The online racing simulator
Quote from Misko :...Then I started messing with the colours, editing player names and that bug happened again. CrazyICE described it well, LFS made another ply file beside the old one which was stripped after some point (I think it was also a dot as was in his case). Old file with full name stayed there in the misc folder and there was that new cropped one. In LFS it only showed the cropped one, sometimes twice and they couldn't be deleted from LFS, it kept appearing again (probably the one that kept apearing was that long one). It behaved strangley and I couldn't remember exactly what was hapening. When I tried to reproduce it again starting all over with another player I couldn't. Need to try more to find that combination which gives the strange code to LFS...

It seems to get corrupted (truncated after the dot) if the name is the full length (23 chars).

For anyone else who tests that out, just to be clear : the corrupted name only appears to be corrupted when you click on another name after typing in the corrupted name.
Thx .

(Lasen selle spelleriga veel korra üle)

EDIT: Scawen - you could update the autox manual :

"LFS S1 Autocross Editor Instruction Manual" - I changed to "LFS Autocross Editor Instruction" (Manual)
"Full S1 version only" - I changed to "Only for licensed racers"
Attached files
Autocross_estonian.txt - 2.1 KB - 295 views
Hi! I found bug:
I press N and I press on user how it wants to write I can not message this to her delete.
I press BACKSPACE and nothing
It's always been that if you left click, you are protected from deleting the player's name, and if you right click, you can delete / edit it. But the new bug is you can type a few characters after that and you can't even delete them. How many incorrectly undeletable characters you get would depend on the number of colour and codepage changes in the user's name - and that's the new bug.
P11 is cool (actually, I don't know what the differences are, but I've played it anyway)
-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa
Quote from tristancliffe :P11 is cool (actually, I don't know what the differences are, but I've played it anyway)

P11?? did I miss something?
maybe he means mphexpo
yes, a little bird told me that they are using p11 on the show

Scawen came yesterday to help set up LFS, unlock it, and update it to P11. Can't say we did much typing though to test any of the new features (I don't know what the new features are anyway )
Yeah, i think ive istalled the patch, but im not sure. Anyway of finding out?
Look at the bottom of the screen on the main menu - it'll say version P, P2, P3 P10 or whatever...
Hmm ok, hasnt installed then, i give up...
you dont 'install' as such. just unzip the files into LFS folder. let them overwrite the old files. they then organise themselves when LFS starts. sorted.
Quote from Lible :The tilde in LFS is like lightning. But it must be smooth like this: Õ

In lfs, it is like THIS

Can you actually see the õ ?

I have no trouble seeing the ~ symbol. If it's not perfectly shaped, you can still make out what sort of symbol it is. Unless you in Estonia have another symbol very much alike, and you can't tell the difference. I wouldn't know.
Yeah, i extracted it, but it says 'cannot load font' then closes...any help?
Quote from Lucasinio :Yeah, i extracted it, but it says 'cannot load font' then closes...any help?

It sounds as if you have not extracted it into your existing LFS folder, and you have not preserved directory structure. There should be a setting like "use folder names" or "preserve directory structure", something like that.

Do you have WinZip installed? It's a free download and it's better than the default XP extraction system. If WinZip is installed then the extraction will work exactly as described in that instructions link.
Quote from [Viking] :I have no trouble seeing the ~ symbol. If it's not perfectly shaped, you can still make out what sort of symbol it is. Unless you in Estonia have another symbol very much alike, and you can't tell the difference. I wouldn't know.

It's been improved since Lible asked for it.
We want P11, we want P11...:laola:
We want non-alpha, we want non-alpha!
Quote from Lible :We want non-alpha, we want non-alpha!

Do I need to install all those P3-P10 patches or just the newest one?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG