The online racing simulator
He can **** right off if I am honest. He finally gets in a full injury-free season and decides to leave after it? Screw him. Have fun in Italy or City.

Hopefully Podolski and Giroud can produce. Maybe even Gervinho will wake up. I am not worried really.
Quote from CSF :It's not that big a deal for Arsenal. I don't understand why they'd give such a big contract to an injury prone 29 year old, who's had 18 good consistent months in his entire career. He will go to City and get injured again, absolutely no question.

Or score 30 goals as they retain the title.
I hate how Arsenal fans turn on players that leave the club. It doesn't change the fact that Arsenal would be playing Europa league football this season, at best, without RVP rising to the challenge.

I don't think he's the best striker in the world, and he has been injured a lot, but on recent form, there are very replacements that would improve the side.
I'm not an Arsenal fan.
Quote from CSF :I'm not an Arsenal fan.

That wasn't aimed at you, or anyone in particular, just the general reaction to the news.
Ok good.

You say he can't be replaced, but I'd argue that Wenger has been looking at a different system given his summer signing. A move away from 433 could help Arsenal out defensively too.
I'm not going to turn on RVP, but I really think this is a very foolish move for him - and it would be even more so, if he picked Manchester City. He'd have competition for game time, the team wouldn't be built around him (and as we saw in the Euros, it has a massive effect) and there's no guarantee he won't get injured.

I think this summer will signal a new start for Arsenal - but was that not what 2005 and 2009 were supposed to be? Podolski and Giroud should hopefully produce however. I can see Wenger switching to a 4-1-2-1-2, as it's probably the best formation for making the most of resources.
A bit late on the reply but there you go...

Quote from CSF :Well at least they are correct about Brazil. It's going to be amusing watching the expectations crush them in 2014. It might even be worth sticking a bet on them not getting out of their group.

Not getting out of our group is exactly my expectation.

Not only that, we'll fail hard on stadiums, basic transportation, airports etc. I can't believe anyone around here can be optimistic about the World Cup.
Hulk top scorer at the 2014 world cup, Brazil will do well. In 2 years time (hey, maybe S3 will be out) I'l dig this post out and see if I was right.
Quote from DeKo :Hulk top scorer at the 2014 world cup, Brazil will do well. In 2 years time (hey, maybe S3 will be out) I'l dig this post out and see if I was right.

S3 is more likely than Hulk being top scorer.

Which reminds me, whatever happened to his Chelsea deal?

Quote from de Souza :A bit late on the reply but there you go...

Not getting out of our group is exactly my expectation.

Not only that, we'll fail hard on stadiums, basic transportation, airports etc. I can't believe anyone around here can be optimistic about the World Cup.

Well that's what everyone said about South Africa. I might be going to that World Cup as a friend of mine's Dad has an apartment in Rio apparently, so I hope it isn't too bad haha.

However, this Brazil side simply isn't good enough to win in 2014. Argentina, if they get their defence sorted, (big ask) and more likely, Uruguay are South America's leading lights ahead of 2014.
Can't believe you guys are so down on the wc, cmon its football, in Brazil..
That doesn't mean Brazil will do well. Just now they are no where near a World Cup winning team.
Who cares, the atmosphere will be great, they will pull it off..
If only it was so easy...

Anyway, for those interested, the 2012 Copa Santander Libertadores (the South American "Champions League" ) has just finished.

For the first time, Sport Club Corinthians has claimed the title! The final was played against Boca Juniors, with the first match in Argentina ending 1-1 and the second match in Brazil being 2-0.

Corinthians won the title without losing a single match and only conceding 4 goals throughout the competition.

So, Chelsea guys, that is probably what you'll face later this year in Japan. Can't wait for it!
Quote from DevilDare :He can **** right off if I am honest. He finally gets in a full injury-free season and decides to leave after it? Screw him. Have fun in Italy or City.

Hopefully Podolski and Giroud can produce. Maybe even Gervinho will wake up. I am not worried really.

RVP Can do whatever the hell he wants, why should he tie himself down to a club that are going nowhere just to please YOU. He's a person and people are allowed to do whatever they choose (within reason).

He wants a new challenge at another club just like a lot of other players do all over the world, all the damn time, why can't you be gracious and just wish him well in his future venture?

Butthurt much?

What you're doing essentially is marching to your local supermarket and suggesting one of the shelf-stackers is a moron for wanting bigger and better things and moaning that he eventually changed job.
Quote from CSF :S3 is more likely than Hulk being top scorer.

Hahah, agreed.

Quote from CSF :Well that's what everyone said about South Africa. I might be going to that World Cup as a friend of mine's Dad has an apartment in Rio apparently, so I hope it isn't too bad haha.

However, this Brazil side simply isn't good enough to win in 2014. Argentina, if they get their defence sorted, (big ask) and more likely, Uruguay are South America's leading lights ahead of 2014.

What pisses me off is that (hypothetically) initially they would spend 100 million moneys on a stadium. Now it's already at 900 million. By 2014 it will be at 3 billion, of which around 50% will be payed by us through taxes and the other half is money laundering. Not to mention big, super expensive, new stadiums in places that have a regular attendance of 250 guys. It's sad.

That said, as things are today, for South America I'd spend my cash on Argentina. I love Uruguay, but they have an aging team, I can't see they pulling another 2010 WC (hope I'm wrong!).
Quote from BlueFlame :RVP Can do whatever the hell he wants, why should he tie himself down to a club that are going nowhere just to please YOU. He's a person and people are allowed to do whatever they choose (within reason).

He wants a new challenge at another club just like a lot of other players do all over the world, all the damn time, why can't you be gracious and just wish him well in his future venture?

Butthurt much?

What you're doing essentially is marching to your local supermarket and suggesting one of the shelf-stackers is a moron for wanting bigger and better things and moaning that he eventually changed job.

And not a single damn was given.
Quote from DevilDare :And not a single damn was given.

Well that's contradiction since you were gettin all pissy about him leaving, clearly you give a damn.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well that's contradiction since you were gettin all pissy about him leaving, clearly you give a damn.

Nah. I just don't give a damn about that little lecture you thought you would give me.

And I am not getting pissy. As I said, I dont care. If he wants to, he can leave. Not the first "big player" to leave Arsenal - we will be fine.
Well you'll only do as shit, or as good as you would of with him anyway, one player doesn't make a team unless the rest of the team is complete shite, is that how you view your own team? As complete shite?
I think you are wrong blueflame and you need to get off your high horse. Arsenal have plenty of good players remaining, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wallcott, Podolski, Giroud. Who cares if RVP leaves, it's only counter productive if he was begged to stay. His move to Manchester City does not mean it will definately work out, look at what happened to Nasri etc, joined and it took a full season to find its feet. The gunners have an excellent youth team, and a good finance so in all honesty this could be a good thing.
How can I be wrong bizkit? DevilDare publically contradicted himself and I called him up on it.
I believe he wasn't giving a dam about what you say / your opinion. Try not to be so subjective "oh my god he is wrong i must correct him" think about other angles..

Besides, I think RvP will need his obedient team mates feeding him the ball so he can take glory - he won't find that at Man C with Balotelli and co.
Quote from BlueFlame :How can I be wrong bizkit? DevilDare publically contradicted himself and I called him up on it.

What the hell are you talking about? Where did I mention he made Arsenal and that without him we are shit?

You are a complete moron. How about you actually start reading what other people post?
Quote from de Souza :So, Chelsea guys, that is probably what you'll face later this year in Japan. Can't wait for it!

The CAF Champions League winner played pretty strong before they suffered the 2:0 by Barcelona last year and the J-League champion surprisingly defeated the AFC Champions League winner and even scored a goal against Santos. Chelsea must survive the Semi-Finals first before facing Corinthians, who I think can already plan for the CWC Final.

On the other hand Chelsea proved to be a tournament team.

FIFA Club World Cup will definately be interesting this year with the introduction of Hawk-Eye before saying Sayounara to Japan to depart to Morocco. Still I'd rather like it to have the FIFA Confederations Cup format, that could produce more surprises and would be fairer from my personal opinion. Also it would be nice if it "travels" more around the world.
Quote from TFalke55 :Chelsea must survive the Semi-Finals first before facing Corinthians, who I think can already plan for the CWC Final.

I think Chelsea is safely in the final.
On the other hand, Corinthians might be in trouble if too many players get sold. You know, we're mid-season now as UEFA teams are getting ready to start a new season (a central back was already sold to Roma, there are rumors of others). This transfer window really sucks for us, and I'm afraid this will continue to happen until both seasons are aligned.

Agreed on all other points.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG