The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :@gerrard video There's a difference between 'diving' and just avoiding contact and going down anyway to ensure a foul is given. Do you people not understand football or what? Do you want these players to get injured rather than avoid the contact? Very bizarre.

If you think the last clip on that video was Gerrard bravely jumping out of the way of a vicious tackle, then there's no hope for you.

There's one clip that doesn't belong on that video where he jumps a tackle but stumbles getting his shot away - no contact but a foul. That's because contact and fouling are not one and the same thing. Feeling a touch and collapsing like a sack of spuds is cheating because you can be touched but not fouled.
I thought a few of the clips on that video were him just avoiding the contact but still going down because it was either get hurt or acknowledge you've been fouled without getting hurt. In a way that's fair enough - the club's paying you a lot of money to be fit, it would be irresponsible to let someone put their studs in your leg in return for a free kick.

But I have seen him dive like a knobhead at least twice.
Quote from BlueFlame :@gerrard video There's a difference between 'diving' and just avoiding contact and going down anyway to ensure a foul is given. Do you people not understand football or what? Do you want these players to get injured rather than avoid the contact? Very bizarre.

Also you'd be suprised about the intelligence of the majority of football players. The football player now has to be intelligent, or they won't fit in to the tactics proposed. They have to be free thinking and understand the game generally rather than just kicking a ball about.

And in regards to the biting of other players it's a cultural thing. Not defending it, but I'm saying it seems weird to us here but in south america it's not as weird. Either way every top player has these outbursts it seems to be what makes them so good is the volatile nature of their personality.

Do you have some sort of mental deficit that keeps you from thinking like a normal person? No where in the world is biting an opponent normal. Maybe for Suarez, but you heard it from the horse's mouth.

Quote from Suarez and an article :"œWhere I come from, it is common for people to bite one another in a jovial manner," said Suarez, who is known in his native Uruguay as '˜el lunático que muerde todo'™, or '˜The Nutjob Who'™s Always Biting People'™.
"œWhen people see me sinking my teeth into Ivanovic's arm in a blind, lunatic rage, they naturally jump to conclusions," Suarez continued. "œBut I meant no offence. It was a comical nibble; a wink with my jaws.
"Anyway, he was holding me with his fingers, which everyone knows are the teeth of the hands, so really he started it."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/fea ... uarez#kzKuHUZQeWoKKxxw.99

What about that unknown Liverpool new boy Suarez? He seems like he knows how to kick a ball of air about.

The lad was on fire!

Best player in the Prem.

The third was genius.. that gif does it no justice
Suarez and Van Persie are both just incredible players that have the ability to create opportunity from nothing! Tonight, Suarez' goals were stunning.
That first one, jesus christ.
So good.
Had him in my fantasy, got more than half of points just from him. Epic stuff.
Quote from Kid222 :Had him in my fantasy, got more than half of points just from him. Epic stuff.

So have Liverpool. Needs to stay fit and behave or they'll end up a mid table team like Man Utd.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :So have Liverpool. Needs to stay fit and behave or they'll end up a mid table team like Man Utd.

Yeah... or Tottenham.
Moyes isn't looking great right now. Everton haven't exactly plummeted without him either.
Quote from Kid222 :Yeah... or Tottenham.

spurs are going to be top 4 at end , together with gunners ,blues and citizens
Quote from undertaker00 :spurs are going to be top 4 at end , together with gunners ,blues and citizens

I'd like that, but they would need another Bale or more Soldado penalties for that.
Quote from undertaker00 :spurs are going to be top 4 at end , together with gunners ,blues and citizens

Everton or Southampton could beat them to it unless they find a way to score goals.
ManU still gonna win the league.
idea inspired by David Moyes
Germany, Portugal, USA , Ghana.
Group from hell f our luck
The draw of WC 2014.

Tough luck for England, lots of interesting matches coming in the beginning of the tourney as well, like in A, B or G.

Anyone for bets?

My guess on final order after group stage.

A: BRAZIL, MEXICO, Croatia, Cameroon
B: SPAIN, NETHERLANDS, Australia, Chile
C: JAPAN, COLOMBIA, Cote d'Ivoire, Greece
D(eath group): URUGUAY, ENGLAND, Italy, Costa Rica
E: SWITZERLAND, FRANCE, Honduras, Ecuador
F: ARGENTINA, NIGERIA, Bosna, Iran
G: GERMANY, USA, Portugal, Ghana
H: BELGIUM, KOREA, Russia, Algeria
Attached images
024a83d7270b5954bd151dd5a975a423.png
Opening match of WM with Brasil....

Not bad, not bad
Group B kicks of with the part two of the final from 2010;
NED V ESP

Should be interesting. I really hope the Netherlands can go the distance. They deserve to.
A: BRAZIL, MEXICO, Croatia, Cameroon
B: SPAIN, NETHERLANDS, Australia, Chile
C: COLOMBIA, COTE D'IVOIRE, Japan, Greece
D: URUGUAY, ITALY, England, Costa Rica
E: SWITZERLAND, FRANCE, Honduras, Ecuador
F: ARGENTINA, BOSNIA, Nigeria, Iran
G: GERMANY, PORTUGAL, USA, Ghana
H: BELGIUM, RUSSIA, Korea, Algeria

Brazil - Germany in the final.
btw
fifa is ridiculous, same as platini and his france.

just ridiculous...

F*CK YOU FIFA&UEFA&PLATINI&FRANCE!
USA > Portugal. Not so sure, but we can hope. Of course Mexico gets the **** all easy group...

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG