The online racing simulator
Quote from LFSn00b :no, its because that image is real.

btw: here the real one looks worse (rumblestrips) than ingame

Nope, that image is not real. Its way too clean...

haha, its ingame. Just uses fotorealistic textures
Great news!
I hope that the new car will have AWD.
We have many FWD and RWD now. Only 2 AWDs. LFS needs more AWD cars.
Awesome news! Seriously..

But, if it comes to S3 then how much will be the price to upgrade from S2 to S3? Just the price range between both?
Quote from NigelY :N. Luffenham. You?

Oh awesome

I live in Uppingham, so not too far
Quote from SasekPL :Great news!

U mean the scirocco? If yes then its a FWD.
Quote from hazaky :U mean the scirocco? If yes then its a FWD.

No no. I mean other new car which is coming with S3.
Quote from SasekPL :No no. I mean other new car which is coming with S3.

Yes, my bad. I just saw it after i saw your post.
gotta say pics do look rather tasty

But I hope this wont hold up the release of the new tire model

The front wheel drive crapbox i can live without ...

KY- v1.2 i can live without

Dont delay the new physics plz Mr Dev sir
Quote from DoC_uk :But I hope this wont hold up the release of the new tire model

The info about the track seems to imply to me that the track is not close to release yet. I wouldn't be surprised if the New tyre physics/Scirocco patch would be released without Rockingham.
I think they're going to release scirocco and new tyre physics and then sometime later the s3
Wow, great news, thank you for that .
Quote from SasekPL :Great news!

word up
SCAWEN! DONT THINK IM GAY BUT I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU

@eric: looks like a sweet modle!

EDIT: i bet it got sayed before but THIS link doesnt work
Quote from ACCAkut :Look at these stairs and the mesh around it, we have two textures with Alpha channel overlayed over each other, something that didn't work in LFS up to now. DX9 anyone?

Arbitrary numbers of alpha-blended layers work just fine in LFS now. The engine just doesn't sort transparent triangles/objects back to front before rendering. What you're seeing there is most likely a normal texture with binary transparency which works fine without depth sorting. LFS does that already for the fences around the tracks and most drivers can improve the look of these textures by using multi-sampling, thus achieving the illusion of proper alpha blending.

None of this is connected in any way to the D3D version though. You can do this correctly in any version of D3D. Just takes CPU time to do it and it can be clunky to do in a generic way.

EDIT: Actually I'm talking rubbish. The fences have a multi-bit alpha channel and are presumably properly depth sorted (which is easy since they're always at the bottom unless you've really screwed up a turn . It's likely the Rockingham shots are the same. The trees and other details have a single bit alpha channel though.
Thanks for the report.
Keep up the good work.
Woo, a new track...

... watch when every server has this track.

edit: S3 license? Noooo!!!
I wish I could ride Scirocco in TDI Engine configuration.
ok totaly foreget what was in my last post, i middleclicked the link to open it into a new tap and that doesnt work anyhow (also with all the pictures)

btw...
Quote :One important thing we must mention is that to access Rockingham in LFS, users will need an S3 license.

where buy where

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG