The online racing simulator
Quote from theirishnoob :
Anyways OT - new track and new car... how many fan boys got heart attacks... or soiled undies....

Yeah. I soiled myself. And since it was such a sacred moment of learning the LFS hype was true, I framed those undies and put them up on my wall. Now I'll forever remember when it was confirmed that some time in the future LFS was getting its first real life laser scanned track eventually.

I also go a tattoo of the Rockingham track map on my inner thigh.

Anyway.

Quote from Jordan2007 :Dont know to be honest, Some of it looked like LFS, But Most of it looked like a complete different game.

Maybe because it was a new track.. But it just seemed strange..

Shame i didnt spend any more time on it.. I Didnt know there would be a massive fuss and it was going to be released.

When you were playing did you notice how bumpy the track was/wasn't? In Tristan Cliffe's dallara videos I noticed it gets noticably bumpy around the apex of turn three. Also at the chicane with the curbs there is a surface change where the track was repaved. On top of that, the pavement at that spot doesn't seem flush. If you could recall playing, could you have noticed anything similar?
Quote from Batterypark :But with the team asking for payments for S3 when S2 is still in alpha state... goodbye. It was a fun four years when they still seemed to care.

where did they say that? i only remember them saying rockingham was going to be a s3 track...
Quote from Batterypark :So, LFS isn't quite dead yet it seems. But with the team asking for payments for S3 when S2 is still in alpha state... goodbye. It was a fun four years when they still seemed to care.

Read this very carefully:

Quote from Scawen :2) Licenses and versions

Some people made various comments on this. It's right what some people said - we are moving gradually away from the software versions being named S1, S2, S3 and so on. The S numbers are license names and really refer to the content you can access (cars, tracks, certain functions). It makes a bit less sense now to call the version of LFS "S1" or "S2" . The software is continually developing. Anyway this frees us from having to "finish" S2 before releasing S3 content. It's not clear what "finishing S2" means any more. The LFS software and content can just keep improving and we can gradually do the features and improvements that we want to over time.

One thing we discussed was the possibility of just calling the software "Live for Speed 0.6A" and forget about the Alpha / Beta tag. It's very stable software so doesn't really need those tags. There are several things that can be improved and added but that is beside the point. I hope that explains a bit more what we are thinking. The version number being less than 1.0 does express that it still has a way to go.

Yes, it makes more sense that way because technically S1 has never been finished (final) either because the physics & graphics are continually changing and S1 keeps getting those benefits.

I can't imagine much more "content" (tracks/cars) being released for S2 as it has had a lot already. So to pay for S3 to get new tracks and cars seems fine to me, S2 will continue to be developed (physics/graphics wise) and people will gain from that benfit without paying anything.
Quote from theirishnoob :you are not an alcoholic, Trust me.

i used to drink Daily and still get up for work ( and concidering the routine is 6 cans of any given drink, then a bottle of spirits, shorts then another can or two )

yeah.

Anyways OT - new track and new car... how many fan boys got heart attacks... or soiled undies thinkin bout it as i fear the fun of " lfs is poo, no new stuff whah cry cry " is over...

yeah...

Finally a person that does not call me an alcoholic

I agree with the people saying it doesn't look / feel like LFS. I have not seen or tested it, so I canot speak on behalf of the actually handling and such, but the look of it just seems.. hehe.. well not LFS. Maybe that is a good thing, but personally I have never had the rush for having a real life track inside the game. I liked the fantasy tracks a lot, and maybe I had expected more than one track beeing made on 5 years.. but maybe that's just me and I will not turn this into whining.

Of course there might be some hidden things, but I would personally shit my pants and dream of LFS if Scawen or any of the developers could confirm "There are more tracks made, waiting to be revealed".
Simple as that, I do not want to know what kind or anything, before it's actually done for release, but just knowing that there are more under development and waiting to be released is something I hope to get confirmed.

Again, not a whining post, I am much happy with the new car, physics and the track that is coming, I just hopes there are a .. little more content track-wise in development as we speak.

Edit : to comment below added.
Quote from The Very End :Finally a person that does not call me an alcoholic

I agree with the people saying it doesn't look / feel like LFS. I have not seen or tested it, so I canot speak on behalf of the actually handling and such, but the look of it just seems.. hehe.. well not LFS. Maybe that is a good thing, but personally I have never had the rush for having a real life track inside the game. I liked the fantasy tracks a lot, and maybe I had expected more than one track beeing made on 5 years.. but maybe that's just me and I will not turn this into whining.

Of course there might be some hidden things, but I would personally shit my pants and dream of LFS if Scawen or any of the developers could confirm "There are more tracks made, waiting to be revealed".
Simple as that, I do not want to know what kind or anything, before it's actually done for release, but just knowing that there are more under development and waiting to be released is something I hope to get confirmed.

Again, not a whining post, I am much happy with the new car, physics and the track that is coming, I just hopes there are a .. little more content track-wise in development as we speak.

ey I've never called you an alcoholic where's my hug I agree with you about hoping there is more content being developed. And I also agree that Rockingham looks a hell of a lot better than other tracks.
Hmm anyone remember a discussion in which a guy in Australia was offering to laser scan the Adelaide track and give the data to the developers, he was also considering doing other tracks as I recall. I can't for the life of me find the thread any more ... [insert more insane conspiracy ramblings here]
And here's one of the replies :

Quote from Chaos :I used to work at the second largest/most known/etc. racetrack in our country Autodrom Most (it was the first to be built, but now is secondary because it does not correspond to the latest safety rules of FIA / FIM). It has some very interesting corners (especially the "old version", a small chicane after the start/finish straight followed by a long lefthander, in most cars taken at full throttle, usual speed there is way over 200 km/h (120 mph)) and the drivers say the whole track has its specific "flow" and its more interresting than the GP track in Brno...

It is now 3 years back, when I went to the owners of the track and asked them what they think about getting their track in LFS. They were exited about it and were all for it. Their only condition was that the track has to be modeled as it stands, with all banners etc. Otherwise no fee, it would be for FREE.
I told this to the devs, even got them a very accurate GPS data of the inside/outside/ideal line of the track, but they said maybe sometime in the future... Years passed, the track has just recently been made for rF and the owners lost their interest in getting the track in LFS.

I call for new track for a very long time now... LFS has become boring for me for the same reasons Becky posted. I drove all the corners too many times already and when I organise a league I just have a strong feeling of deja-vu when selecting the tracks for the next league... I don't know the intentions of the devs, but letting such an opportunity to slip through their hands is a bit sad... I just hope they will awaken soon and realize that
LFS needs some new content (tracks especially) to keep the people interested.

Eric does indeed a great job modeling the tracks, but he still is alone and because I helped the guy who made the Most racetrack in rF I know its very VERY HARD work to make a good track. Opening LFS to free modding is a way to hell, I agree. But I just don't understand why the devs can't let people make tracks, use them offline only and choose only the best into a official patch for online use...

A video the track (Rtractor but at least you can see the track) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

Worth mention that one is the new version of it, the old track had a very fast first chicane where you whent full speed in.
Quote from Batterypark :So, LFS isn't quite dead yet it seems. But with the team asking for payments for S3 when S2 is still in alpha state... goodbye. It was a fun four years when they still seemed to care.

I'll join you with that
Oh noes, 12 bucks for upgrading your lisence :scared:

Seriously. LFS is more stable (if you look away from the barriers) than many of the games out on the marked nowdays. The tag doesn't really mean anything anymore. If you look away from the barrier bug there are really not that many BIG bugs left. I dare you to list up the bugs we know so far, and then we can compare them with other games and you will see it ain't that big at all.

About paying for S3 and the track, of course you have to do that. The costs are unclear, but we can be sure on the fact that laser scanned tracks costs a lot of money, specially when they hire a other company to do the work. 12 bucks for some new car(s) and track(s) ain't a bad price. Compare them with Iracing and you'll see a difference.

And hopefully there will be more than just the one track released in S3, so those 12 bucks extra is a good investment if you ask me.
Quote from Velociround :I don't have time to read the rest of the thread, I'm still on that page (13 out of 18) so I'll just reply to this post, save the page and read the remaining pages later.

4 years ago, all (computer) games used to cost 30 dollars in Brazil. All of them. It didn't matter if it was new or old, produced by small/indie or big companies, all games used to cost 30 dollars (which used to be BRL $100). The only games that cost more were console games (now these would get very random prices! From BRL $100 to BRL $350). Since dollar is getting weaker (or Real is getting stronger, I don't now), computer games may cost more dollars nowadays, BUT because of different and newer exchange rates, they still cost the same price in Real: $100. Practically all newest released games in Brazil cost this same price. Only very few cost more than that (about 5 out of 100 released games, which would be R$125 or R$115), but they are usually special editions (such as black box for NFS), and very few people would purchase these games if they didn't come with any bonuses because they think it's ridiculously expensive. Actually, we can even pay much less for the games if getting them off places that sell them in dollars (such as Steam. I usually save 30 to 40% by purchasing games in dollar when compared to Real, even if they're not off on Steam itself. Now, if they're off, I can get even more discount ).

Anyway. About 4 years ago, LFS S2 would cost almost BRL $100 (GBP $24). Nowadays, again because of different exchange rates, GBP $36 will still cost BRL $103, which is about right.

Well, you asked what games we got for USD $30. Now I suppose you already have the answer: all of them

The conclusion I can take off this is, well, no matter how much it costs in dollars, euros or British pounds, we Brazilians will always pay BRL $100 for it if we get them on most of this country's stores, or we can save money by purchasing them in dollars.

Agree. But you forgot to take in account that, we who bought LFS at that time, paid BRL 100,00 for an S2 license. now we are going to pay like... BRL 36,00 for the upgrade =D I'm in NO WAY complaining, just pointing it out. At this price, LFS is still worth it.
yup.... :/
Quote from Batterypark :So, LFS isn't quite dead yet it seems. But with the team asking for payments for S3 when S2 is still in alpha state... goodbye. It was a fun four years when they still seemed to care

Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I'll join you with that

I do not see how you can say this for the simple reason that no time has been put on it. All that has been said is Rockingham will be S3 content. Yes LFS is S2 alpha but S2 will eventually stop being alpha. So who is to say that S2 wont become full S2 then Rockingham is being released.

Either way, personally speaking, if the devs released Rockingham tomorrow I would pay for it. My view on LFS is that compared to other games it is very cheap in price vs gameplay. Take most of the big titled games they are £30 + and more usually these days more around £45 and for that you get the 'story mode' which is 20 hours maybe plus some online to keep you entertained for a while. So you get maybe 100 hours game play for £45. LFS is £24 and I know personally I have spent many hundreds (if not thousands) of hours playing it. So LFS is very cheap and for the stability of LFS, the physics, the constant (even if slow) updates to improve it etc. even £36 is cheap and I would continue to support the davs for more updates.

Don't take this as me being a fanboy, I just think LFS is very good value for money. However it is only my opinion and if you disagree then that is your opinion but, as stated above, I can't see how you can have your opinion when no time line is available on these releases.
lfs s2 should never have had the alpha tag on it.
Quote from Greboth :I do not see how you can say this for the simple reason that no time has been put on it. All that has been said is Rockingham will be S3 content. Yes LFS is S2 alpha but S2 will eventually stop being alpha. So who is to say that S2 wont become full S2 then Rockingham is being released.

Besides that, LFS S1 is just as much alpha as S2 since it uses the same engine. I think they should just drop the tags S1 final and S2 alpha since it is all about content and not about how final or not the game is. Just name them S1 0.5 Z and S2 0.5 Z. Scawen said he was considering that, maybe it will make things more clear.

The differences what you pay for are content. It's not like they are dropping S2 or S1 they are just adding something new. I can't see how people can do disappointed about that and saying the devs don't care. It just makes no sense.
I came on here today to buy a S2 license but I think I might just wait until S3 is released.

Rockingham is a nice track, I was there this year for the French Car Show and by the way the screenshots look great .
to get s3 you must have s2 anyway
If you buy S2 now and S3 later you will still pay the same as you would if you would buy whole S3 at once. Only exception being that you get to play S2 while you wait for S3.
Quote from Scawen :Correct, the S3 license will not be sold on the promise of things to come. Although we imagine we will add additional content in future, and hope for an improved balance between the content available for different licenses eventually, there will be absolutely no guarantee of that. New content may come very slowly or not at all - anything could happen. Anyone who upgrades to S3 must do so only if they think it is worth it for the new track and the new car.

It's been worth the cash by far so I can't wait for Rockingham as the first track with a more "real feel" tarmac.... so S3 it is

With that in mind Scawen, will it make life easier to redevelop the existing tracks having the rockingham track laser scanned and use that data to redo the tarmac for the existing tracks..?
I belive we get the new update when we pass the line of 999,999,999 km distance driven. So we have some time better start doing bf1@ky1 combo.
yes he does but Steven is poor, so he uses ms paint, anyway we should reach 1 000 000 000 km by 3 months
This is all so fantastic, but I have no patience, ...eh what to do.. Arma II is all I play now, then Stalker - Call of Pripyat, and Borderlands, so that should keep me busy for some of the time.

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG