The online racing simulator
With P8 i can´t use my CTRL+F1, CTRL+F3, CTRL+F6 keys anymore. All other keys work fine. I am using a german Windows but in LFS i am using english translation, but the bug still exists if i switch to german translation.

Another thing, that might be a bug is in the new textbox when you hit "T" :

If you press one of the new buttons to select codepage (msg-codepage or def-codepage) and select "cancel" in the codepage-selection-box, any F-key pressed after that will be sent, but the textbox will not be closed as usually (it will be closed if you dont select one of the new buttons before).

Another thing i noticed since P5 (i think) is, that i lose my ForceFeedback when i install a new patch. This never happened before. To get ForceFeedback back, i have to turn it off and on again in the options/controls screen once, after that it just works fine again (My wheel is a Microsoft FF).

BTW: Thanks for avoiding the beep on Scroll-Lock...
Attached images
language2.jpg
png had some odd default max-size - cranked it up now.
Thanks.
Quote from zurdospeed :Hi, with P8 I cant unlock the game. I get a message like "wrong command". If I install again P7 Its ok.

Yes.. I have P2 again.
Quote from Octane :Another thing, that might be a bug is in the new textbox when you hit "T" :

If you press one of the new buttons to select codepage (msg-codepage or def-codepage) and select "cancel" in the codepage-selection-box, any F-key pressed after that will be sent, but the textbox will not be closed as usually (it will be closed if you dont select one of the new buttons before).

I've noticed this too. When changing codepage with this option (to Cyrillic or whatever) F key binds get sent out as separate message and box is not closed. But I guess thats not gonna be a problem when codepage change would be done automatically with keyboard change in next patch, right?
good thing, i stuck with P4
Quote from Scawen :Yes... and don't worry about it being a bit obscure / difficult to make sense of a 3 letter abbreviation. With the new automatic codepage detection that seems to work so far, i should be able to make those buttons invisible, unless you press a special key, just for people who want to get manual control over the input code page.

The special key (to make those buttons visible while a text entry box is open) will probably be CTRL or CTRL+SHIFT. This would only be used for unusual purposes, for example, someone like me who only has a UK keyboard layout installed, could use that to switch to Cyrillic and write a Russian word.

Ok... No worries then
P8 Can Now Unlock
About the unlocking problem : master server is now updated so you can unlock using Patch P8.

Thanks for the reports. I'll work through them today and report back if more info is needed. I'm pleased it looks like that auto codepage selection on keyboard change is really going to work well.
Quote from inCogNito :
and maybe i found a bug, i watched a race with 2 drivers and the TAB key didn't work. When the 3rd driver joined it worked.

OT : Happened to me as well
Quote from Octane :With P8 i can´t use my CTRL+F1, CTRL+F3, CTRL+F6 keys anymore. All other keys work fine. I am using a german Windows but in LFS i am using english translation, but the bug still exists if i switch to german translation.

I can't reproduce this, and i can't see any reason why F1, F3 and F6 would behave differently from any other F keys.

Could it be that those keys are taken by some other program running in the background?
Can you try a previous version and see if you get the same problem?
Does anyone else get this problem?
Sry, forgot to mention in my little 'bug report' that it wasn't done in P8, it was in P7 I think but AFAIK no updates were done on that code in P8 so it should still be around - and when the replay is played with P8 it still shows the same way.
Quote from axus :Sry, forgot to mention in my little 'bug report' that it wasn't done in P8, it was in P7 I think but AFAIK no updates were done on that code in P8 so it should still be around - and when the replay is played with P8 it still shows the same way.

That's a funny replay

But anyway... the problem isn't in the replay - that's just some nice proof of what happened. The actual bug is that you somehow originally managed, when you exited from hotlapping, to bypass the cleanup section of the code for the game setup screen. That's why the LFS Logo vanished, and you were still in a "ghost hotlapping mode".

Only problem is i can't see how to reproduce it...

The only part that needs to be reproduced is : how to exit from hotlapping (or possibly any single player mode) probably somehow bypass the setup screen, and lose the LFS logo. If we can reproduce that then we've got it.

---

EDIT : here's a bug report from RSC which reports the same problem. In this case, the people who got the bug were watching a replay at the time. Can you remember if you were watching a replay when it happened? If so, did you watch the replay by pressing 1 or 2 in game, or was it a hotlapping video you watched from the replay selection screen?

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=215820
Quote from kokoi :Is there a thread about non-language improvements? about physics and graphics? I've read on a french forum (www.lfsfrance.com) that there are several bugs in the physics, especially with tyres which don't seem to act lik in real (higher pressure, less wear...). Is there also a thread about those problems with patch we can test and so on?

No. There is only one thread for the test patch.

There are no physics changes - this is a 100% compatible patch, which means that everyone can connect together online, and all the hotlaps remain valid.

Physics changes will be saved for a later patch. We try to keep as many physics and multiplayer changes as possible, in the same test patch, because each time there are any *incompatible* changes, people with the new patch can't connect to hosts using the old patch, all the hotlap tables must be deleted, etc...
Aha! Reproduced it! I think I was in the setup screen and I held down "X" to go back to the main menu to go to multiplayer. Instead of pressing it twice seperately I held it down and it went to the main menu, then exit and then cancelled exit. It also happens if "X" is held down from the Player (Options) menu but not the Single Player or Hotlapping screens. Then when the procedure:

Leave Player or Setup screen -> Leave Single Player or Hotlapping screen to main menu -> Exit LFS -> Cancel (no)

occurs quickly by HOLDING DOWN the "X" key the LFS logo disappears. I presume that this means that the clean-up code has been skipped and the same thing would occur in multiplayer as in those replays. It doesn't happen when you just press X and go through the steps one by one or when the Exit LFS -> Cancel does not occur. It doesn't occur when using the buttons on the screen either. It does not occur when holding down X from either the hotlapping or single player menus, nor the main menu. It also occurs when you do it from a submenu in the training menu. It does not occur from the options menu or multiplayer menu. When you hold down Escape in a submenu of the training menu it also occurs. (If you hold down Escape in the hotlapping or single player menus you are sent to the options screen) I can't find any other way to make that happen but if I do I will let you know

EDIT: Got the replay bug too. It happens by holding down SHIFT + X after saving a replay while the replay you made is being watched (X alone does nothing). It does not happen when watching a previously saved replay, only when you save a new one in single player or hotlapping (by either pressing 1 or 2) and HOLDING DOWN SHIFT + X.
Very good - thanks. In fact your description of how to reproduce it from a replay is the same in single player or hotlapping modes, when not watching a replay - just hold down SHIFT+X from in-game and it happens every time. Very easy to reproduce when you know how!
I think I'll take the trophy for the most detailed bug-report of the year
Quote from Scawen :I can't reproduce this, and i can't see any reason why F1, F3 and F6 would behave differently from any other F keys.

Could it be that those keys are taken by some other program running in the background?
Can you try a previous version and see if you get the same problem?
Does anyone else get this problem?

Oops, sorry, it was indeed another program. I installed a trial-version of WinDVR a few days ago and it placed a scheduler in the autostart, so i removed it and everything is fine again...
Quote from Renku :One thing I miss in Online mode, is /w hl "racername" does not work 9 out of 10 times, but /w pb "racername" does work every time. I have binded /w hl and /w pb to F1-F8 keys: /w pb works every time and /w hl returns with LFSW - no hotlap found for Renku on this track/car. When I type /w hl Renku and press [ENTER] it occasionally returns with a hotlap. So I binded /w hl Renku to a "F" key - no go.

should work now
Devs have you noticed that there are no variables in the language files for the weather types when selecting a track?
Bug? When I edit (for example player name) and delete color number, some other char instead of folloving char appear. Example:
player name "^4p^1o^7a Pablo", delete "7" and "*" instead "a" appear.
I know some ^X are codes for changing codepages, but iirc not ^a..
Attached images
playernameeditinp8.jpg
Quote from Pablo.CZ :Bug? When I edit (for example player name) and delete color number, some other char instead of folloving char appear. Example:
player name "^4p^1o^7a Pablo", delete "7" and "*" instead "a" appear.
I know some ^X are codes for changing codepages, but iirc not ^a..

I think the * is simply represented by ^a (for asteriks - or however you spell it). This makes chat conversations use less bandwidth if only letters and numbers and so on are used.
Quote from axus :I think the * is simply represented by ^a (for asteriks - or however you spell it). This makes chat conversations use less bandwidth if only letters and numbers and so on are used.

The reason is in fact so player names or other file names can appear to contain characters that are illegal in windows file names.

For example you could have a player name that appears as A*B|C - even though * and | are both illegal characters in filenames. In thais case, the player name would actually contain the text A^aB^vC
Oh, I see

EDIT: Scawen, I have been trying to make a movie but one thing keeps annoying me. The problem is when using the free view (SHIFT + U) and holding down the right button of the mouse to change the direction of the view. Once the mouse pointer hits the edge of the screen you cannot rotate anymore. Is it possible to make the rotation infinate (ie. when the mouse hits the edge of the screen rotation continues when you move the mouse further in that direction)? If not, could you add a slider for the sensitivity of the mouse when holding down the right button? If not I guess I could work my way round it...
Quote from axus :Oh, I see

EDIT: Scawen, I have been trying to make a movie but one thing keeps annoying me. The problem is when using the free view (SHIFT + U) and holding down the right button of the mouse to change the direction of the view. Once the mouse pointer hits the edge of the screen you cannot rotate anymore. Is it possible to make the rotation infinate (ie. when the mouse hits the edge of the screen rotation continues when you move the mouse further in that direction)? If not, could you add a slider for the sensitivity of the mouse when holding down the right button? If not I guess I could work my way round it...

I believe the 'move speed' can accelerate the movement of right moust click camera... then again it makes the movement of the camera itself super twitchy, hehe. Would be nice to have more 'movie-making' options :up:
Quote from Scawen :The reason is in fact so player names or other file names can appear to contain characters that are illegal in windows file names.

For example you could have a player name that appears as A*B|C - even though * and | are both illegal characters in filenames. In thais case, the player name would actually contain the text A^aB^vC

can u publish a list of that codes?
cause i only have some, but for some scripts i need all of them

i got ^a, ^v, ^c....

what are the others?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG