The online racing simulator
Welcome to the World Cup.

According to local news, three were air lifted to a hospital (one in a "deep coma") while other received medical care in the field.

Savage subhuman scum, absolute ****ing disgrace. I hope everyone involved in kicking those people into comas live long lives and are never given the opportunity to forget what they've done. Cowards.
CSF are Americans still worse than Scotland?
Quote from Bmxtwins :CSF are Americans still worse than Scotland?

Erm no, and they probably haven't been since 2008.
Does look bizarre when that guy is staring down for ten minutes before showing each paper.
Aging rapidly watching this kind of matches... especially when you miss the first half for a league race... phew
Serie A scrapes a team through. Milan are awful. Some truly dreadful teams in the last 16, and that's not even including Manchester United.
Haters gonna hate.
Realistically its pretty true
As usual, Arsenal gets absolutely ****ed.
Quote from Rappa Z :As usual, Arsenal gets absolutely ****ed.

Group winners against group runners-up. Next time, win it.
And there goes AVB. Surprised Moyes ain't gone yet also
Steve Clarke getting canned was silly though... he was doing a good job..
Not really they did a lot better last season
The recent sackings show a number of issues within football at the moment.

The sacking of AVB has more to do with a conflict between the manager/coach and the Director of Football. Spurs have gone through 8 managers/head coach's in the past 12 years, the same period of time of having a DoF (I think, not been able to double check this as I'm at work and currently compiling this via a word document so it looks as if I'm doing work...god I'm bored.). Now that may not be that significant considering other clubs have gone through a similar amount of managers in a similar period of time, however the key telling point for me was the post match interview with AVB in which when asked if he was happy with his squad, he replied he was happy with our squad. Not I'm happy with my squad or I'm happy with the players I have chosen, but he was happy with our squad. If there are issues between the DoF and manager/head coach it's often the latter that leaves the club, the DoF has the chairmen's ear as it is his role to report on everyday going on's to the board. I'm not saying that's what happened at Spurs, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Steve Clarke's sacking, and in a way Owen Coyle's sacking at Wigan, highlights the next issue and that is fan pressure. It's a simple fact is that the majority, if not all, fans have knee jerk reactions. Some can see what they say at the heat of the moment was either ridiculous, stupid or downright moronic and retract those for a more sensible view, however there are a significant group in all supports which seem to carry on with those thoughts. For example, lets look at the amount of abuse aimed at Wenger at the start of the season, you had Arsenal fans climbing over themselves demanding the sacking of Wenger but these guys have gone very quiet recently. You can bet however that after the recent defeat to City they will have the bouncing, ready for another defeat so they can start again. Liverpool fans also last season had a vocal minority which were having a pop at Rodgers, however they have quietened down recently since Liverpool are doing pretty well at the moment. Football fans a fickle, but the only ones more fickle than fans are football chairmen who react to the loudest voices, sadly this is becoming or the more too common.

I'm seeing the same thing just now with my team Ross County, we had a fantastic season last year finishing in the top 6 at the first time of asking, however this season has been pretty tough. There have been calls from some demanding the manager to go......a manger who took us from the 2nd division to the top and in between got us to the Scottish Cup final beating Celtic on the way, yep sounds about right for the modern day fickle football fan. It's little wonder why the current state of football leaves me cold.
The only sacking I agreed with was Owen Coyle. Dreadful manager, couldn't believe Wigan appointed him...

On County, the times I've been up to see them you this season, it was painfully obvious to me that Adams didn't get the most out of his budget, and the football is the worst I have seen County play since the days of Dick Campbell. I don't think its really surprising that people are fed up, though I do wonder if some County fans actually have a brain between them. Was in main stand for the win v St Mirren, and some turkeys were abusing Lukassen all game and begging for Gary Glen to come on. As soon as he came on, he missed a header "but you can see the difference hes made already." WTF. I think I know the reason those boys didn't like Lukassen, nothing to do with football...
After winning the group and getting Madrid last year, they were kinda due a break. Nice to see Barca with a test, suspect they might fall.
Moyes won't get the sack, no chance. They didn't sack Fergie back in his first couple of unsuccessful years, so there's no chance they will Moyes, especially while Sir Alex still has a say in it.

Owen Coyle though, hated him as a player and hate him as a manager. For god sake he was that bad as a player that he couldn't get Capped for the national team and had to go and play for ROI. How he kept in a managers job for so long escapes me.
Quote from CSF :After winning the group and getting Madrid last year, they were kinda due a break. Nice to see Barca with a test, suspect they might fall.

I think all the games will be good, all look like they are going to be close and I could see either team winning it, still some teams are obvious favorites.

City win own goal of the season for the second year in a row. Congrats to them.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG