers and I make, with a much larger team, making racing games. Believe me when I say, all things considered, LFS really isn't all that slow.

And for a quick aside:
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Your source is wrong

Considering he gave no info regarding his information, I find it impossible you can reliably come to that conclusion.
It's easy:

Always assume someone is wrong about rumours unless they provide reliable evidence to back their claims up.
Quote from naskavu :it's funny how people write essay's to explain to other people to stop moaning, just shut it and let them moan! lol, we all have to input our thoughts its a forum... if u guys want to donate ur life , then donate a million dollars to them.. hehe, ill see this patch in 2013

Free of charge,since you like free things:

See you in the forum,looks like you guys cant move an inch from here.
I know,i should quit it...but its such fun to dismantle some people's arguments.
New track new car, nice...

Where is the promised wannabe rain? falling off parts? better graphics or whatever. They promised us alot but none got implented into the game. Why are they promising us those stuff if they arent even busy with it? We got this stupid barrier bug, no fix? Oh wait, just dont hit them. Riiiiiiiight.

I just want a good solid race in this game. We have this weird collision bug which takes like ages to fix it. I believe that, but I dont think that they are busy with it. They only fix those little bugs that are hardly visable or even not.

They released FBM alot quicker than the scirocco. It's been almost a year when it was postponed.

And now a new track?

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG