The online racing simulator
TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
Hello Racers! Another language support TEST patch, with some fixes.

More info about the new language support : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2288 (P3 thread)

Thanks for the P3 testing. Here are some improvements :

Language Support Improvements :

Accented capital letters now full size
Removed "Added ID X" and "Removed X"
Added language name to translations
Fixed Central European E with caron
Improved some Cyrillic characters
Steeper and clearer accents
Added the section sign (§)

Other Fixes :

FIX : Sometimes hanging in List of Games
FIX : Race ends shown wrongly in garage
FIX : Fuel amount when taking over car

Known Issues :

- In game keys such as T (talk) or F (forces) may not work with some selected keyboard layouts.
- Still no way to change the active code page while in game.
- Various other old bugs, not related to translations...

Download TEST Patch P4 :

EDIT : Link removed. You can get the latest version, either by stepping through each patch release post to see what changed, or go directly to the latest patch.

Follow the trail : P5 post... http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=30107#30107

Direct jump : P12 post... http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=43993#post43993
ty
Thanks You for Patch !:laola:
#4 - IcYX
hrrhrr oO
Hi,

i found an "bug"...

in my old setting was my Message text size: 0.028 because its good to see and compact...now i can use 0.040 - 0.060 only...would be nice when i know, how to fix it

I'll install the old P3 now, because i can live with that P3 Bugs (i'll wait for P5 :P or 1.0 beta ^^ *g*)

Greets,

IcY

//sry 4 my bad english >.>
Attached images
big.jpg
Quote from IcYX :...in my old setting was my Message text size: 0.028 because its good to see and compact...now i can use 0.040 - 0.060 only...would be nice when i know, how to fix it

Ok. In the next version i'll allow it to go down to 0.03 which is all you will need, because the text is a little smaller than the old version, for the same number. In fact in the next version you will use approximately 0.032 and that will look like 0.028 in the old version.
#6 - ORION
Btw is it possible to set a different mipmap lod bais for the text and the ingame textures?
It would be nice to have sharp text also on my notebook
Wouldn't the use of unicode be better/easier instead of various codepages? Or is there a problem I don't see?
Scawen explained why using unicode isn't an option for now in the P3 thread.
Oh... ok, thanks
I'm not sure if it's a bug but all text in lfs seem to have gotten a bit bigger and/or bolder.
Quote from Unaimed :I'm not sure if it's a bug but all text in lfs seem to have gotten a bit bigger and/or bolder.

It's wider. It's a side effect of something else and i decided to leave it because it seemed to be more readable.

Because the letters needed to be squashed a little vertically, to fit in the accents, so they were then made larger on the buttons and user messages, to compensate. And that left them the same height as the old ones but slightly wider.

I decided that looked better than the old thin ones, so i wouldn't go trying to adjust all the widths again... but everyone else's opinions are welcome, of course.
I like the new text size.
I have problems with the Estonian-only letter Õõ .

The top line(or whatever you call this) is looking really bad.

About the translating: I think this wil be ready in 1-2 weeks.(That`s the time when it`s absolutely correct) Then going to translate the Lessons. Today finished the most-wanted part of HELP file(skipped Starting of the Server)

But it can be used umm... in four days.

Greatz! Lible

EDIT: What does the language name actually do? I changed it to "Eesti Keel", but the language name is still the file name.
Scawen, There are much complains about their [cyrillic letters] sizes, but I hope to make not a big list of corrections.

[ edited: no need for a table. I'll make one on my own. ]

I'm translating the help file, plan to finish it tomorrow. Also making corrections to the language file.
#15 - IcYX
Quote from Scawen :Ok. In the next version i'll allow it to go down to 0.03 which is all you will need, because the text is a little smaller than the old version, for the same number. In fact in the next version you will use approximately 0.032 and that will look like 0.028 in the old version.

Would be super, thx...
Quote from Lible :I have problems with the Estonian-only letter Õõ .

The top line(or whatever you call this) is looking really bad.

How do you mean? The tilde sign is too small, unreadable, wrong shape, or what? Please give a better description of how it is bad so i can improve it.
Quote from Lible :About the translating: I think this wil be ready in 1-2 weeks.(That`s the time when it`s absolutely correct) Then going to translate the Lessons. Today finished the most-wanted part of HELP file(skipped Starting of the Server)

Ok, when it's nice, tested and stable, just let me know - and same for all the other new translators, please. By the way, to test the "agreement" text in the help file, you can edit the cfg.txt and set "First Time" to 1.
Quote from Lible :EDIT: What does the language name actually do? I changed it to "Eesti Keel", but the language name is still the file name.

Good question, it should say "Estonian", in Estonian. It doesn't do anything yet but i plan to somehow read this and make it selectable using this word, so the file name won't matter. So "Russian" could be in Russian letters, etc...
The tilde in LFS is like lightning. But it must be smooth like this: Õ

In lfs, it is like THIS

Can you actually see the õ ?
Attached images
õ.jpg
Quote from geeman1 :I like the new text size.

And I
Quote from geeman1 :I like the new text size.

I like it too
FIX : Fuel amount when taking over car Great 1 !
Don`t know that does this bug belong with P4 or not, but i sawd it first time:

I raced 10 mins ago in a server. I were lapped - the blue flag flashed, then dissapeared. I were lapped many times after that but no Blue Flag was showed. After that i were late with braking . Had to back up and i drived accidently wrong way a bit. BEEP BEEP my speakers screamed, but no Wrong Way message appeared. And the laptimes center messages worked correct.

In short words: Center WARNING messages dissapeared
I too like the new bigger letters, and all the accents for our language look good now.

Excellent thing about language name being read from the file instead of file name. Our Serbian translation has been tested for weeks and weeks and all is well, except Toe-in and Scrub, we can't find the correct words yet. Should be ready in time for the next patch, and we would do the Serbian Cyrillic version as well which shouldn't take us long.

Regadring switching codepages.... is it possible to use the keyboard layout ID as language.exe is registering that? Then just find a table which keyboard corresponds with which codepage?

I just tested the First Time 1 and when the list of languages is long this is how it appears (attachment).
Attached images
ftb.JPG
Many fixes in the Russian translation are made, 12 help file entries translated, 20 remaining. Time to have a sleep. Quite a tough day.
"FIX : Fuel amount when taking over car"

Can you explain better for a non english?
Quote from TRM.13 :"FIX : Fuel amount when taking over car"

Can you explain better for a non english?

When you take over the car from another driver, very quickly at the end of his pit stop, sometimes you could get less fuel than he really filled up with. This bug should be fixed, if the person who is filling up, has the new version. To be clear : the one who was driving, and is now giving his car to the new driver, must have the new version, so it sends his fuel load at the moment the refuelling is finished.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=747
This thread is closed

TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG