The online racing simulator
Glasgow Rangers kicked to 3rd Scottish Division. Despite all the shite with money, IMHO its quite a loss for european club football...
Quote from TexasLTU :Glasgow Rangers kicked to 3rd Scottish Division. Despite all the shite with money, IMHO its quite a loss for european club football...

NO - Galsgow Rangers are dead....there is no more Glasgow Rangers, it is a dead club, as John Clease would say 'they cease to be'. So they have'nt been 'kicked' to the 3rd division, the new club formed is now accepted into the 3rd and even then it should have been an open vote with other applications from other clubs if we were doing it correctly and honestly.

As for European football, apart from 2008 when they rioted in Manchester because a TV didn't work they would often be out of Europe before the Christmas....I'm pretty sure we can find a club who can do exactly that.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :NO - Galsgow Rangers are dead....there is no more Glasgow Rangers, it is a dead club, as John Clease would say 'they cease to be'. So they have'nt been 'kicked' to the 3rd division, the new club formed is now accepted into the 3rd and even then it should have been an open vote with other applications from other clubs if we were doing it correctly and honestly.

As for European football, apart from 2008 when they rioted in Manchester because a TV didn't work they would often be out of Europe before the Christmas....I'm pretty sure we can find a club who can do exactly that.

The only people who keep going on about it being "no longer Rangers, a completely different club blah blah blah" are bitter as ****. Rangers continues to be the most successful club in the world with 54 league titles, a ridiculous amount of Scottish/League cups and a Cup Winners Cup, and in 3 season will be up fighting for the SPL, unlike any other club chucked down into Div 3. I'm also pretty sure you won't find another club that will be able to get to a Europa cup final. If you really do want to believe that Rangers are no longer and an imposter is taking their place, put it this way, in 3 Seasons "The Rangers" or Sevco or whatever you want to calll them will be already a far more successful club than your beloved Ross County. To me and the 50,000 people who turn up at Ibrox every week, it's still Glasgow Rangers, they still play in Royal Blue, at the Ibrox stadium in front of a loyal bunch of fans, and will continue to fill the stadium every second week, which is far more than can be said for most Scottish teams (Ross County average attendance is 2500, pathetic).

I'm perfectly happy with Rangers going down to the 3rd, give us a bit of time to rebuild and come back stronger, debt free. I just can't wait to see how many SPL clubs will go "wait a minute, where are Sky and ESPN going with our money" once they pull the plug, then realise it's not as hard as you think to build up a bit of debt. Not forgetting, the whole situation started with David Murray using a tax loophole which was then closed and punished retrospectively, and Craig Whyte being a complete arsehole. Holding the fans accountable is ****ing idiotic.
Quote from DeKo :Angry and Bitter Rant

Aww you mad bro??

Listen, despite what you may think the simple and clear fact is if Ranger FC still existed then they wouldn't have needed to apply for the SPL, they wouldn't have needed to apply for membership to the SFL and they wouldn't be in this mess that there are now. You can still have the culture of the ex club.....but it will be a new club that starts. My issue with the way it's being reported in the media as if it's a punishment to be placed down there, when in fact it's due process. (although I think you've been gifted that place, Gretna never got that treatment despite going through the same problems i.e. Liquidation)

The Europa cup final not a strong point to bring up reallly is it. Can't quite remember how that went.....oh that's right, Scotland's shame rioted in Manchester and made us look like thugs. Oh i forgot that was Chelsea fans wasn't it As for the pot shot at County....who cares, I support my local team for who they are, for what they do to the community and because of who they represent. I would rather support a club like that than a club raised on a history of sectarianism and bigotry.

How are Rangers going to be debt free? Under the TUPE law, players transferring over from the old Rangers to the New Rangers (see how this simple fact of old club/new club is) they are entitled to the same wage as before. So that's Lee McCulloch on his £15,000+ per week contract then, plus some other who will be on generous contracts as well. Think that's financially viable in the 3rd when the novelty wears off and glory doesn't come quickly. Your not going to get the same sponsorship deals, TV money is gone and heck, do you seriously think that you'll fill out Ibrox every 2nd week at £30 per head. May i point out that when things get tough, fans tend to not to turn up, case in point before Minty murry got involvement average attendance was less than 20,000.

Of course your young players will be able to handle Div 3, although may I add some personal experience of that league. It's not football as you know it. Seen many a young players get loaned out by the Old Firm and fail completely in that league but you'll be ok....
A little bit of a surprise, as Dudelange from Luxembourg made it past Salzburg in 2nd quali round of Champions league.

That look at pissed off Mateschitz going away from the grandstands is just priceless.
Quote from Kid222 :A little bit of a surprise, as Dudelange from Luxembourg made it past Salzburg in 2nd quali round of Champions league.

That look at pissed off Mateschitz going away from the grandstands is just priceless.

Red Bull Football currently not working well it seems RB Leipzig is still stuck in the 4th level of German football now in its third season. But now they expanded in ice hockey with a team in German DEL, the Munich Red Bulls.
So...

There are rumors that van Persie will be staying at Arsenal for the year, now that they've signed Cazorla and Sahin. At the very least, he's been sighted at the team's training camp again.

I suspect that he won't transfer until January and that he might even stay the whole year if they do manage a decent lead by then.
Quote from Rappa Z :So...

There are rumors that van Persie will be staying at Arsenal for the year, now that they've signed Cazorla and Sahin. At the very least, he's been sighted at the team's training camp again.

I suspect that he won't transfer until January and that he might even stay the whole year if they do manage a decent lead by then.

have they?
I look again and it appears they haven't yet, but I pray they do if it keeps van Persie on the team.
This is an unseeded Scottish 3rd Division club taking part in the 1st round of the Scottish League Cup on a Tuesday night. Most teams across the world can only hope for 40k people turning up for their biggest games. This is what I call support.

That's awesome.

Heh, 40k is a dream for Brazilian first division games. In fact, I think it was close to that on the Copa Libertadores finals.
Well, it's never too late for Rangers FC to pull a Montpellier.
We won 4-0 and dominated the game. if they don't go straight back up to the SPL in 3 straight years it will be a massive shock. The team as it is should be perfectly capable of beating any SPL team that they meet in the cup, never mind the 3rd division teams.
You will sail up to div1, but might find it tough like Gretna did.
German referee Fischer just aborted the friendly match between Düsseldorf and Benfica, after he got a bodycheck by Benfica's captain Luisão. The captain was not affirmative to a yellow card against a team mate.
Do you have any video of this? I'd love to see how the hell that happened
Quote from Senninha25 :Do you have any video of this? I'd love to see how the hell that happened

not yet. it happened 10 minutes ago. I switched from the Olympic final over to that friendly match just after it happened. The replay showed that 2 Benfica players already surrounded the ref to argue about the yellow card. Luisão then came from behind and ran and checked into him.

Also it was just announced, for the 30.000 spectators there will now be a match Düsseldorf vs Düsseldorf... lol

Moreover Düsseldorf's officials are saying that they will report this to the UEFA.
Luisao is an animal.

In other news, great start for The Rangers, a 2-2 draw with the might of Peterhead.
Quote from TFalke55 :not yet. it happened 10 minutes ago. I switched from the Olympic final over to that friendly match just after it happened. The replay showed that 2 Benfica players already surrounded the ref to argue about the yellow card. Luisão then came from behind and ran and checked into him.

lol. I've just seen a shot of the ref seemingly KO'd on the pitch, so from what I see, there might be some punishment coming from this (benfica's image is definitely ruined now, it's too late to turn that back).

By the way, being a FC Porto fan, I can't believe I didn't slag benfica off while writing this post. But to be fair to them for once, this had nothing to do with the club, that was definitely Luisão's doing. And when the shit hits the fan, the club is going to end up paying for his mess. Poor sods
Quote from CSF :Luisao is an animal.

In other news, great start for The Rangers, a 2-2 draw with the might of Peterhead.

Peterhead could have actually won it in the end..
-
(Kid222) DELETED by Kid222 : meh
Olympic gold match was a joke, bs call on marcelo and then no pk for foul in box -.- then rafael and juan fighting lol
Lol lusão owned that ref
It takes skill to miss that bad.
Nice rugby kick.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG