The online racing simulator
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :But you came up agaisnt a team who are in the process of getting back to where they should be, in other words the Harry factor.

Yup, and i had my suspicions it would happen. Spurs are playing like a completely different team now.

Good old Harry, you have to give the fella some respect...he knows how to man manage.

I'm always disappointed when Liverpool loose, but the most disappointing thing was that we were absolutely rubbish. Spurs deserved to win, no doubt about it.

Still it's only the Carling Cup, a trophy that is completely unimportant , unless you win it that is

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :yet hurts like f***

I'm surprised they feel a thing with all that girly padding on
Get some NFL players on a rugby pitch and they wouldnt know what had hit 'em
Quote from Rdcranno :4 - 2, whats going on? I know its only the Carling cup, but we needed to get one over on spurs. Bolton at the weekend, lets get back to business with the real job.

Arr Bless YA. Harry the hundini Rednap back in again.

Make you laugh, left my parents and it was 0-0. Got home, went in garden for fresh air and my lad shouted it's 3-0 ( He supports Pool, ) and I said, where's Liverpool, they gone home?

I knew when we went to Udinese, ramos took his bags with him, and didn't fly home
Quote from CSF :Bayern still doing shite?

Unfortunately not. Like always, they are playing badly and win their matches with a lot of luck. They are already back in 3rd place in the league, only 1 point behind Hoffenheim.

I seriously don't think that Hoffenheim will fall back that far. They are like a better/more likeable version of Chelsea. They also have someone with a lot of money in the back but they didn't just buy already well-known players. They built a very young and talented team. I wouldn't be able to recognize 90% of their players if I saw them on the street. And their way of playing is very entertaining, too. I think some players have never heard the word "defense".
Quote from zeugnimod : I think some players have never heard the word "defense".

Sounds a bit like Newcastle under Keegan the first time round! They were supremely entertaining games to watch.

I like the "we'll score one more than you" philosophy to football

(Unfortunately for Newcastle, WE ('pool) scored one more than you in a couple of 4-3 crackers )
Quote from The Moose :
I'm surprised they feel a thing with all that girly padding on
Get some NFL players on a rugby pitch and they wouldnt know what had hit 'em

Trust me, having played both Americian Football hurts more. The idea or Rugby is to wrap up the player, in Gridiorn the goal is to kill/maim.

But back on to topic, yeah Harry has a knack of being a good man-manager, but does'nt seem to move any further north than London when taking a team, and also I have to question his descions sometimes....

like going back to Portsmouth to get the key to the city, 2 days after leaving them and wondering why he got booed. :banghead:
Gotta love BBC's quotes of the week section

Some corkers in there

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/7719618.stm

e.g:

"Where are ya?"
Chanted by Rochdale fans at a very foggy S****horpe in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

"Fernando Alonso is now coming on for Liverpool."
Commentator on BRMB radio in Birmingham.

edit: LOL at Scun thorpe
Liverpool should do it today, 2 - 0 my prediction.
Quote from Rdcranno :Liverpool should do it today, 2 - 0 my prediction.

Good call! Have you got tonights lottery numbers pls

Should have been at least 4-1, how many easy goals did we miss? If we can start converting a lot more of the chances we are creating then we would genuinely have a shot at the title.
Carry on missing easy opportunities and we'll have a few more results like the league game against Tottenham and blow it.

I really admire Robbie Keane, he was fantastic for Spurs..but he need to justify his price tag by scoring more goals for us. He's missed an awful lot of sitters this season.
Quote from The Moose :Good call! Have you got tonights lottery numbers pls

Should have been at least 4-1, how many easy goals did we miss? If we can start converting a lot more of the chances we are creating then we would genuinely have a shot at the title.
Carry on missing easy opportunities and we'll have a few more results like the league game against Tottenham and blow it.

I really admire Robbie Keane, he was fantastic for Spurs..but he need to justify his price tag by scoring more goals for us. He's missed an awful lot of sitters this season.

lets hope so boys, any predictions for where the reds will finish this season
Quote from The Moose :Good call! Have you got tonights lottery numbers pls

Could've been so wrong, we had that many sitters. Keane/ Gerrard missed two open nets. Torres and i think Alonso hit the bar.

Still we controlled the field, even if a little stretched in the second half.

Keane hasn't really shown his full potential. He's been used as a lone striker, but he doesn't seem to find the gaps like Torres. He might just need more time to settle, although Benitez's rotation is not working yet, id rather see a 4-4-2 formation, rather than 4-5-1, although that system doesn't work bad with Torres, where Gerrard seems to be able to find space behind him to slip the through ball. Its not working with Kean as yet. Today was a perfect example.

But as we know he was a prolific goal scorer for Spurs, so ill give him time. After Christmas is where we need to perform.

Stats on the game here,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... ool/live_text/5260928.stm

Looking at that, probably Bolton deserved more from this game, their second half effort up to the 2nd goal was spot on. Just failed to execute their chances.
-
(Rdcranno) DELETED by Rdcranno
well i have just been to the everton v middlesboro match, and to be quite honest neither of the teams particularly impressed me, i thought Tim cahill was dirty and was gettin frustrated to easily to make any impact on the game, and nobody could really seem to get hold of the ball and do anything. Despite this the match was a pretty good game for neutrals like me
Just back form the final, lost and have to say I'm gutted. (I have also had a few brewskis so apologies for the randomness of my post)

Highlights

Aidrie Utd 0 - 1 Ross County

Freakish own goal . But County were on top of the game, and should have scored just before.

Airdrie Utd 1 - 1 Ross County

8nd/83rd min and Airdrie score, what I can now say is a good goal (what I shouted as it went in is unrepeatable). Should have been able to deal with it earlier but thats football....Extra Time

Airdrie Utd 2 - 1 Ross County

Or time to score an own goal (again, my comment is unrepeatable) and really should have done better. At this time it looked all down and dusted.

Airdrie Utd 2 - 2 Ross County

Lifeline for Staggies, and we manage to score/fluke a goal. We had pushed hard looking for a chance to bring it level and got it. Penalties (everyones favorite)

Penalties

Lost 3-2 and it's a lottery to be honest. I hate watching them, and to be honest on the last penalty

Overall it was a good day out, plenty of beers downed. Might be able to give a better report but currently it's taken me 20mins just to write this......I feel a hungover force 9 coming on :banghead:
Did anyone see the Arsenal vs Aston Villa match this weekend? I can´t remember Arsenal sucking that bad ever. Arsenal were completely beaten in every element of the game. It was like watching our national team playing.
#39 - CSF
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Just back form the final, lost and have to say I'm gutted. (I have also had a few brewskis so apologies for the randomness of my post)

Highlights

Aidrie Utd 0 - 1 Ross County

Freakish own goal . But County were on top of the game, and should have scored just before.

Airdrie Utd 1 - 1 Ross County

8nd/83rd min and Airdrie score, what I can now say is a good goal (what I shouted as it went in is unrepeatable). Should have been able to deal with it earlier but thats football....Extra Time

Airdrie Utd 2 - 1 Ross County

Or time to score an own goal (again, my comment is unrepeatable) and really should have done better. At this time it looked all down and dusted.

Airdrie Utd 2 - 2 Ross County

Lifeline for Staggies, and we manage to score/fluke a goal. We had pushed hard looking for a chance to bring it level and got it. Penalties (everyones favorite)

Penalties

Lost 3-2 and it's a lottery to be honest. I hate watching them, and to be honest on the last penalty

Overall it was a good day out, plenty of beers downed. Might be able to give a better report but currently it's taken me 20mins just to write this......I feel a hungover force 9 coming on :banghead:

Heh at least you didn't get lost walking to the stadium. Got picked up on the A9 by Joe Malin's Dad and sister.

Overall, County were far the better side, except in one area, up front. Dyron Daal was terrible, shocking, shocking, shocking. Won 3 headers all match. I can't understand why he was left on to be honest...

I also couldn't work out why I thought I heard the Airdrie fans singing "Stand up if you hate Celtic"...

Anyway, a dissapointing end to a great game of football.
Quote from CSF :Heh at least you didn't get lost walking to the stadium. Got picked up on the A9 by Joe Malin's Dad and sister.

Overall, County were far the better side, except in one area, up front. Dyron Daal was terrible, shocking, shocking, shocking. Won 3 headers all match. I can't understand why he was left on to be honest...

I also couldn't work out why I thought I heard the Airdrie fans singing "Stand up if you hate Celtic"...

Anyway, a dissapointing end to a great game of football.

Dall does more off the ball than on the ball, and should be judged accordingly. Higgy was poor and for all his gurning in the local press about wanting to start games he doesn't convince me. If Del boy did the correct thing and make the subs during the80th minute and not the FREAKING105th min then we would have got the result we deserved.

As for getting picked up by Malin = Score

Regarding the Airdrie fans singing "stand up if you hate Celtic" well there basically like a mini Rangers team (for evidence see the flag that were waved and the songs been sung i.e.follow follow)
#41 - CSF
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Dall does more off the ball than on the ball, and should be judged accordingly. Higgy was poor and for all his gurning in the local press about wanting to start games he doesn't convince me. If Del boy did the correct thing and make the subs during the80th minute and not the FREAKING105th min then we would have got the result we deserved.

As for getting picked up by Malin = Score

Regarding the Airdrie fans singing "stand up if you hate Celtic" well there basically like a mini Rangers team (for evidence see the flag that were waved and the songs been sung i.e.follow follow)

Still I thought Daal was poor. I thought when Winters came on the team began to play again. The Airdrie goal was against the run of things and undeserved, even if it was a cracking finish, but hey thats football.

I agree on the subs. County were crying out for some fresh legs in the middle from the 75th minute. The 1-2's were slowing down and not much progress was being made. I thought Hart was really good though.

Airdrie's players were just as irritating. If the ref had his glasses on he would have sent off Lovering for his attempted kick on Daal early on, but no... Lovering was actually a pain, and I felt no sympathy when he got injured. Taking over a minute to take a throw in... Don't get me started on the penalty too...

I saw the flags, (the jack and the NI one...) quite strange. Didn't like that corner of the ground, wasn't surprised all the polis were over there...

Where in the crowd were you exactly?
Old enemies gunning it out this week, Germany vs England, friendly banter welcome
Quote from Rdcranno :Old enemies gunning it out this week, Germany vs England, friendly banter welcome

2 world wars 1 world cup, ignore all the other world cups and european cups, it's the ones we win that count.
My favourite team 1. FC Kaiserslautern just won 6-0 and remain 2nd in the second german league.
How long do yall reckon Gomes will stay at spurs? hes shockingly shite.

Anyway, good luck to Germany tomorrow. I struggle to see how we are going to have any chance of winning, we have hardly any experienced nationals playing. But i always have faith. Either Germany will walk it 2 - 0 OR England will pull out all the stops 3 - 1.
My bet is 3-2.
With half our team missing i don't hold out much hope of a win, or even a draw tbh.

3-1 Germany.
Meanwhile across the border, we will be paying homage to a truely great Scottish Hero. A man who has single handily won over the hearts and minds of many Scots.

Please stand and pay homage to Diego Maradona.

:bounce8:
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :A man who has single handily won over the hearts and minds of many Scots.

Please stand and pay homage to Diego Maradona.

:rolleyes:

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG