The online racing simulator
TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
TEST Patch P6
OK...

Another keyboard fix. Thanks xaotic for the key bug report.

I hope this one will work better, i've fixed the - and < and > keys. I couldn't find any other keys that i expect to go wrong.

If this one works ok, i will make a new P6 thread. Gradually we are getting there.....

TEST Patch P6 : Download

EDIT : Get P7 instead : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=30181#post30181
cool downloading now
... forgot to check TAB in P5... so... yes... TAB don't work in P6 either.

EDIT:

CTRL+TAB works - but no combination of TAB for changing cars works.
OK...

Another keyboard fix. Thanks xaotic for the key bug report (again).

I hope this one will work better, i've fixed the - and < and > and TAB keys. I couldn't find any other keys that i expect to go wrong.

If this one works ok, i will make a new P7 thread. Gradually we are getting there.....

TEST Patch P7 : Download

http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... LFS_S2_ALPHA_PATCH_P7.zip
Quote from Scawen :OK...

Another keyboard fix. Thanks xaotic for the key bug report (again).

I hope this one will work better, i've fixed the - and < and > and TAB keys. I couldn't find any other keys that i expect to go wrong.

If this one works ok, i will make a new P7 thread. Gradually we are getting there.....

TEST Patch P7 : Download

http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... LFS_S2_ALPHA_PATCH_P7.zip

I hadn't done one lap in P6 - Go Scawen!
There might be something wrong (or it's just me). I had to reinstall a couple of things that caused my lfs to be locked. Obviously, I tried to unlock it but when I type my password and my username and then click on 'unlock' it says unknown command
Quote from Scawen :One thing i've tried to fix is the hot key problem - for totally different keyboards like Cyrillic or Greek - before this version, they had to switch to English keyboard to press the T key then back to their own keyboard to type the message...

I've got no way of testing that, so let me know if my fix worked! It may have cause other problems, like a key just not working any more...

Downloaded P7, tried different shortcuts, haven't found any problem. Excelent job! I appreciate that our bug reports and suggestions are applied so quickly!

What's stange with active codepage: if and only if i type slash (/) in the beginning of a text message, I see normal Italian stressed vowels (ìùèòà). In other cases I see Cyrillic letters instead.
Quote from boosterfire :There might be something wrong (or it's just me). I had to reinstall a couple of things that caused my lfs to be locked. Obviously, I tried to unlock it but when I type my password and my username and then click on 'unlock' it says unknown command

Yep same here, Just copyed LFS over to my 2nd partition that has WMC on, (too lazy to restart into WinXP to play) and I got the same error.
A question: I need to make some things clear to make a proper grammatical agreement (cases of nouns). There is a string "Settings for %s view :" (3b_set_vw_x). Below are "in car" and "custom". Are only these two strings put in this %s or any else? Are "in car" (3a_vw_incar) and "custom" (3b_vw_custm) used only for this purpose?
Quote from boosterfire :There might be something wrong (or it's just me). I had to reinstall a couple of things that caused my lfs to be locked. Obviously, I tried to unlock it but when I type my password and my username and then click on 'unlock' it says unknown command

OK, had to update something on the master. It should work now.
Quote from detail :Downloaded P7, tried different shortcuts, haven't found any problem. Excelent job! I appreciate that our bug reports and suggestions are applied so quickly!

What's stange with active codepage: if and only if i type slash (/) in the beginning of a text message, I see normal Italian stressed vowels (ìùèòà). In other cases I see Cyrillic letters instead.

Yes - because there aren't any cyrillic /commands

And if you used soimething like /msg which could show up on other computers, you need to specify the ^C - because the ^C needs to come after the /msg and before the message. My point is - there's no way that LFS can know where to put the ^C. Of course it can't be before the / or it wouldn't even be a command.

Anyway if there's a situation where this causes a problem, let me know so i can try to figure out a way round it.
Might want to update the first post to link P7? These links are all over the place
Quote from detail :A question: I need to make some things clear to make a proper grammatical agreement (cases of nouns). There is a string "Settings for %s view :" (3b_set_vw_x). Below are "in car" and "custom". Are only these two strings put in this %s or any else? Are "in car" (3a_vw_incar) and "custom" (3b_vw_custm) used only for this purpose?

Yes, those strings are only used in that string.
Quote from Tweaker :Might want to update the first post to link P7? These links are all over the place

Just waiting for P7 to be verified for a while then i'll make a new thread.
Quote from Scawen :OK, had to update something on the master. It should work now.

Yeah it works now, cheers Scawen
Hi i found one bug: I press n to open list connection. Polish language: lista połączeń
and press T to message text and press up arrow:
Sorry i have little English

THX u for new Patch!
Hm found a little bug in P7: Shift 7 on Serbian Latin and Cyrillic keyboard (and German too and some others I think) which is a slash / doesn't work now. It registers only 7 key, left signal light. It worked before P7.
Quote from Zonda :Hi i found one bug: I press n to open list connection. Polish language: lista połączeń
and press T to message text and press up arrow:
Sorry i have little English

Thanks. I've now made a note about this one.
Quote from Misko :Hm found a little bug in P7: Shift 7 on Serbian Latin and Cyrillic keyboard (and German too and some others I think) which is a slash / doesn't work now. It registers only 7 key, left signal light. It worked before P7.

This is an inevitable problem with the solution to the hot keys problem. For hot keys like T, F, N and so on, LFS now uses Windows "virtual" key codes, instead of "translated" key codes (so it just gets a windows virtual key instead of a cyrillic or greek letter, for example). So if your hot key is in the "wrong place" compared with a UK keyboard, then the hot key will not work. You may find the slash ( / ) function is on some other key now. For example, on the UK keyboard, it's the 3rd key past the M (to the right of the , and . keys).

I hope you won't find many hot keys with this problem. You can get round the small slash key problem just by pressing T then / in the normal way.
Found a bug: wrong AI names in Training mode... Instead of "Профи", "Быстрый" and "Средний" lfs shows that... Is there any way to fix it?

And yeah... Thanks for the patch and whole your work!
OK i translated to Polish language

PS. Thanks for the patch
Attached files
Polish Translation.rar - 22.4 KB - 316 views
Quote from Scawen :This is an inevitable problem with the solution to the hot keys problem. For hot keys like T, F, N and so on, LFS now uses Windows "virtual" key codes, instead of "translated" key codes (so it just gets a windows virtual key instead of a cyrillic or greek letter, for example). So if your hot key is in the "wrong place" compared with a UK keyboard, then the hot key will not work. You may find the slash ( / ) function is on some other key now. For example, on the UK keyboard, it's the 3rd key past the M (to the right of the , and . keys).

I hope you won't find many hot keys with this problem. You can get round the small slash key problem just by pressing T then / in the normal way.

What on English keyboard is / on these is - which always worked for blocking messages in all the patches and in P7 too.

Yeah, T then / should do the trick for the non english administrators.

PS I found the ^ on other keyboards: it is on Alt Gr (right Alt) + 3. Might be useful to someone, .
P3,P4,... P7. Lol. It's interesting to see how fast LFS is developing. I hope P8 patch will include dynamic weather and day-night transitions :P
Quote from ekze :Found a bug: wrong AI names in Training mode...

Thanks, made a note, yes - that can be fixed.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG