The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :Not for 5 years or so but I have studied the production method and design philosophy on them. They're designed like an F1 car essentially, light as possible but as strong as possible. They are built to have very little flex in the sole of the boot. As any energy used in the twisting or bending of the boot when shooting is lost on the ball.

Which does no good when you're getting stamped on. Lots of people blame modern boots for the metatarsal injuries which are frequent, and if you look for advice on which sort of boot to wear for amateur football they will not suggest the ultra-lightweight pro boot, because unlike the pros you'll likely need to get to your 9 to 5 in the morning.
Pro football boots offer almost as little protection to the top of the foot as a thick pair of socks would. Is it smart? Maybe not, but the pros want that extra 0.000001% of foot speed more than they want armour and thick leather. I mean they wear the smallest shin-pads possible too
Need to agree BlueFlame on this one. Modern football shoe does give u good protection while u getting stamped on, although it does always hurt a bit. But one needs to keep in mind that the material of the boots/studs and price category of the boot does has a great affect
Quote from The Moose :Yeah Storm Cloud, because standing on someones foot is just like a knee height, studs up tackle.

You appear to have missed the gif where Barry stamps on Suarez foot if you're going to play that game

Or Gerrard's attempt to elbow his so called friend Gareth Barry.
Baines broke his toe from a no quibble accidental tread on the boot. It's an issue that the clubs need to address as they are the ones losing players because of it.

Maybe they should be wearing these miracle boots that are infinitely strong, flexible and light that Blueflame has been studying so carefully.
Quote from CSF :Or Gerrard's attempt to elbow his so called friend Gareth Barry.

Oh, you mean the raised arm that made no contact whatsoever?

Nice to see the anti-Liverpool bias is as strong as ever
Quote from BlueFlame :If you're wearing football boots they are designed with strength at the laces to improve shot power and decrease the effects of such an incident like this. So I don't understand this comment. If you're wearing socks it's gonna hurt like hell, if you're wearing proper boot with properly tightened laces you're really not going to be in so much pain. A brand new football boot is solid as a rock.

I guess that protects you from nearly breaking an ankle when a guy slams his foot down on yours and twists it sideways as shown on the Distin tackle. Suarez should have been sent off way before that
Both players stayed on the pitch did they not? Can't have been that bad. Remember Suarez actually had blood drawn from his knee from two wholes created by Mirallas' studs and still played a great game.
Quote from The Moose :Oh, you mean the raised arm that made no contact whatsoever?

Nice to see the anti-Liverpool bias is as strong as ever

Not that he intended to make contact and missed, no?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :

You can always tell when Suarez wants to hurt someone... he does the noooo it wasn't me arm thing.

Football players wanting to injure others. Nothing new anyway but because it's Suarez you seem to care. Nobody was really giving it to Roy Keane or even Joey Barton in the same way.
Quote from BlueFlame :Football players wanting to injure others. Nothing new anyway but because it's Suarez you seem to care. Nobody was really giving it to Roy Keane or even Joey Barton in the same way.

I know you live on a different planet, but Keane and Barton were very much vilified for their stunts on the football field.
Quote from BlueFlame :Both players stayed on the pitch did they not? Can't have been that bad. Remember Suarez actually had blood drawn from his knee from two wholes created by Mirallas' studs and still played a great game.

Guess what? You're wrong. Mirallas was subbed and was out for three months.

Ankle ligament damage is a bit worse than a gash and a bruise.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Guess what? You're wrong. Mirallas was subbed and was out for three months.

Well it would have been different if he saw red in the first place.

And No CSF. They're weren't vilified like Suarez is. Barton and Keane were never under constant scrutiny. They did bad shit and 9/10 they got red carded for it.
Quote from CSF :Not that he intended to make contact and missed, no?

Now you're really clutching at straws. Carry on though if it makes you feel better.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well it would have been different if he saw red in the first place.

And No CSF. They're weren't vilified like Suarez is. Barton and Keane were never under constant scrutiny. They did bad shit and 9/10 they got red carded for it.

How many times did they bite a fellow player?
Quote from sinbad :How many times did they bite a fellow player?

Well I don't know. I didn't watch every game of theirs. All I know is that football is an ugly game where players wanna get revenge on others or injure them and that it is nothing new.
Quote from The Moose : Now you're really clutching at straws. Carry on though if it makes you feel better.

Carry on thinking theres anti-Liverpool bias. It's something that runs through Liverpool as an entity.

Quote from BlueFlame :Well it would have been different if he saw red in the first place.

Suarez challenge was last season iirc.

And yes they were, especially Barton in the internet era. Barton's a common thug, unlike Suarez who actually is probably not a common thug, he just does some ridiculous things on the pitch, like biting twice, racial abuse, nasty deliberate tackles etc...
Quote from CSF : unlike Suarez who actually is probably not a common thug, he just does some ridiculous things on the pitch, like biting twice, racial abuse, nasty deliberate tackles etc...

I cant defend his ridiculous behaviour. He's obviously got a screw loose. (what the **** is biting someone all about? )

The "racism" incident was the biggest stitch up I've ever seen. Read the official report and then tell me he was racist. If that had gone to a proper legal trial it would have been laughed out of court.
Quote from The Moose :I cant defend his ridiculous behaviour. He's obviously got a screw loose. (what the **** is biting someone all about? )

The "racism" incident was the biggest stitch up I've ever seen. Read the official report and then tell me he was racist. If that had gone to a proper legal trial it would have been laughed out of court.

Yeah, but I don't think he's actually a thug in the classic sense, ala Barton. Something goes in him on the pitch for some reason, he probably isn't even a bad person off the pitch. It's a shame, he's probably only second to Ronaldo for me in 2013 calendar year, in terms of footballing performance.

Quote from Storm_Cloud :Suarez discussions are so boring. Let's bash Steven Gerrard instead - that never gets old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I

Quote from CSF :Yeah, but I don't think he's actually a thug in the classic sense, ala Barton. Something goes in him on the pitch for some reason, he probably isn't even a bad person off the pitch. It's a shame, he's probably only second to Ronaldo for me in 2013 calendar year, in terms of footballing performance.

Your not wrong I don't think he's a thug at all. Just a little bit mental By all accounts he's apparently a really nice guy off the pitch.

Oi Storm! That's enough of that!

(Gerrard, despite being a footballing hero of mine and a top, top player , is a bit of a dick )
I don't think Suarez is a racist, but you can't have players biting other players can you, it's a bit much!

I think footballers just get a bit carried away too easily, because they're thick, and they sometimes respond with violence, because they're thick. Look at Balotelli - clearly a really nice guy in person, but not above trying to stamp his studs into someone's face if a football match isn't going the way he wants.
@gerrard video There's a difference between 'diving' and just avoiding contact and going down anyway to ensure a foul is given. Do you people not understand football or what? Do you want these players to get injured rather than avoid the contact? Very bizarre.

Also you'd be suprised about the intelligence of the majority of football players. The football player now has to be intelligent, or they won't fit in to the tactics proposed. They have to be free thinking and understand the game generally rather than just kicking a ball about.

And in regards to the biting of other players it's a cultural thing. Not defending it, but I'm saying it seems weird to us here but in south america it's not as weird. Either way every top player has these outbursts it seems to be what makes them so good is the volatile nature of their personality.
Quote from BlueFlame :Also you'd be suprised about the intelligence of the majority of football players. The football player now has to be intelligent, or they won't fit in to the tactics proposed. They have to be free thinking and understand the game generally rather than just kicking a ball about.

What I am surprised about is your intelligence, given that you believe that great intelligence is required to understand the game of football.

Steve Bruce has been a professional manager for years. So has Harry Redknapp and by all accounts he can't even read or write. If you can manage a premiership team and be as thick as Steve Bruce just imagine how thick you can be if all you have to do is take orders from him.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG