The online racing simulator
Meanwhile in Scotland....the Scottish Cup draw looks a bit like this.

PETERHEAD V QUEENS PARK
ST JOHNSTONE V RANGERS
RAITH OR ALLOA ATHLETIC V ABERDEEN
FALKIRK V QOS
AIRDRIE UTD V ELGIN OR SPARTANS
INVERURIE OR VALE OF LEVEN V MOTHERWELL
ROSS COUNTY OR DUMBARTON V HAMILTON
FORFAR OR STRANRAER V FORRES MECHANICS OR DALBEATTIE STAR
INVERNESS CALEY V PARTICK THISTLE
CELTIC V DUNDEE
EAST STIRLINGSHIRE V DUNDEE UTD
STENHOUSEMUIR V EAST FIFE
HIBERNIAN V HEARTS !!
LOCHEE UTD OR AYR UTD V KILMARNOCK !!
DUNFERMLINE V CLYDE
EDINBURGH CITY OR BRECHIN CITY V STMIRREN

I've highlighted my teams draw...if we beat Dumbarton in the replay a week tomorrow we have a home tie against a SPL team, would have liked the rats (Inverness Caley) or a bigger team but thats the draw it's at home which is the bonus.

The tie of the round is the Hearts v Hibs game....Edinburgh derby and should be a cracker.
Leave Caley alone
Quote from Gills4life :Leave Caley alone

tbh Caley have a tough tie at home to Plastic Whistle (Partick Thistle), but with the injury trouble that Thistle hav at the moment then Caley will scrape it through........unfortunately
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :

tbh Caley have a tough tie at home to Plastic Whistle (Partick Thistle), but with the injury trouble that Thistle hav at the moment then Caley will scrape it through........unfortunately

If Caley lose now I shall forever blame you for jinxing the team.
He should have done this.
Damn this cold weather...Overnight frost (-4 last night) has meant that the game has been postponed till a later date (most likely 16th december).

Now I have to make do with Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports 1.
Unlucky

Gills have got Chesterfield today. Their striker is top scorer with 12 goals so far but he recently turned down a new contract so he might not be playing. Fingers crossed.
GET IN! WOOOOOOOO

We beat Stockport in the FA Cup replay so we have got Aston Villa on the 4th of January at our place!!!!

Going to be infront of the TV cameras. On ITV I think. I will be at the game so if anyone fancies watching look out for me.
Quote from Gills4life :GET IN! WOOOOOOOO

We beat Stockport in the FA Cup replay so we have got Aston Villa on the 4th of January at our place!!!!

Going to be infront of the TV cameras. On ITV I think. I will be at the game so if anyone fancies watching look out for me.

No one bothered look for me, and apparently I was on TV also (not that difficult considering the low crowd:schwitz I actually heard the result coming back from Vicky Park, and had a wee chuckle to myself, good money spinner for the next round and the chance to take one of the big teams out.

As for myself, our replay was postponed (frozen pitch) so watched the under 19's at home play Hibs in the Under 19's cup.

I can't remember the final score, but we lost by roughly 8 or 9 goals. Damn that Hibs side was good.
The Romance of the Cup
Since the start of the 3rd round for the Scottish cup, the game between Lochee Utd v Ayr United was called off 5 times in the row, they finally played yesterday at 1:30 in the afternoon. This was the state of the pitch

The game ended 1-1, the scorer for Lochee was a long serving player who wears 2 hearing aids and defies doctors orders everytime he plays. Who says the romance of the game has gone missing.
that really is an amazing pitch thts like sunday league football pitches
I bet the keepers had fun
Quote from dan926 :that really is an amazing pitch thts like sunday league football pitches
I bet the keepers had fun

Lochee Utd are an amateur side playing in the East Of Scotland League and are part time, so it's understandable the state of the pitch. While Ayr Utd are also part time, they play in the 2nd division in the profesional league were the pitchs are in better condition so theres a big leap of difference there.

All in all there was still a good crowd there (1,100) and if Lochee do the unthinkable and beat Ayr Utd in the replay, there onto a £20,000 bonus. No wonder the players were chanting "We're all off to Butlins" at the final whistle.

Counting down the days until we play Villa in the cup 4th of Jan!
We sold out in a few days. Gonna be nice having a full stadium for the first time in years. Going to record it off of ITV aswell so I can watch it on telly after the game.
mackie ive never heard of lochee utd now its understandable y the pitch wasnt so good
Well what an intresting weekend we've had up north, by that I mean the 3 teams in the highlands.

1. It looks like the doggy do-do has hit the fans at Caley, acording to local sources Brewster job is on the lines and he's most likely out of the Caley job by the new year.....shame as had Caley kept Brewster then most likely they would have got relegated.

2. Meanwhile at Dingwall, it looks anything but rosey for Derek Adams, espicialy after this little eposide where he punched one of our player last sat (actually got him twice). Things get complicated since our director of football is the Gerorge Adams, Dereks Dad who has (apparently) fallen out with our Chairman, who has been pestered by our main sponsour who wants on of our players to be dismissed over aledged incident in an Inverness night spot. It's like a really bad eposide of Eastenders......or Take The High Road.

3. While at the Highlands forgoten club (Elgin City) there boss has walked after the 100th loss of the season (might be twisting it slightly, but for Elgin fans it feels like the 100th loss). it turns out that the chairman is going to be taking the team untill a replacment is found. I have fired of my CV complete with screenshot of my champions league gloary I had with Elgin City in Football Manager 2007. I await my contract.

Also I know theres a few Liverpool fans on here, and I want to ask what is the general thoughts on Robbie Keane? can't belive he got the hook yesterday while Liverpool were chasing the game.
Forget football

Try Rugby Its way more fun.
Quote from hannah :Forget football

In your opinion. I find a group of butch men grabbing hold of each other and rolling around ontop of each other on the floor, quite a turn off. Also I used to play it myself and kept on breaking fingers and stuff which got quite tiring after a while.

Edit: Haaaaaaaa my badge is bigger than yours Mackie!
Quote from hannah :Forget football

Used to play Rugby, but lacked height so moved to American Football instead, were i still lack height, but only need to run 5/6 yards and anymore is a bonus...also Rugby doesn't have anything like the drama of County, wish I still worked there.

Quote from Gills4life :In your opinion. I find a group of butch men grabbing hold of each other and rolling around ontop of each other on the floor, quite a turn off. Also I used to play it myself and kept on breaking fingers and stuff which got quite tiring after a while.

Edit: Haaaaaaaa my badge is bigger than yours Mackie!

It's not the size thats important......

.....and I keep telling myself that every night i cry myself to sleep after she told me otherwise.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Used to play Rugby, but lacked height so moved to American Football instead, were i still lack height, but only need to run 5/6 yards and anymore is a bonus...also Rugby doesn't have anything like the drama of County, wish I still worked there.

And the drama continues....our number 1 keeper has apparently quit, maybe he was the source to the sun .
Big game this week for my team Aberdeen we really have to beat Hearts this weekend and make the most of the next lot of fixtures we have all the the other top 6 clubs at home. Good results against them could see us fighting for third and right there for europe next year .

Cant w8 for this weekends game though will be making the trip into Aberdeen with my m8 for his birthday . Just hope Aluko gets a start and scores

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG