The online racing simulator
Hey yamakawa!

I really like your app, there's just one annoying thing: on CSR startup, or when a certain car-soundset is loaded, it seems to make this really loud and short *FRZT*, like a spike in sound output. Can you try to smooth that out a bit (or eliminate it alltogheter)? Other than that, I seem to notice a slight clicking everytime a certain sound is "started", for example when touching the brakes only slightly, so the brakesqueal sound starts and stops and each time you hear a silent click. I have an Audigy 2 ZS, if that's of any help.
Uf1000
Updated UF1 Sounds, wasnt happy with the first one I made.
Here is my first Sound Set for the CSR featuring the mighty UF1K

Extract the contents of the .zip file to your \User Files\UF1\ directory.

Enjoy

http://rapidshare.de/files/374 ... UF1_CSR_SoundSet.zip.html
Sorry 'bout rapidshare, I've got no other hosts. If anyone wants to mirror the file, go ahead. Thanks
Great sound, sounds as "crappy" as UF1000 should sound.
tried this out tonight, couldn't get this and pitstopper to work together, although i never REALLY messed about.

i just did a few quick laps with the bf1/fzr/fxo cars

it was quite good, i must admit, i think i would rather wait until all the cars are done by the same person, rather then getting loads of samples from other people. i found i couldn't hear the tyres screeching properly as there was loads of other noise going on :?
The UF1 sound is really good. You can always chop and change as new things come out.

Thanks Yama and DratsaB

PS. Deggis, what other sounds/cars do you recommend checking out? I'm starting to get confused by all these new offerings.
does anyone have any brake squeal sounds for this yet?
I was just online at Aston and I realised that on the straight or wherever you are on the track where you're keeping speed, the road noise sound quickly becomes obviously repetitive, you can easily hear a rhythym looping over a few seconds of sample. Maybe someone should put this thing through a beat slicer, and extend the sample by another 10 seconds or so...

PS, turbo4door (if that IS your real name ), break squeal made it into the latest CSR revision.
http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~yama-p/
Quote from Sticky-Micky :tried this out tonight, couldn't get this and pitstopper to work together, although i never REALLY messed about.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=13950

Though apparently that doesn't seem to be working...

Quote :i found i couldn't hear the tyres screeching properly as there was loads of other noise going on :?

increase skid volume boost in the LFS audio options

Quote from Electrik Kar :PS. Deggis, what other sounds/cars do you recommend checking out? I'm starting to get confused by all these new offerings.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=13739
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=13776
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=13864

I like the UFR sound, so nasty, might fit some other car also. In this thread there was also Ferrari 360 sound made for FXR, I'm currently using that instead of yamakawa's default sound.
has anyone made a new soundset for the XRT?
yamakawa, THX! for CSR!
Quote from Vendetta :has anyone made a new soundset for the XRT?

one of the earlier versions had xrt sounds
is anyone willing to take on this project? I have a rather large avi collection of which was made using the fraps program (which rips avi's of in game including the sound)...I have a bunch of cars out of need for speed underground 2 in which they took actual recordings of these cars from real life (and they are not modded in the game at all)...in either case I turned all other sounds down except for the engine sound and recorded a bunch of cars holding the rpm steady at two or three different points throughout the tach...I didn't capture or rip out the audio tracks since I wanted to leave the video there for you to see what I did and what car it is.

they include suburu STI, nissan skyline, nissan 350z, mazda miata, honda civic, pontiac gto, and a bunch of other cars..ie. evo, 3000gt, rx7 etc.
anyway, if anyone wants a large library of actual good quality car sounds to work from and anyone who is skilled at making sounds for CSR...you can download the packs here:
http://www.larrychendesign.com/mike/lfs_csr_sounds/

I would do it, but other than fraps, I have no idea how to make good sounds for CSR...

btw, what settings should I be using to make everything sound more natural...meaning the engine/car sound in LFS audio menu...what level should that be at and what level should CSR be at?
I can't get my damn looping to be smooth. I made a recording, sliced the clip, and failed miserably at looping smoothly. Any tips on a good program? I am usuing Audacity but I don't think it is the app for the job.
LOL, I did it from UG2 also

Edit: Just went to edit the GTO sounds and it knocked the mug off my desk. My Yamaha subwoofer that was only cranked up to 1/3. I opened it with my editing program and played it. What I got was NOT a GTO sound but some wierd Low pitch deep rumble that goes in different tones for a few minutes. I will post a short example of what I got if nobody has the same problem.
Is there a single easy to install package that includes all the cars yet? seems to be lots of people contributing I was wondering if there was a general agreement on what's the best?

Ta

Rob
very nice, wacking this in my LFS folder now
To get smooth looping:

Open the sound file in a digital audio editor.

Select all of the sound, and copy and paste it.

You should now have the sound sample repeated twice.

While the copied sound is highlighted, reverse it.

This will smooth the sound properly.
Quote from michaelnyden :btw, what settings should I be using to make everything sound more natural...meaning the engine/car sound in LFS audio menu...what level should that be at and what level should CSR be at?

Try CSR volume 10 (default) and LFS car sound volume 7.00-13.00. Depends on the car... some might need even lower setting. Also you might need to increase skid volume in LFS.

Quote from Robster230 :Is there a single easy to install package that includes all the cars yet? seems to be lots of people contributing I was wondering if there was a general agreement on what's the best?

Nope, not yet. I guess yamakawa is planning to include all cars, though would make developement quicker if he approved to include some sound packs people have made.
Quote :

Nope, not yet. I guess yamakawa is planning to include all cars, though would make developement quicker if he approved to include some sound packs people have made.

Another quick noob question, If i want to use a BOV from CSR, do I need to temporarily delete the BOV file in LFS?

AND (sorry) can i just use specific effects and keep the LFS engine noise? IE... use the whine, the brakes, the backfires whilst not having any new engine noise?
I installed this today, and I have to say I'm loving the new sounds.

I do have a problem though - the FZR and BF1 sounds work like a charm, but i've downloaded all of the others linked to on the forum (LX6, XFG, XRR, etc) and none of them work. CSR doesn't seem to register that I'm using that car at all.

Any suggestions? PM me if you want to avoid thread spam.
Quote from Robster230 :Another quick noob question, If i want to use a BOV from CSR, do I need to temporarily delete the BOV file in LFS?

AND (sorry) can i just use specific effects and keep the LFS engine noise? IE... use the whine, the brakes, the backfires whilst not having any new engine noise?

You can choose what sounds you want in the main window. It only shows sounds that are configured with the selected car and also the settings are separate for every car.

I haven't deleted BOV, doesn't bother me even if I happen to hear it twice.

Quote from Dajmin :I installed this today, and I have to say I'm loving the new sounds.

I do have a problem though - the FZR and BF1 sounds work like a charm, but i've downloaded all of the others linked to on the forum (LX6, XFG, XRR, etc) and none of them work. CSR doesn't seem to register that I'm using that car at all.

You probably have put the sound packs in the wrong folders.
Yes, be careful when you extract the files, I ended up with double folders for some of the packs. Once you've cleaned things up, you must also close and restart CSR for things to start working..
I went back to double check I hadn't ended up with double folders and they're all fine.

They should definitely be in /User Files/<car>, not /Sounds/<car>, right? I'm just following the ReadMe's here
it should look like this:
Attached images
Image9.jpg
Bah, it's all fine. I guess I just keep messing around untilit decides to start working >.<
thx >deggis

Quote from DratsaB :On a side note. I must say, Yamakawa, the sound sets you make for the cars are by far the best sounding yet. The BF1, FZR and now the FXO and FXR which sound really very nice. I find other ppls sound packs aren’t quite up to scratch yet....sorry guys. I guess it helps when your the creator of the program.

thx,but jamesgp2viper and DaveWS is also good remixer.
i like their sounds.when I finish make all cars, S3 has been released. and, this software becomes unnecessary, too.

Quote from AndroidXP :Hey yamakawa!

I really like your app, there's just one annoying thing: on CSR startup, or when a certain car-soundset is loaded, it seems to make this really loud and short *FRZT*, like a spike in sound output. Can you try to smooth that out a bit (or eliminate it alltogheter)? Other than that, I seem to notice a slight clicking everytime a certain sound is "started", for example when touching the brakes only slightly, so the brakesqueal sound starts and stops and each time you hear a silent click. I have an Audigy 2 ZS, if that's of any help.

yes,i know this probrem.this short sound has tryed since the first release.However, it isn't possible to solve it yet. soundcard might be unrelated.

and, source code is opened to the public.
http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~yama-p/CSR_03_souce.zip (3.46MB)

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG