The online racing simulator
They weren't but cmon Silva with his 1meter 50 scores a header? They just have so much luck..
Quote from Boris Lozac :They weren't but cmon Silva with his 1meter 50 scores a header? They just have so much luck..

He was wide open in the box and Fabregas gave a perfect pass. Where's the luck? That Italian defense left him open? Yeah, really lucky...
Quote from Boris Lozac :They weren't but cmon Silva with his 1meter 50 scores a header? They just have so much luck..

Yeah, just like all the built up, the slide pass into Fabregas, the inch perfect cutback to Silva who had found the space without a maker nearby. All just luck

That Fabregas/Silva combo was amazing. If you watch it in slow motion Silva knows exactly what he's doing, it was no fluke.

Spain were very entertaining tonight, I thought they deserved it and their performance was a great advertisement for the sport. Italy were unlucky but for me were the surprise of the tournament. I felt sorry for Pirlo, he demonstrated a real mastery of his position and he worked very hard.

The quality of football improved a lot once England were knocked out. Spain's semi was a bit dull but the last two games were fantastic.
Quote from de Souza :

Cmon i hate Spain and their style of play, give me a break to write something even though it isn't neccesarilly true
meh

well played spain atleast we no get beated on penalties
Holy ****!

Pirlo was doing great job, but apparently one man isn't enough.
Quote from KiRmelius :Holy ****!

Pirlo was doing great job, but apparently one man isn't enough.

no he wasnt.

spain did not let him get to midfield and control it. they push him to defense area where he could never get balls to where he wanted.

was good tactics from spain and prandelli didnt have clue what to do. and then when was 10men.. hopes was lost right there.

also. italy style of play is so relax. they take the ball and pass slow with control. spain was passing fast and control and italy had bad job to get the ball when they pass so fast and control. spain was pushing and putted pressure on every italy pass and they rushed it and usually messed up.

spains passing in a box between 3-4 men was clever. they draw player out. pass between them and move up. clever. and also they have fast players and some clever moves.

Fabregas put the ball right on Silvas ****ing head. Spain play as a team, it just so happens that they have an abundance of individual talent too but when it matters they throw that aside and play as a unit. Something which the Italians can only do when it comes to conning a referee.
I love when the plan comes together!
Quote from Franky.S :no he wasnt.

spain did not let him get to midfield and control it. they push him to defense area where he could never get balls to where he wanted.

was good tactics from spain and prandelli didnt have clue what to do. and then when was 10men.. hopes was lost right there.

also. italy style of play is so relax. they take the ball and pass slow with control. spain was passing fast and control and italy had bad job to get the ball when they pass so fast and control. spain was pushing and putted pressure on every italy pass and they rushed it and usually messed up.

spains passing in a box between 3-4 men was clever. they draw player out. pass between them and move up. clever. and also they have fast players and some clever moves.

Would have helped if Balotelli didn't just stand there with the ball going deeeeeerp time to get tackled! It was a bad luck day for Italy, they had 2 injuries and were a man down for a lot of the match.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Would have helped if Balotelli didn't just stand there with the ball going deeeeeerp time to get tackled! It was a bad luck day for Italy, they had 2 injuries and were a man down for a lot of the match.

I think Balotelli could see that if he was going to get a chance he was going to have to make it for himself out of nothing, so he got caught in possession quite often. He might have been right, but of course in retrospect it looks wasteful.

The final was excellent overall. If Italy had taken the chance they got early on in the first half it would have been more exciting as a contest, but Spain are just brilliant. Not just at keeping possession. At everything, and they fully deserve to retain the title.

I don't care if people find their style dull either. It's probably a bit of the Schumacher thing creeping in (nothing like being the best at something to earn criticism from a certain type of fan) and the professionals are all in total admiration of their style of play and technical ability.
If these people stopped watching football because of Spain it would only be like losing the people that only watch f1 for the crashes.
But you can't tell me you enjoy those things like Busquets did, had the perfect oportunity to shoot the ball, they lead 2-0, no, instead he fakes it and totally ruined a perfect shooting chance, that's why i hate them, they want to pass the ****ng ball in the net. I love teams that have people who like to shoot, Spain/Barca is full of those little c*nts that can only score from 10 meters.
Quote from Boris Lozac :But you can't tell me you enjoy those things like Busquets did, had the perfect oportunity to shoot the ball, they lead 2-0, no, instead he fakes it and totally ruined a perfect shooting chance, that's why i hate them, they want to pass the ****ng ball in the net. I love teams that have people who like to shoot, Spain/Barca is full of those little c*nts that can only score from 10 meters.

They refuse shooting opportunities because they are so confident that they can make a better chance.
I am an Arsenal fan, and god knows they're as guilty of trying to walk it in as anybody, sometimes, but the ability to do those things under that pressure is so rare, that yes, watching them try is just as entertaining as a shot from outside the box would be, even if it doesn't always work (not that a wild longer range shot is particularly exciting either). We all want attacking players to entertain us, and when they fail to do what they intend to do it's not as good as when they manage it (be it long range shot or intricate pass between 3 defenders).
They score plenty of goals, it's not like they always win 1-0, so you can't accuse them of not making chances, or of not taking them. Anyway, you be bored, I'll keep enjoying it.
Agreed 100% Sinbad.
New FIFA rankings.

1 Spain 1691 0
2 Germany 1502 1
3 Uruguay 1297 -1
4 England 1294 2
5 Portugal 1213 5
6 Italy 1192 6
7 Argentina 1095 0
8 Netherlands 1079 -4
9 Croatia 1050 -1
10 Denmark 1017 -1
11 Brazil 1012 -6

HAHA
Well at least they are correct about Brazil. It's going to be amusing watching the expectations crush them in 2014. It might even be worth sticking a bet on them not getting out of their group.
Sepp just puts on a blindfold and throws darts at a Junior Atlas when it comes to the rankings.

On another matter, my involvement in attending Scottish league games may be coming to an end in the coming week if Newco Rangers (Sevco5088) get into any other league other than applying for the 3rd division. The current plan is to try and fit them into the 1st, and create 3 promotion places into the SPL rather than the normal 1 just so they can get back into the SPL with the least amount of time spent in a lower league.

May as well just bend over and allow the Old Firm to f*** us in the arse.
sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109094-raith-director-we-are-being-bullied-and-lied-to-over-rangers-situation/

“[We are being] bullied, railroaded and lied to. We are being lied to by the Scottish FA and the SPL. We are being threatened and bullied. It is not football as I know it.

“It was a ridiculous document which came out last week whereby the threat was there that if you don’t vote for an acceptance into the First Division, a breakaway SPL2 will come along and those who didn’t vote wouldn’t be invited.

“What kind of game are we running here? It is corrupt.”

Also, you mean Sevco5088 don't you?
Quote from Intrepid :New FIFA rankings.

1 Spain 1691 0
2 Germany 1502 1
3 Uruguay 1297 -1
4 England 1294 2
5 Portugal 1213 5
6 Italy 1192 6
7 Argentina 1095 0
8 Netherlands 1079 -4
9 Croatia 1050 -1
10 Denmark 1017 -1
11 Brazil 1012 -6

HAHA

Quote from CSF :sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109094-raith-director-we-are-being-bullied-and-lied-to-over-rangers-situation/

“[We are being] bullied, railroaded and lied to. We are being lied to by the Scottish FA and the SPL. We are being threatened and bullied. It is not football as I know it.

“It was a ridiculous document which came out last week whereby the threat was there that if you don’t vote for an acceptance into the First Division, a breakaway SPL2 will come along and those who didn’t vote wouldn’t be invited.

“What kind of game are we running here? It is corrupt.”

Also, you mean Sevco5088 don't you?

Yeah I mean Sevco5088 but mentioned Rangers as no one would have understood if I said Sevco5088 FC instead of Rangers, should have stated Newco Rangers instead.....adjusted the post.
So RVP is no longer a gooner..
So are Arsenal technically a 0-man team now? So worse than Rangers?
It's not that big a deal for Arsenal. I don't understand why they'd give such a big contract to an injury prone 29 year old, who's had 18 good consistent months in his entire career. He will go to City and get injured again, absolutely no question.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG