The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :Croatia are just quality, their tactics are always top quality and they have decent players that work best as a team, rather than a few players that carry the team with individual skill.

Also, by referring to the Netherlands as Holland is like referring to Russia as Siberia.

Kuyt is not past his best, but even if he was he's still better than De Jong and Van Bommel combined.

CDM for the Netherlands has shown it doesn't work, they should drop their defensive midfield roll and put something more like a holding midfield attack position.

What in the name of goodness is a holding midfield attack position?
Poor, poor Given.
Quote from CSF :What in the name of goodness is a holding midfield attack position?

You gotta love Blueflame
Props to Irish fans. Thousands of people singing even when their team is getting hammered.
Quote from CSF :What in the name of goodness is a holding midfield attack position?

It's someone who plays in the hole behind the midfield, but in attack therefore in front of the midfield, and by doing so creates a vacuum in the constant rotation of positions on the field which the opposing danger men get caught into, thus allowing space for the defending striker to drop into alongside the defensive goaltender...

...it's simply football 101.
Spain today: most passes ever in a single Euro Cup finals game. 860 attempted, 778 completed. Ireland had 224/178.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Spain today: most passes ever in a single Euro Cup finals game. 860 attempted, 778 completed. Ireland had 224/178.

What does that translate into in terms of ball possesion? 75%/25%?
Irish fans singing at the game meanwhile losing 4:0. Apart from the Russia/Poland Fights there happend last days -
Impressing how matches can find a such peaceful end, even if you got detroyed by the Spains. +1 for that Irish behave.

It's my position I made up just now, to further exaggerate my clear bias in favor of Kuyt.

Also, Sinbad, Holland is a part of the Netherlands. Holland isn't a nickname for Netherlands, it's a province within it, so it would be like calling Belgium, Vlaanderen or England, Yorkshire.

Holland is just a silly English name we have for the Netherlands that I believe stuck during the Holy Roman Empire age, when Holland was it's own state.
Enjoying so much Irish games, referee did good job in playoffs, letting such team on euro. :P
Quote from Kalev EST :Props to Irish fans. Thousands of people singing even when their team is getting hammered.

As Lithuanian commentator said - Beer is cheap over there, nothing for Irish to be sad about.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's my position I made up just now, to further exaggerate my clear bias in favor of Kuyt.

Ffs he's a slow winger who plays in Robbens position.
Quote from Dmt :Enjoying so much Irish games, referee did good job in playoffs, letting such team on euro. :P

So in your opinion, Estonia should have gone to Poland instead of Ireland?
Also:

Looking forwards to englands game, it should be a good match.

But yes, forget the Kuyt. He's not in his best shape and a bit too slow. I say there's nothing Netherlands can do, except taking Van der Vaart into the starting 11
Quote from Dmt :Enjoying so much Irish games, referee did good job in playoffs, letting such team on euro. :P

Get over it already. Ireland was clearly better than us. They would have won regardless of a few questionable decisions.
Ukraine - France match suspended due to heavy storm. C'mon stop it already, stupid rain!
**** off Bernie!
**** the sweden!!
Football fans have ruined Seven Nation Army...
Justice has happen! Sweden is out! Thank you England! Thank you Theo Walcott!!
Quote from Stig209 :**** the sweden!!

I was thinking it was an alright match, with a little too much physical action from the Swedes, but after their 2nd goal when Ibrahamovic was shown on our screens mouthing "yeaaah eff you" to our goal keeper I seriously wished Rooney was on the pitch to do something stupid and punch him. Anyway, karma hit them hard - bye bye Sweden

That aside, Walcott and Welbeck showing some real quality and Caroll showing that once again he cannot score with anything other than his head, which I guess is a good and a bad thing but he should definitely be replaced by Rooney for the Ukraine match. I think Oxlade-Chamberlin, Walcott, Young, Welbeck and Rooney should all start the next match - and Milner should not.
-
(sjava) DELETED by sjava

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG