The online racing simulator
TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
Thanks Tweaker.
Quote from Tweaker :It still shows that for my team name on LFSW too, looks like it says "Team: (\\\\" And elsewhere

Also says (^d^s) for me for the beginning of server name (\/)

fixed that
Thanks!!!
Not really a problem, I just want to report it: With my german keyboard layout I get a " or ! when pressing PageUp or PageDown.
Quote from Scawen :This post would be more useful if you stated which fixes you can't wait for, ideally with a link to their thread. I don't have very many exciting bug fixes listed at high priority. My main priority is to get this batch of compatible patches finished so i can get onto physics updates.

One thing I miss in Online mode, is /w hl "racername" does not work 9 out of 10 times, but /w pb "racername" does work every time. I have binded /w hl and /w pb to F1-F8 keys: /w pb works every time and /w hl returns with LFSW - no hotlap found for Renku on this track/car. When I type /w hl Renku and press [ENTER] it occasionally returns with a hotlap. So I binded /w hl Renku to a "F" key - no go.
Quote from Scawen :This post would be more useful if you stated which fixes you can't wait for... My main priority is to get this batch of compatible patches finished so i can get onto physics updates.

Well, one thing I find would improve the playability of the game while you move onto the physics upgrades would be to have the silent locked wheel bug fixed. I assume it's a bug, I haven't read up about it much I'm afraid. I've seen it mentioned around the forums though, where a single wheel locks without so much as a squeak. Often I've hit F9 to see what's going on after I nearly miss my turn-in point, only to find that I've totally flat-spotted a front tyre without any audible complaint from it. Alternatively it'll still be locked as I turn in, and the only way I have of knowing about it would be plume of smoke visible in my mirror. It's nothing major, just one of those little annoyances really, but one that can cost you a position if it happens more than once in a race.

On a separate note, since installing P8 I've had my first crash-to-desktop in LFS - first ever, since the first version of S1! All stable since though, so hopefully just a one-off.
Automatic Codepage Detection TEST!
For anyone who uses more than one keyboard layout...

It would be very nice if LFS can detect this automatically, so you never need to select the code page in LFS and i can remove those new buttons from the input message box.

So here's my request : If you have more than one input language installed, please run this attached program "language_kb.exe" and see what happens when you change your input language / input codepage / whatever it is called. It's just like the old "language.exe" but it detects not only the System ANSI Codepage (which you can only change with a reboot) but also tries to detect the Keyboard ANSI Codepage (which should change whenever you change the keyboard layout). The window should refresh automatically when you change the keyboard layout, but you can force a screen refresh by pressing any key.

What i need to know is, does it correctly detect your select keyboard layout, and any changes to that? See attached screen shot. If possible please attach "before and after" screen shots of your tests.
Attached images
english_test.jpg
Attached files
language_kb.zip - 16.2 KB - 187 views
Quote from STROBE :On a separate note, since installing P8 I've had my first crash-to-desktop in LFS - first ever, since the first version of S1! All stable since though, so hopefully just a one-off.

Have had no problem whatsoever with it on my side and I was online with it for quite some time on Sunday (hosting an OLFSL race) without any program-related incidents. It was most likely a one-off thing.
Forgot to mention, it would be good if some other people with a non-Latin keyboard could run the test as well, even if you don't usually use more than one code page. That's so i check that LFS is still going to work reliably if i start using the Keyboard ANSI Codepage instead of the System ANSI Codepage.

THANKS!
Here you go.
Attached images
LFS_langchange.gif
Quote from xaotik :Here you go.

That looks promising! :up: Thanks for that!

The small program correctly detected the changing code page (Keyboard ANSI Codepage) so at least in your case, LFS could use that value to select the currently active code page.

One question : is there a Windows hot key to select your keyboard layout, or should programs (like LFS) have a selection function, to select the active keyboard layout? I mean, not like the one in Patch P8, but one that actually selects one of the keyboard layouts in Windows and tells Windows to change to that layout?
Works well with me, changing ENG>CZE>GER ...

You can set the hotkey to change it in windows, I have it on left alt+shift, and it can be set to ctrl + shift...

It works also when LFS is running...
Attached images
kb.jpg
Quote from Scawen :One question : is there a Windows hot key to select your keyboard layout, or should programs (like LFS) have a selection function, to select the active keyboard layout? I mean, not like the one in Patch P8, but one that actually selects one of the keyboard layouts in Windows and tells Windows to change to that layout?

Windows does it - if you go to "keyboard properties" and then under the "input locales" cardfile you can set different locales and the toggling hotkey. Programs shouldn't provide that, it would just complicate thing un-necessarily.
3g_tiny_def def
This is a short for `?
Quote from Frags :3g_tiny_def def
This is a short for `?

"default"
Quote from xaotik :
Quote from Frags :3g_tiny_def def
This is a short for `?

"default"

Yes... and don't worry about it being a bit obscure / difficult to make sense of a 3 letter abbreviation. With the new automatic codepage detection that seems to work so far, i should be able to make those buttons invisible, unless you press a special key, just for people who want to get manual control over the input code page.

The special key (to make those buttons visible while a text entry box is open) will probably be CTRL or CTRL+SHIFT. This would only be used for unusual purposes, for example, someone like me who only has a UK keyboard layout installed, could use that to switch to Cyrillic and write a Russian word.
Quote from Scawen :The special key (to make those buttons visible while a text entry box is open) will probably be CTRL or CTRL+SHIFT. This would only be used for unusual purposes, for example, someone like me who only has a UK keyboard layout installed, could use that to switch to Cyrillic and write a Russian word.

CTRL+SHIFT and/or LEFT ALT+SHIFT is used for changing languages and/or keyboard layouts in Windows..
Scawen: how about spliting the thread because you have more then 1 thing happerning and things could get confusing or forgot
Alright, seems that everyting works great! Either with Left Alt+Shift, or with mouse in the taskbar, every change of keyboard is detected.
Attached images
keyboards.jpg
ok, maybe i missed something, but what does "msg:L" and "def:L" in the chat window mean?

€dit: ok, i found out, you can switch the codepage

and maybe i found a bug, i watched a race with 2 drivers and the TAB key didn't work. When the 3rd driver joined it worked.
Don't know if it happened only one time, but i heard the same thing happened to my teammate with P1.
Hi, with P8 I cant unlock the game. I get a message like "wrong command". If I install again P7 Its ok.
Quote from Scawen :The special key (to make those buttons visible while a text entry box is open) will probably be CTRL or CTRL+SHIFT. This would only be used for unusual purposes, for example, someone like me who only has a UK keyboard layout installed, could use that to switch to Cyrillic and write a Russian word.

This is GREAT option.
Thanks You !:yipee:
-
(detail) DELETED by detail : adasda
For me it works correctly.

P.S. Got problems with the forum: the max size of a PNG or GIF image is only 640*280, so I tried twice (with each format) and couldn't upload this image.
Attached images
changes.jpg
I thought you devs were taking a break? Very nice job on the updates scawen and co.
My test...
Attached images
lang1.jpg
lang2.jpg
This thread is closed

TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG