The online racing simulator
OMG this is nuts, this thread started last night around 6. It already has way to many pages. Its a news, but all you lot fill it up with nonsense.

I mean how much will the upgrade cost from S2 to S3 ?
Which car will it be ?

Whats the point of all this ?? I mean its all good news but we are still waiting for the update from last december. Dont want to step on somebody toes but its almost a year now and the scirroco still isnt here. I find it good news but I believe it until I see it. I cant be that thrilled anymore with these news threads.
As long as the new car is not a single seater or a car that handles like a RAC, I'm happy!
WHY S3??? I don't have a cash now to pay for S3..... Maybe free update from S2 to S3 devs? Pls....

But this is great news! But pls do free update from S2 users to S3
Quote from Maniek007 :WHY S3??? I don't have a cash now to pay for S3..... Maybe free update from S2 to S3 devs? Pls....

i think you have a couple of months to collect the money(~12 pounds)
So next patch may be S2 Final..

Nice Job Devs looking sweet i will have to watch the btcc of the track then get a head start of learning the track
Quote from niels1 :OMG this is nuts, this thread started last night around 6. It already has way to many pages. Its a news, but all you lot fill it up with nonsense.

I agree, the forums have been appalling lately, especially the Rockingham related threads. Maybe this forum should be renamed to live4chan, that would be honestly more fitting for what was going on.

Quote from Maniek007 :WHY S3??? I don't have a cash now to pay for S3..... Maybe free update from S2 to S3 devs? Pls....

Go mow a lawn or something, FFS!

Quote from Vinnylegends :Uhhh... Read the topic. It HAS elevations and stuff.

If the rFactor version is to be trusted, the 'elevations' are really only minor crests barely worth talking about. The only hope is that the laser scanning finally produces a track with a realistic amount of bumps compared to the clinically smooth tracks we have in LFS. That said, I hope it's not the FFB implementation that just hides all the detail...
i think this udate will be released in next month, 2 months....

So okay, i try to collect money for that.... (work, sell items and others)
Quote from hansonator69 :Yeh but Melb has everything, including a massive never ending gang war.

Which i just happen to be in...

I kid...
Quote from Dj-Aeri :this is the typical English track, without any change of height

You've obviously never seen Brands Hatch, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park, Knockhill, Anglesey, Donnington and Lydden Hill then.

People are so quick to give a running commentary on a thread, telling us how bad it is, without any on topic content, then they wonder why the thread has filled up so fast. :rolleyes:

I don't think you should expect to see S3 this year, probrably around this time next year.
god 13 pages of nonsense

looking forward to it being released whenever it is
mhhh looks like Kyoto V 2.01 !!!

so i play other Games.

Demouser became VW

S3 User ONE new track !!!! Not Fair for the Drivers who pay for it
Quote from [BiA]Luder :mhhh looks like Kyoto V 2.01 !!!

so i play other Games.

Demouser became VW

S3 User ONE new track !!!! Not Fair for the Drivers who pay for it

So don't then. kthxbai.
I can't wait,great news!
How did the transition from S1 to S2 go?

S1 alpha -> beta -> final -> S2 alpha?
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :IMO i dont think its fair all this waiting and the devs have decided to make us pay...
for a game that still will not be finished completely??
I will still buy it but tbh its a bit of a bummer.
Not trying to say devs are lazy or greedy but I just feel a little bit disapointed.
and yeah there are other games with real tracks that are laser scanned which are cheaper than LFS as is.

Go ahead. Flame me.

BOO...

na, but who wants cheaper games that aren't lfs? LFS is my fav Sim even if people call it a game and what not!

GO S3!!
and new car and track and etc etc...
Not going to flame you really. But usually isn't it the company that purchases licenses to tracks, cars, labels, etc. in their game?

I think for the developers of LFS, it's the other way around. Digging through Scawen's (or Victor's) posts from when the Sciroccio was announced, they were being paid to put that content into the game (though I'm not to sure about the V1 contract).
Geez... just when I was really getting into rFactor and F1 2009 mod...
The fact that they are already going for S3 and that the VWS comes for S1 sounds like a new business model to me:
They are no longer using actual stages following each other, but rather independent licenses that receive continuous updates, whereas the latest stage of course gets the most new things.
This is quite interesting cause it reminds me a bit of the free to play system that is very large and successful here in Germany, where you can play the game for free, but to get the real cool items you must play a small amout of money, like 1€ for a sword.
So maybe they are going to try something similar in LFS, just merged into packages. The first actual stage approach was similar, but now the good thing is that they add new stuff also to old licenses, making them attractive as well.

And for S3 it seems to be a business model of partitioned releases, so more like: you get the first track now, but you already pay for everything. And later there will be more tracks, etc!
Personally, I would directly switch to a new system and sell the track on its own, and continue this with S3 cars and more tracks in the future. Simply because otherwise its a bit of a problem because the user does not know how much he gets when buying the game. When S1 was about to be released, we clearly knew how many tracks and cars it would include, and now with S3 we dont really know anything! Not the best thing for the customer, unless you know the devs and you are sure that they will continue their job and release some nice content in the upcoming years.
Selling content on its own also makes it easier to add user generated content, where the creator would for example get a part of the money. But UGC is really far away, so lets not talk about that yet

I don't think it will come that soon so you can start saving And you will still get updates voor S2 I think, S1 even still gets updates.
Quote from ORION :The fact that they are already going for S3 and that the VWS comes for S1 sounds like a new business model to me:
They are no longer using actual stages following each other, but rather independent licenses that receive continuous updates, whereas the latest stage of course gets the most new things.
This is quite interesting cause it reminds me a bit of the free to play system that is very large and successful here in Germany, where you can play the game for free, but to get the real cool items you must play a small amout of money, like 1€ for a sword.
So maybe they are going to try something similar in LFS, just merged into packages. The first actual stage approach was similar, but now the good thing is that they add new stuff also to old licenses, making them attractive as well.

And for S3 it seems to be a business model of partinioned releases, so more like: you get the first track now, but you already pay for everything. And later there will be more tracks, etc!
Personally, I would directly switch to a new system and sell the track on its own, and continue this with S3 cars and more tracks in the future. Simply because otherwise its a bit of a problem because the user does not know how much he gets when buying the game. When S1 was about to be released, we clearly knew how many tracks and cars it would include, and now with S3 we dont really know anything! Not the best thing for the customer, unless you know the devs and you are sure that they will continue their job and release some nice content in the upcoming years.
Selling content on its own also makes it easier to add user generated content, where the creator would for example get a part of the money. But UGC is really far away, so lets not talk about that yet

I don't know, they kind of have to still develop S1 because it is part of S2 and development took that long that they could not use the "S1 final" physics and textures from 2003 anymore. So the licenses are more for content then for what used to be called "S1 final" and what will be "S2 final". And it's not even that final, because since S1 became final there are two more cars added (Formula BMW and Scirocco). It's kind of like iRacing, you pay for content, but without the monthly fee and much cheaper. We even get a laser scanned track

But I would not mind if there came an S4 / S5 / S6 too
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :IMO i dont think its fair all this waiting and the devs have decided to make us pay...

If you're being made to pay with a gun to your head, you should probably call the police. "Not fair", none of the "we work at our pace" and "no release dates" has changed from day 1. If you felt it was "not fair" why did you even bother back then.

Quote : and yeah there are other games with real tracks that are laser scanned which are cheaper than LFS as is.

Who gives a shit? If you do, please go and play those other games because this sort of utter tripe is not worth anyone's time to read
All over the years we have been getting new content (tracks + cars) for free. It was clear that at some point they would begin to charge for new stuff. And as I don't think they got the laser scanning for free (meaning: they had to pay for it) it seems rather fair to make the next step. As long as the price is reasonable and we don't end up being charged for every fart like in iPaying I'm fine with it.
But for Commercial events can be quickly realizing things.

1. VW Battle @ Leibzig

2. Event Rockingham

I think it is a matter of price.

But it is actually the saddest one gets for the loyalty of a kick. Eh I have to buy S3 alone judging it.

Quote :Account balance :£ 10.99803

Quote from [BiA]Luder :But for Commercial events can be quickly realizing things.

1. VW Battle @ Leibzig

2. Event Rockingham

I think it is a matter of price.

But it is actually the saddest one gets for the loyalty of a kick. Eh I have to buy S3 alone judging it.

Did you use Google translate or something? I can read all the words in your post but I have no idea what you are saying. "the loyalty of a kick"? "buy S3 alone judging it" ?
I think the saddest thing is the wording

"We cannot yet give a release date estimate"

10 months for a patch thats "coming soon" so and elastic estimate of 2015 seems about right

Lets hope that it happens soon so our team members can come back and race LFS again rather than GTR Evo, rFactor and iRacing.

Blimey we have even been flying planes because LFS content is dead

FFS release something ..................
Really looking forward to this!

Rockingham coming to LFS
(1238 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG