The online racing simulator
Quote from TFalke55 :I'm surprised. If Stuttgart wins against Molde or Kopenhagen looses against Bucharest, 7 of 7 German teams stay in the European competition. Anyone has a clue when such happened the last time for any Nation? I could think of Spanish or English teams doing that. I'm really curious about it

The same thing can happen to English clubs if Manchester City finishes third in their group and Liverpool and Tottenham don't lose their 2nd places in theirs, which would mean United, Arsenal and Chelsea go through in the UCL, and City, Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle, in the EL.

Spanish teams are 5 for 6, with Bilbao being the only Spanish team not to progress to the Round of 32 in either competition.
Bilbao are an utter mess this season.
Quote from CSF :Bilbao are an utter mess this season.

That's good, because when i saw draw of Sparta Prague in EL, i thought they're done... and where are they now...
It's a shame - imagine what might have been, had Bilbao won the Europa League :/.
It would be the same. It was a one season thing. Bielsa was always likely to screw up, and there is no real chance of getting another crop of Basque players through like this one for a while.
I still cannot figure out why QPR has only 4 points... its pathetic but then again look at west brom
Because they are shit?
Clearly, but its still shocking that you can play 30 games and only have 4 points.
Edit 13 not 30 fp
Quote from Mustangman759 :Clearly, but its still shocking that you can play 30 games and only have 4 points.
Edit 13 not 30 fp

It happens all the time really, just not always in Premier League.

E: tiny typo
Yea, they scored first on united. And once with an offsides, they showed potential but they threw it away...
Scoring first v United is hardly an achievement considering United have been behind in 12 games or something this season.
I think they are still doing good. Quick look into last 15 seasons shows Sunderland scoring 15 points in 05/06 and Derby County only 11 points in the whole 07/08 season.
Don't worry, 'arry's here to save them... or fail miserably like in 2005... or bankrupt them...... hmmm which will it be.
Quote from Kid222 :I think they are still doing good. Quick look into last 15 seasons shows Sunderland scoring 15 points in 05/06 and Derby County only 11 points in the whole 07/08 season.

But not a win after 13 games? Must be demoralising to know that all their points come from ties.

I also think that this year's Portuguese League looks really promising in terms of close competition. After 10 games played, Porto and benfica are only separated by goal differences, teams like Rio Ave and Paços Ferreira are also up there, Sporting is doing a Liverpool with only 2 matches won...you'd expect the points to be more spread out by this point, but it isn't!
Arsenal need Diaby.
Quote from TFalke55 :I'm surprised. If Stuttgart wins against Molde or Kopenhagen looses against Bucharest, 7 of 7 German teams stay in the European competition. Anyone has a clue when such happened the last time for any Nation? I could think of Spanish or English teams doing that. I'm really curious about it

Alright, I did some research and the answer you were looking for is: in 2009 and 2006, all 7 Spanish teams advanced at least to the KO rounds in either the Champions' League or the EL/UEFA Cup. England (2006 and 2007) and Italy (2008) also had seven teams advancing past the group stage in the same season, but in those years they entered 8 clubs in the competitions.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Alright, I did some research and the answer you were looking for is: in 2009 and 2006, all 7 Spanish teams advanced at least to the KO rounds in either the Champions' League or the EL/UEFA Cup. England (2006 and 2007) and Italy (2008) also had seven teams advancing past the group stage in the same season, but in those years they entered 8 clubs in the competitions.

Thank you great effort to do those researches.
SHEFFIELD UNITED!! MON THE BLADES!
Still need Diaby's presence I feel - Rosicky looked bright when he came on though, hopefully he can help us out.
Quote from shaun463 :Still need Diaby's presence I feel - Rosicky looked bright when he came on though, hopefully he can help us out.

You know you're really in trouble when you "need" Diaby
So he did it, afterall. That's 86 goals in 65 matches, pretty insane stuff. I won't even dig up how many assists he did, I bet that would be insane as well.

Easily the best football player I've seen in my life.
Quote from de Souza :So he did it, afterall. That's 86 goals in 65 matches, pretty insane stuff. I won't even dig up how many assists he did, I bet that would be insane as well.

Easily the best football player I've seen in my life.

Agreed, it's a joy at times to watch him at times. Every generation has a standout player, before hand it was Pele, Eusébio, Maradona, Cruyff, and Best who all stood above their peers at the time, Messi can easily join that group.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG