The online racing simulator
TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
Quote from TRM.13 :Scawen, why CTRL+F9, CTRL+F10... ?

It must be only F9, F10,F11 and F12, isn't it?

Because F9 to F12 are reserved for the S2 type things (temps / damage / pit stops).

CTRL+F9 to CTRL+F12 were unused, so a good place to put assignable text. The Cyberseat guys needed this at the show, because until today, there was no way to restart a game without going to the keyboard, or using an InSim program. Now you can map a wheel button to some text "/restart".

To map any button to any key is a bigger issue, fully flexible system, couldn't be done that quickly without some kind of a rewrite.
Quote from Scawen :Because F9 to F12 are reserved for the S2 type things (temps / damage / pit stops).

CTRL+F9 to CTRL+F12 were unused, so a good place to put assignable text. The Cyberseat guys needed this at the show, because until today, there was no way to restart a game without going to the keyboard, or using an InSim program. Now you can map a wheel button to some text "/restart".

To map any button to any key is a bigger issue, fully flexible system, couldn't be done that quickly without some kind of a rewrite.

Sorry, I understood something completly different about maping wheel buttons...Like F9-F12 to fast access to pit strategy.

BTW, I have a cyberseat and with a free aplication, you can map any keyboard button to a wheel button. This is very usefull to avoid keep the hands off the wheel to change strategy
Thank You !:bounce8::laola:
THX,I testing now
downloading aswell, thanks for the work Scawen (and all the other translators)
Oh great. Everything is fixed, thank you!

There's a tiny little bug when clicking on down arrow to show all characters: that down arrow changes into Ź when clicked, as in screenshot. It doesn't matter which codepage is selected, its Ź every time. I suppose it should change to the up arrow but Ź is in that place instead in Central European codepage (second screenshot).

I tried things that were the issue before and they are no more. Names in credits are all ok as well, one is missing but he'll be sending an email soon. Cool to see our names in credits of our favourite game.

Hope I don't find any more problems.
Attached images
chars.JPG
chars2.JPG
Quote from Misko :Oh great. Everything is fixed, thank you!

:woohoo::laola:
thx Scawen! :bannana_p

lets test it :rally_dri
I see two strange symbols. I thought they mean "insert any strange symbol in your text"
Attached images
LFS 2005-11-26 15-46-26-45.jpg
LFS 2005-11-26 15-46-30-87.jpg
Hehe, so the down arrow can be corrupted as well!

I reproduced it the same as Misko, but you have a new version of the bug, detail!

Funny how the only bug is on one of the smallest buttons in LFS.

I've already noted that the up and down arrows on scroll bars are not corrupted. Haven't looked in the code yet but i will today. Let me know if you see any more bugs. We may be at the end of this series of test patches!
Quote from Scawen :We may be at the end of this series of test patches!

I agree
Could it be because they have different default codepages in Windows when they run LFS? So its trying to put that ASCII character number from the wrong code page?
Quote from Scawen :We may be at the end of this series of test patches!

:clapclap: :banana_ra
Yeah, we seem to have the arrow shown in our default codepages in Windows.
hum, sorry to say that, but could we hope for a physic correction (tyre,aero...) now ? I think this MUCH more important than codepages and other stuff that should have been added in last ...
or should I have to wait for netKar Pro for a good physic ?

sorry, but we were waiting for a physic update for a long time in ESCC, and it never happenned
ESCC will be finished Tuesday, and I'll not play LFS after that until a new physic
I love the tracks, I love cars, but actuals physics sux then the game could be perfect with good tyres
This isn't really the thread for that. Physics update will come when it comes. Scawen has explained his actions enough in other threads, me thinks. Let's get off his case so he can get on with whatever he deems important to get on with...
yes maybe, but I have impressions it will never comes
A physic update is more important than new codepages for the credebility of LFS IMO ...
You're right, but Scawen already made the decision to include codepage support first, so there's no need to argue about it anyway now that it's finished.
Kid_Paddle, you can find so many answers to this question, it's very boring and irritating to hear the same thing again and again, and have to answer the same over again.

Physics is more important to you, but do you think it's more important to someone who is Russian, or Greek and can't speak English?

LFS involves a physics core and a game around it and an interface around that. There's no point updating one without the other. And there's only me working on all these sections. You got S2, with a MASSIVE physics update. Now some other parts had to be updated. This is a very nice update because it inlcludes 5 new translations, and allows many more people to type in their own language.

As i keep saying, over and over again, physics is next. Quite honestly, when i am bugged about things that are already on my list, it makes me not want to actually do it! So just be patient. With LFS, you get more updates than most other, so you shouldn't be complaining. And you should accept that we keep the incompatible things together for another update, not releasing one physics change after another, splitting the community every time. This is explained in more detail in other places.
Also, if you know how to make racing sims better than we do, why not make your own?

We welcome comments about LFS, positive and negative (constructive criticism). But it's not welcome, telling us how to do our job, what we should do with our time and that we have got our priorities all wrong.

Our way of working is what got LFS to this stage, so it can't be all bad. We work by inspiration, doing what is interesting at the time. That way we don't get bored and stop development like what happens with most games.
I for one am very pleased to see multi-language support added to LFS (even though I'll never need it personally ) Many friends I have made in LFS don't speak english as their first language, so I'm pleased for them... also you must realise that a great number of people don't speak english at all - so it can only be a good thing for the future of LFS (just look at how many RL racers struggle with english in tv interviews) LFS shouldn't just be exposed to english speaking people if it is to be a true racing SIM, so grats to the LFS Dev team for running with multi-langauge support It is LFS online features that is one of its stand out features so its great to see it being developed even more in this area..
Quote from Scawen :Also, if you know how to make racing sims better than we do, why not make your own?

We welcome comments about LFS, positive and negative (constructive criticism). But it's not welcome, telling us how to do our job, what we should do with our time and that we have got our priorities all wrong.

Our way of working is what got LFS to this stage, so it can't be all bad. We work by inspiration, doing what is interesting at the time. That way we don't get bored and stop development like what happens with most games.

Right

Live for Speed FOREVER !
I known traductions are important for someone that don't speak english, but physics are more important for pro sim-racers.
Of course you get some new licenced drivers from Russia, Greek or others due to thoses new translations, but on the other hand, you losed many high level sim-racers, and you deprives yourselves of the players coming from others simulations where physics are good (not as good as lfs ones in the technic, maybe...) like GPL or Nascar 2K3

your decision to make translations before physics was criticized by many sim-racers on other forum, but that's your decision, and it's your game, but I just wanted you known the opinion of many guys about LFS

finally, I'll not play LFS untill a major physic update arrives, and it will be great if it happen before netKar Pro is out
How come the physics are wrong!!?? The 97% is perfect, and the rest should be fixed when Scawen thinks it should!! It is perfectly playable, and gives me more fun, and enjoyment of being there on the track then any other "complete" sim on the market! This comments have no place in this community, you should worship them, because all of this that they are doing for you spoiled brats! SCAVIER, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR NEW TRANSLATIONS and putting my name in the Credits page, i almost sh*t my pants off, when i saw it!!
Quote from Boris Lozac :How come the physics are wrong!!?? The 97% is perfect, and the rest should be fixed when Scawen thinks it should!! It is perfectly playable, and gives me more fun, and enjoyment of being there on the track then any other "complete" sim on the market! This comments have no place in this community, you should worship them, because all of this that they are doing for you spoiled brats! SCAVIER, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR NEW TRANSLATIONS and putting my name in the Credits page, i almost sh*t my pants off, when i saw it!!

I hope you're jocking? The physics is 97%? please dude, play another game than LFS (GTL for example) and after, see the difference with LFS . (yes, the physics are better than the S1 phisic's)
Perhaps you only play with the UF1000? so, if the answer is yes, change your car dude
Quote from Kid_Paddle :I known traductions are important for someone that don't speak english, but physics are more important for pro sim-racers.
Of course you get some new licenced drivers from Russia, Greek or others due to thoses new translations, but on the other hand, you losed many high level sim-racers, and you deprives yourselves of the players coming from others simulations where physics are good (not as good as lfs ones in the technic, maybe...) like GPL or Nascar 2K3

your decision to make translations before physics was criticized by many sim-racers on other forum, but that's your decision, and it's your game, but I just wanted you known the opinion of many guys about LFS

finally, I'll not play LFS untill a major physic update arrives, and it will be great if it happen before netKar Pro is out

Of course, you realize that many of the players here DO come from GPL and Nascar 2K3. And are completely happy with the way things are going... Sure we'd like physics updates and fixes (for the aero package for example). But we go about telling him about it a bit different. Instead of telling him to "fix the physics" we try to discuss exactly what is wrong with it, and how it should be working. That is constructive criticism.

I couldn't care less about all these test-patches for codepages... But I don't moan about them because I know that once he's done with this he'll start work on something that I myself deem important.

You won't play LFS until a major physics update arrives? Why? LFS in its current form has better overall physics than any other so-called "sim" out there. The only reason you're bitchin' about it is because you know it's still a WIP. If this was a Simbin product, and final, we wouldn't have heard a single peep out of you, and you'd be happy with what it was, because simply put, it IS the BEST, even if it is flawed at the moment.

Sincerely, and until the next major update then,

Ray
This thread is closed

TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG