The online racing simulator
TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
Quote from deggis :Do I need to install all those P3-P10 patches or just the newest one?

Just P10.
Quote from deggis :Do I need to install all those P3-P10 patches or just the newest one?

no, man u gotta start from "A1", not "P3" :P

just kidding, its a fair question...
Scawen was already talking about P12, when we don`t even have P11
Erm...we do have P10...
Oops, writed wrong, i meaned P11
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Since I isntalled the P10, i have input proglems.
I comes, just when I want to write a "pirvate" message. Sometimes it not respond to backspace and space keys.
I can reprodice it almost every time, but there is no connection between the last written character, and the error ...
When it not respond the backspace key, I write few other characters, but just the newest ones can delete ...

Somebody with same problems?
Yes that has been reported by a few people, and is already fixed, ready for release in P12.
Small thing I have found is that with the latest (P10) as the changes to the colour selections within the text box, it is not possible to Paste text in using CTRL+V, as the CTRL key is the key to select colours...

That and the post above was what I wanted to mention, found no other problem and thanks for the updates.

EDIT: Just realised Ive already read something simerlar elsewhere, not a bug, just something I noticed, intended to post it before now, but now I look stupid!
A few times, when pressing F1 for a :-), it appears as "^2:^7-^2)". I'm not sure if this is because I was chatting to P9 users, but that is how it showed up for me. I don't know how it showed up for them. It seems to be inconsistent - i.e. sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not. I didn't save a replay unfortunately.
It has happened after only pressing F1 for me.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Small thing I have found is that with the latest (P10) as the changes to the colour selections within the text box, it is not possible to Paste text in using CTRL+V, as the CTRL key is the key to select colours...

CTRL does show the colours, but it shouldn't stop you pressing CTRL+V to paste or CTRL+C to copy.
Quote from axus :A few times, when pressing F1 for a :-), it appears as "^2:^7-^2)"...

Yes, already reported and fixed.

In fact, i've fixed every bug reported since the P10 post. I've just got a few more things to do / fix for P12.
good work Scawen

Keep on going this way
And where is Patch P11???
Ok, I know I've been bugging you about this, but since it's kinda a language thing:

P L E A S E
Make the input fields for setup values also interpret the comma as decimal point. It's a simple string replace of , with . so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

For "one and a half" you write 1.5 but we write 1,5. The thing is our numpad (german keyboard) also has a , besides the 0 key, so if I want to quickly insert some numbers I always have to move my hand back to the to the other side to type a . which is quite annoying.
Quote from AndroidXP :P L E A S E
Make the input fields for setup values also interpret the comma as decimal point. It's a simple string replace of , with . so it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Test Patch P8 :

- Can use a comma instead of a full stop when entering a number

I thought it worked in all places. Which input field have you found where this doesn't work?
Quote from Scawen :CTRL does show the colours, but it shouldn't stop you pressing CTRL+V to paste or CTRL+C to copy.

When you press CTRL+2 "Save MP replay" menu pops up. It didn't before. Of course you don't need to press CTRL+2 but I use CTRL+1/2/3 shortcut keys to increase/decrease brightness with Powerstrip. Not really a big problem...
Quote from GeForz :And where is Patch P11???

Seems that it became obsolete due to P12 and wasn't quick enough to release itself. Wait for P12 instead.
Quote from Scawen :Test Patch P8 :

- Can use a comma instead of a full stop when entering a number

I thought it worked in all places. Which input field have you found where this doesn't work?

Oh my god, I totally missed it :doh:
To be honest, I didn't actually test it *g* or maybe I did and I forgot about it again. It just came back into my mind and I seriously thought it doesn't work, so I reposted. I'm at work here, otherwise I'd have had a look at it beforehand.

Thank you
I can't find it anywhere in the FIX lists of these patches, so my question is... since when can't we see F11 and F12 information while watching hotlap replays? Is this a bug or is this done intentionally? (probably the latter one )
It's just weird cos I can remember comparing my setups with WR setups with the F11 and F12 menu's... but all of a sudden I can't access those menu's anymore!
Very nice Scawen
Great you fix bugs so well.

I don`t like the new color system, it`s pretty slow to choose colors, but stops people doing this at race, you could still let there be some shortcuts.

Quote from AndroidXP :For "one and a half" you write 1.5 but we write 1,5. The thing is our numpad (german keyboard) also has a , besides the 0 key, so if I want to quickly insert some numbers I always have to move my hand back to the to the other side to type a . which is quite annoying

Same here.
Quote from Lible :Same here.

Why? Just use the comma ( , ) because i already did that request in patch P8 - as stated in the P8 release post.

If you really still need to use a full stop ( . ) then that is now a bug - please explain how to reproduce it.
I just tested it, it already works
This thread is closed

TEST Patch P4 (now P12)
(556 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG