The online racing simulator
TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Zonda :OK i translated to Polish language

Thanks Zonda... but i'm a bit confused, because yaper has already been working on a Polish translation, using our special online system.

I feel bad saying it because it sounds like a lot of wasted work, if yours is a completely different one but maybe you and yaper can discuss this to figure out what to do?
Quote from Scawen :Thanks Zonda... but i'm a bit confused, because yaper has already been working on a Polish translation, using our special online system.

I feel bad saying it because it sounds like a lot of wasted work, if yours is a completely different one but maybe you and yaper can discuss this to figure out what to do?

exactly. but maybe thats coz info isnt really obvious anywhere.
in fact if u go to translations section of forum, you just see the old eold util (which was great).
maybe u could/should add, online translation info, to that same sticky post u have there?
Is there Hungarian translation?
If I type the number plate in cyrillic, ^C which is put automatically, I suppose, is hidden though counted. I could type only 6 symbols rather than 8.
not sure if this is exclusive to P7 but seems to be,

i've just got a bug a couple of times that stops me choosing my car when online (joined server from one with diff. car) and won't let me leave the game either (clicking yes = no apperently) i had the same sort of thing with an earlier s2 patch, although that one was fixed.

it's cool to see all the hard work the translators are putting in, spreading the word (literally) about LFS,

thanks chaps
Quote from detail :If I type the number plate in cyrillic, ^C which is put automatically, I suppose, is hidden though counted. I could type only 6 symbols rather than 8.

That's nothing new, you encounter same thing if you try to make a multi colored text. ^C ^G ^1 ^2 ^3 etc counts as normal characters in the variables.
A bug: when switched to non-english keyboard, the space key doesn't stop the hosts list checking.
Bug: After installing P7, when using < and > in the AutoX editor, you get the "denied" sound (like when you press a button and that action is not permitted), for each "click" the object turns.
Quote from Scawen :Text width remains constant in wide screen modes

thanks, LFS menus looks great again!
I found next Bug: Template is wrong
Quote from Zonda :I found next Bug: Template is wrong

Nice bug find... but how did you do that?

[ EDIT : it's ok - i can reproduce it now ]
OK, forget it - i found out how to do it!

It's something to do with the characters width changing with screen width. It should not use that code when it draws a number plate..
sorry to bother, but speaking of plate...is it possible to change that ugly brown/yellow of the background with white or grey?
Quote from Honey :sorry to bother, but speaking of plate...is it possible to change that ugly brown/yellow of the background with white or grey?

I think, in England, the plates are like LFS ones.

But it would be nice to have a plate type depending of the country :hyper:
Quote from detail :If I type the number plate in cyrillic, ^C which is put automatically, I suppose, is hidden though counted. I could type only 6 symbols rather than 8.

Originally Posted by Krane
That's nothing new, you encounter same thing if you try to make a multi colored text. ^C ^G ^1 ^2 ^3 etc counts as normal characters in the variables.

Is it possible not to count these special codes in the length of the field? Many people have trouble writing their full names with colours or with codepage codes, and in the number plate theres even less space left available.
Quote from Misko :Is it possible not to count these special codes in the length of the field? Many people have trouble writing their full names with colours or with codepage codes, and in the number plate theres even less space left available.

That sounds good, Iam not sure if iam right, but I guess it will require a lot of code changes because the variables that are holding this information are not big enough right now.

CU
Scarap
Are the numbers of tyre temps in "F9" info become smaller? Sometimes I don't see the difference, if there is 5 or 6. I use 4xAA (smoothing).
Wouldn't hurt not to, its just a test patch so you don't have to get it. It does improve a few things for gameplay, but so minor that they don't really apply to the kind of driving people do on demo (things like pit stops issues when swapping drivers was fixed, etc). Just wait till they have the official patch on the website. :up:
First, sorry for my english. I have test patch P7 and I cannot save replays with numeric keyboard. Also blocking messages does not work. I read about problems with T and some other keys, but not about this. I use czech keyboard.

I apologize, if this problem is solved, but I read this thread and found nothing. Maybe I am blind...

EDIT: All numbers are strange, "engine off" is instead of warning lights... Why I tried P7? I am a fool...
But it would be nice to have a plate type depending of the country :hyper:[/QUOTE]

Quote from Honey :sorry to bother, but speaking of plate...is it possible to change that ugly brown/yellow of the background with white or grey?

It is orange.
Looks better IRL. Though changing the plate colour would be simple, as the rest of the world just use White front and back (strange way to do things )
Quote from detail :@ devs: here is a lesson file that contained a mistake in the previous version.

Thanks. I will include it in the next patch. You may wish to have a look at the text of the braking lessons, where some changes were made by Florian.
Quote from woodbine :EDIT: All numbers are strange, "engine off" is instead of warning lights...

What happens if you avoid the numeric keypad, and use the main keyboard instead - do these functions all work correctly then?
Quote from woodbine :Why I tried P7? I am a fool...

Not really, the purpose of a test patch is to find problems. Thanks for the testing.

EDIT : I've now fixed the numeric keypad and made these keys work :

0 1 2 7 8 9 - /

These should be ok for you in test patch P8 which will come out this week.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG