The online racing simulator
doesn't seem to work with y18,
i've did what the manual said
somehow got it working
mscontcl.ocx or one of its independencies not correctly registered: file missing or invalid
runtime error 339

i get this when i want to edit the sounds :s
what should i do?
Read teh Manual
Quote from deggis :.
It gives me a runtime error

You need to install Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Run-time files (here). If it doesn't help and you get an error related to .OCX files, install these files (read the readme).

doesnt fix jack.
could it have to do with vista 64-bit
Oh dude sorry, I put into my previous post, I dunno if it works in Vista, 'cause I looked at your PC specs, but deleted 2 mins later it 'cause it was off topic. Oh dear.

Someone with Vista 64bit have it running as yet?
no skidding?
the tire sounds aren't there.. well they are there, but they dont make any sound ingame :/ dunno what it can be tbh..

anybody else with this problem?
@Feffe85
It's brake sounds in CSR, like the calipers grinding on the drums/disks. Like fingernails on a blackboard. CSR does not do tyre skid sounds.
To make the brakes squeal you need the brakesqueal sound in each car folder. Thats why downloading the full pack of cars is helpful. And make sure the Brakes button is active for each car in the CSR screen. The little down arrow under the bottom orange box needs to be opened down to see that.

I just spent 1 hour helping someone cofigure CSR on their PC via text talk in game. He had a funny clicking sound that would not stop. Found that removing the csr/sounds/_misc/winker.wav file stopped it. Of course he doesn't have Blinkers sound now, but that is no problem for him.

But then other car sounds (USER FILES) wouldn't work in cockpit view. He was in user mode and FZR worked, just the other cars didn't work in cockpit, I never heard of this so gave up.

edit:
It turns out when he first edited the Outguage cfg.txt, he edited OUTSIM values instead. When we realised this, he changed the Outguage and this got CSR working. But he forgot to re-instate the old OUTSIM values so this caused the clicking and the cockpit sounds failure. (Sheesh, lucky he had the idea to re-check that)
Thank you for a hour of your time. Possibly 2 hours. But hey I figured it out. I checked alot of things after I read your posts, I was about to reload LFS and CSR.

Thanks.
Quote from JasonJ :@Feffe85
It's brake sounds in CSR, like the calipers grinding on the drums/disks. Like fingernails on a blackboard. CSR does not do tyre skid sounds.
To make the brakes squeal you need the brakesqueal sound in each car folder. Thats why downloading the full pack of cars is helpful. And make sure the Brakes button is active for each car in the CSR screen. The little down arrow under the bottom orange box needs to be opened down to see that.

I just spent 1 hour helping someone cofigure CSR on their PC via text talk in game. He had a funny clicking sound that would not stop. Found that removing the csr/sounds/_misc/winker.wav file stopped it. Of course he doesn't have Blinkers sound now, but that is no problem for him.

But then other car sounds (USER FILES) wouldn't work in cockpit view. He was in user mode and FZR worked, just the other cars didn't work in cockpit, I never heard of this so gave up.

edit:
It turns out when he first edited the Outguage cfg.txt, he edited OUTSIM values instead. When we realised this, he changed the Outguage and this got CSR working. But he forgot to re-instate the old OUTSIM values so this caused the clicking and the cockpit sounds failure. (Sheesh, lucky he had the idea to re-check that)

Oh, I'm so sorry! I Read it and thought it said "tire skid".. hmm.. don't ask how i got it to be that :S Well it works then :P
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Ye, wow. I turned traction control OFF and the indicators sound stopped working. Must be an OUTGAUGE clash or some random thing. Also fails when TC is ON -AND- the TC enguages.

Mind you I have deleted my TC sound wav cause it made my eardrums hurt. But I don't think this made any difference to the effect of this bug.
The very big problem with this program is SAMPLES ARE NOT IN TUNE, and with interface is impossible to tune. And it sound very odd

I think that you would to make your program like a sampler, need options for tune and adjust curves pitch (pitch crossover), and volume crossover bee twin samples.
Help I get a Runtime error '339'
when i run both files then go in fzr i get [run-time error 400 form already displayed cant show modally]
Hi, all!

So you get skid Sound (and crash - sound, grass etc....)

in Race press shift A to enter the sound Otions. There U pull all mixers of the above block clomplete to the left.

Then save the sound, adjust the volume in LFS to CSR and enjoy!
links not working for me! help......
Nope, for me too. Hope this works in Demo, damn, i really should buy a license xD
Quote from jonny dank :links not working for me! help......

Yamakawa's webpage seems to be down, I also used same links in my installation guide (on the 1st page). Mirror of the CSR_031_Full.zip would nice I guess...
can somebody just copy and send their files? it would be geatly appreciated
Yeh - But it's about 53MB, wont fit here. I'm sure some1 will upload it.... maybe LFS-database again ?

And it needs to be the last version - CSR_031 ALPHA
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Ill miror it in a few minutes. You should get fast speeds out of my server. I got alot of transfer rate.
hey, im kinda new to this stuff, will this work on patch Z?
Yes. I havent tried but there shouldn't be anything that would prevent CSR working properly?
Well, the only problem I have is that I cannot hear other cars around me

So its useless for me because I dunno if someone is next to me or not..

When I activate full LFS Sound I hear my own car double with a few miliseconds difference...
Quote from noobie4ever :hey, im kinda new to this stuff, will this work on patch Z?

yes, it does, just tested it.

Quote from Crady :Well, the only problem I have is that I cannot hear other cars around me

So its useless for me because I dunno if someone is next to me or not..

When I activate full LFS Sound I hear my own car double with a few miliseconds difference...

how do you mean that? i can hear other cars?! maybe your own car sound is too less? should be 10 with CSR.

edit:

you'd tried it like you said in some posts ago: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=813644#post813644

i fiddled around and you only need to set those sounds all (except skids/wind) to off, you do not need to put all sliders to the left. of course those for gear whine, turbo, blow off, shift sound...
main car sound ("wagen" in german) in sound options should be on 20, this affects ALL hearable sounds IN the car so also winds/skids and other cars from outside as well. winds/skids better set from 1.0 to 0.5 (as the "main" car sound has doubled) in the "Shift+A" section or what ever you like more. or you set it globally in the sound options. dunno whats better for each car.
then in the "Shift+A" section you have to put those sounds off everytime you get in car... or you can set the sliders header, collector and tail mix all to 0.00 and save as a new set f.e. FXR_CSR. this sound last used is loaded every next time you choose that car.
now the sounds aren't overlapped anymore, and other car sounds are more recognizable.
have fun
DrFred,

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I cannot save a Shift&A Setup with swiched sound off... When I step in the car again all sounds I turned of are switched on again...

But I can use my "old" pulled to 0 Shift&A sounds!

I guess the volume of CSR was too high... but now I can hear the other cars!

EDIT: It does NOT work on online races!!!

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG