The online racing simulator
A great day for freshness in Scottish Football!
Arteta reckons Arsenal can catch 2nd - thoughts?
Possible but highly unlikely. Arsenal have the form to do it but they also need City to have a thorough collapse as well.
Quote from shaun463 :Arteta reckons Arsenal can catch 2nd - thoughts?

The quality of the EPL overall has dropped this season, otherwise Arsenal wouldn't be in danger of qualifying for the champions league. Surprised to see City collapse so badly though.
FA Cup this weekend - any predictions for the finalists?

I'm going for Everton and Chelsea, so a repeat of the 2009 final
Everton v Chelsea.
Loserpool sucks, but they can get pumped up for cups somehow, so i say LIV-CHE.
Hoping for Everton-Chelsea, but think it will be Liverpool-Tottenham.
Quote from Kid222 :Loserpool sucks, but they can get pumped up for cups somehow, so i say LIV-CHE.

Anyone who has a brain would put money on Liverpool winning/progressing in a cup.

Out of curiosity how well broadcasted is English football in Brazil and Czech Republik?
Quote from BlueFlame :Out of curiosity how well broadcasted is English football in Brazil and Czech Republik?

Down here it's restricted to ESPN Brasil/ESPN international, which are both paid. They usually broadcast 4-5 games per matchday, ocasionally broadcasting something from the League 1 too.
Is the English game popular in Brazil then? Do many people watch it?
Quote from BlueFlame :Is the English game popular in Brazil then? Do many people watch it?

Well football is popular, but I'd say the Premier League is not nearly as popular as it should, given its games being so much better than our local leagues (yes it is). Also the organization, broascasts itselves etc.
You have to consider the price of the payed channels on that math, though, and we have another one little problem here: one channel has 80% of the audience no matter what it broadcasts (and it only broadcasts sports that Brazil is directly involved).

It's pretty sad when i get to work and say "OMG Liverpool will give me a heart attack some day" and the guy next to me says "who?".
Quote from BlueFlame :
Out of curiosity how well broadcasted is English football in Brazil and Czech Republik?

Wiziwig, myp2p. There are also some paid channels, which i don't own, streaming does the job, as quality of czech commentary is on those channels is mostly reaching quality of a potato.
Thanks, was just interested to see what reflection the English game has elsewhere.
Decent game last night, keeps the race for that 3rd place interesting and compact. Arsenal started really slow and where punished by a quick, free flowing Wigan who defended well and should have made it 3-1. I can't see any reason why Wigan will go down now, especially if they continue to play like they did last night, so that leaves the bottom 4 battling out for that precious 17th position in the league. Going to go down to the last day again I think for both ends of the table.

Also good to see that the Dutch hatred of the Scots still runs strong all because Archie Gemmill ran through them in back in 78....well that must be the reason RVP refused to shake hands with Caldwell at the end.
Quote :Drogba: earns his side the two mins of injury time, and then uses it to score a goal. Masterplan.

It's amusing to see Barca being out rolled about. Almost as amused as I was to see Messi gift Chelsea a goal.
Chelsea got outplayed in every aspect today, apart from finishing. They did just well enough to grab that win.

Second leg will be interesting.

Also, "lol" at Cesc trending on Twitter with people saying to sell him. Extra funny to me as Arsenal supporter.
That Terry/Puyol moment got GIFfed in record time.

As much as I dislike them Chelsea were excellent tonight, not often you see a team completely shut Messi down without leaking goals from either side. Cole particularly was excellent, and Drogba under Di Matteo is playing like he was in his 20s.
Messi had Ronaldoitus and tried to do everything himself. Badly caught out for the goal, and no where near his best tonight...

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG