The online racing simulator
The 'local club' I grew up with was Leeds United, and while they had some success when I was a schoolkid their fans are the most abhorrent violent arseholes in the world, so I was never going to be a Leeds supporter.

I live in York now and City are a well supported team, currently struggling to remain mid-table in League 2, but their ground is a 5-minute walk from my house so I support them. I lived in Liverpool for a couple of years and their fans are the best football fans I've ever seen so I like to see them do well, and I also like to see Arsenal do well because I like the way they play and the way their club is run.

But I am pretty much neutral as far as top-level European football goes. So long as Chelsea and Man U lose I don't really care who wins. Although I am sick of Tottenham being considered plucky underdogs given how much money they've spent over the last 5 years, I'd like to see them consistently out of qualification for the CL, unless of course they knock out Chelsea or Man U.
Wow west brom got robbed
A friend, who's working in Birmingham currently, told me Aston Villa and a few other clubs are trying to bring back standing blocks/tribunes for Premier League matches. Anyone has info about that? He aslo told me, that there are practically no controls when you enter the stadium? Is that true?
When I was at a VfL Bochum match (second Bundesliga), I had to give my cell phone, my keys and my wallet to the security so they could check I don't have pyrotechnics, bombs etc. with me. So the Villa entry control sounds like heaven.
Depends what kind of ticket you buy. Executive box at Anfield feels like walking into a resturaunt interms of , you just walk in, sit in your seat and watch the game. I think the UEFA/Champions League events you get checked for some things but in general if they're checking for anything it's most likely weapons.
Everton 3-3 Liverpool, what a game!

Oh, I love the Premier League.
Quote from de Souza :Everton 3-3 Liverpool, what a game!

Yeah! Best league in the world.
BVB trashed
Couldn't watch that game but seems like Bayern put a great show together. BVB lost = I'm more than happy
Well... hatred for teams aside, it was a good game, with good chances by both sides. Hardly a one-team match.

Mid-second half onwards Bayern got their balls on the net and Borussia couldn't fight back.
Quote from de Souza :Everton 3-3 Liverpool, what a game!

Great game, though it aged me 20 years and i want to shoot Joe Allen ...and the ref. How Kevin Mirallas didn't get a red for that tackle on Suarez i'll never know. The ref completely bottled it.
Quote from the moose :great game, though it aged me 20 years and i want to shoot joe allen ...and the ref. How kevin mirallas didn't get a red for that tackle on suarez i'll never know. The ref completely bottled it.

+1
Agreed!
Quote from The Moose :How Kevin Mirallas didn't get a red for that tackle on Suarez i'll never know.

It's ok Wes Brown got it on his behalf.
Hilarious to see how useless Barca is without Messi
Quote from The Moose :Great game, though it aged me 20 years and i want to shoot Joe Allen ...and the ref. How Kevin Mirallas didn't get a red for that tackle on Suarez i'll never know. The ref completely bottled it.

If Suarez made the tackle Mirallas did then it would've been red for sure. Not sure what the first gif is even about. It's easy to stand on someones feet by mistake, i do it to my wife all the time and she doesn't jump around holding her foot like a pussy.
Quote from BlueFlame :If Suarez made the tackle Mirallas did then it would've been red for sure. Not sure what the first gif is even about. It's easy to stand on someones feet by mistake, i do it to my wife all the time and she doesn't jump around holding her foot like a pussy.

Never had studs come down on the top of your foot recently then???

Happened a couple days ago while playing, total accident but by Christ it hurt like hell.
second one is even worse damn
Quote from BlueFlame :If Suarez made the tackle Mirallas did then it would've been red for sure. Not sure what the first gif is even about. It's easy to stand on someones feet by mistake, i do it to my wife all the time and she doesn't jump around holding her foot like a pussy.

#

He was out for three months with ligament damage after that. If you think that looks accidental and you do that to your wife all the time then you've got bigger problems than just being wrong about everything on this forum every day.
Yeah Storm Cloud, because standing on someones foot is just like a knee height, studs up tackle.

You appear to have missed the gif where Barry stamps on Suarez foot if you're going to play that game
Quote from The Moose :Yeah Storm Cloud, because standing on someones foot is just like a knee height, studs up tackle.

You appear to have missed the gif where Barry stamps on Suarez foot if you're going to play that game

Well one was out for three months, the other seemed to be close to death on Saturday but somehow survived and finished the game. In fact, the physio was so sure that Suarez was seriously injured he ran on at full steam to shout at the referee to send Mirallas off rather than tend to the player.

The point of my point is that for Liverpool fans to bleat about refereeing decisions is a bit rich. Mirallas should have been a red card, no problem there.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :
The point of my point is that for Liverpool fans to bleat about refereeing decisions is a bit rich. Mirallas should have been a red card, no problem there.

That was all i was saying in my original post on the subject, so i'm glad we agree.

Nothing else in the game was red card worthy. A few more yellows could have been handed out to both teams if the ref had wanted to.

The standing on feet incidents...well no one can say for sure if Suarez or Barry did it deliberately. Anyone who's played footy has stood on another players feet by accident. Slow motion always makes things look worse than in real time. It's not like they are deliberate looking stamps. Either way, the ref was at least consistent in not penalising either player.

I want a bit of fight, hard tackling and niggles in the derby without everyone getting booked. Its all part of what makes it a great game between us. The Mirallas tackle was a disgrace though. I don't think it's 'bleating' to say the ref got that one totally wrong. He let a lot of stuff go though for both teams which was good to see. No one wants a derby to be ruined by an over sensitive ref. There are some incidents that just have to be punished hard though and the ref bottled it bigtime with that one. Overall he had a good game and let the teams get on with it. You wont find me bleating about any other decisions in the match.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Never had studs come down on the top of your foot recently then???

Happened a couple days ago while playing, total accident but by Christ it hurt like hell.

If you're wearing football boots they are designed with strength at the laces to improve shot power and decrease the effects of such an incident like this. So I don't understand this comment. If you're wearing socks it's gonna hurt like hell, if you're wearing proper boot with properly tightened laces you're really not going to be in so much pain. A brand new football boot is solid as a rock.
Quote from BlueFlame :If you're wearing football boots they are designed with strength at the laces to improve shot power and decrease the effects of such an incident like this. So I don't understand this comment. If you're wearing socks it's gonna hurt like hell, if you're wearing proper boot with properly tightened laces you're really not going to be in so much pain. A brand new football boot is solid as a rock.

Ever tried on a pair of modern top-end football boots? They're basically designed to be as light as possible, and are definitely not "solid as a rock".
Quote from sinbad :Ever tried on a pair of modern top-end football boots? They're basically designed to be as light as possible, and are definitely not "solid as a rock".

Not for 5 years or so but I have studied the production method and design philosophy on them. They're designed like an F1 car essentially, light as possible but as strong as possible. They are built to have very little flex in the sole of the boot. As any energy used in the twisting or bending of the boot when shooting is lost on the ball.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG