The online racing simulator
Hmmmm, now that I think of it... the FZR really lacks growl and a sense of high RPM when it is going very fast. It sounds like it is just low/mid idle when I am at top speed... not very exciting.
Quote from Jakg :change the outgauge mode to 2

I already did when I installed the mod, this is the end of my cfg.txt:

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 35555
OutGauge ID 0

Prior to these there are these lines:
OutSim Mode 0
OutSim Delay 1
OutSim IP 0.0.0.0
OutSim Port 0
OutSim ID 0

Should these be edited? Anyway right now the situation is that I have the modded sounds on only when I am playing with the camera in the inside of the car. This is not a big problem, but I would love to hear the cool engine sounds on replays too.
From InSim.txt, it sounds like replays only apply to single player. Only thing for multiplayer is your car..
aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....i've never loved the fzr more than ever!!!!!!!!

i love the sound of the gear box(if thats what the sound is-whining when decelerating)..sounds so realistic. my brothers got a straight cut gearset in his gearbox and it sounds exactly the same..WELL DONE TO THAT!!!

the engine sounds BEAUTIFUL. the only thing is that it sounds like there is too much vibration in the car for the amount if interior it still has. the sound from this mod sounds like the interior is fully stripped.(IMO that is)

haven't really tried the other options as i have just dl'ed it and am trying it 1 by 1

WELL DONE MATE GOOD WORK
Just seen the pic of the user configurable options..looks like nice work mate, can't wait till the next release.
#56 - aoun
The F1 sounds shit bigtime, but the FZR IS OMGGGGG!!!!!!! RARRRRRRVROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMTISHIISHHHHHVROOOOOOOOMM!!
Quote from aoun :The F1 sounds shit bigtime, but the FZR IS OMGGGGG!!!!!!!

I really don't get comments like that - when you don't like something you can just state "I don't like this". Saying "bah that's shit" is really over the top, generalized and won't help or motivate the creator of the program to actually do more work.

Just my 0.02 euros as I keep seeing this sort of thing over and over again.

Disclaimer: this isn't personally directed just to you aoun - but to everyone that posts comments like that.
I think he means it sounds shit in a good way. It's some sort of weird Americanism to say the opposite - slang if you like.

That car is shit hot.
That TV is the shit

It does not, obviously, mean that the car is rubbish or at a high temperature, nor that the TV in question is moulded from faeces. It's just a way of making stupid people look less stupid by 'allowing' them to put random words in random orders to convey basic human emotions.

Personally, I don't know why people can't just say "that is very good, sir" or "I am terribly sorry, sir, but I couldn't help noticing a few small oversights".
Quote from KillerMonkey :I love this program. Makes the BF1 and FZR feel that much more like brutal racemonsters. My only complaint is that the FZR does not generate much sound before the shifting point. Only near the shifting point and after does the awesome noise truly start. This is annoying, because I keep overrevving to hear that nice sound

? np ..
Quote from tristancliffe :I think he means it sounds shit in a good way. It's some sort of weird Americanism to say the opposite - slang if you like.

Yes, I'm familiar with that sort of colloquial oxymorons - however he has a "but" there stating that he likes the FZR's sound.

Quote from Linguistic Test Case #14231 :The F1 sounds shit bigtime, but the FZR IS OMGGGGG!!!!!!!

Based on that, I deduced that he meant "I don't like the F1 sound but I like the FZR sound". It is worth mentioning that there are multiple references to God as well - OMGGGGG as "Oh My God God God God God", which also brings to mind the usage of LOL that some people entertain using it as LOOOOOOOL. Which probably translates to "Laughing Far Out Loud"?

Anyhow, enough from me on the subject as I've already derailed the thread quite enough thank you.
XFG sounds not bad
#63 - aoun
Ok hows this guys.

Well i personally feel that in many ways, the Formula 1 BMW Sauber 2006 LFS car sound remix does not sound so well at all. However, the FZ5 GTR on the other hand sounds highly realistic and is a real great sound.

:P
Quote from otolikos :nice but is possible to use LFS carsound by Yamakawa + momo leds mod by KEGETYS cause both are using outgauge

How to get those mods working together?

I didn´t read the whole thread, so sorry if somebody answered already.

You can handle multiple Insim and Outgauge Tools with Becky´s LFS-Companion.
Can't wait for the next update.

And Yama, one more spelling-error:
Cansel is wrong, it's Cancel.
And you're missing the last "e" in reverse in one screen, however it seems like it doesnt fit in the gap there it's written.

--

And is it possible to share configs for the sound? If so someone has to make a kickass soundconfig for the FZR.
uummm.....i try to start CSR and it says runtime error 13 type mismatch
o nvm i had forgoten to extract all... ...its all good
well...it only works with the BF! and on the BF1 its only in the cockpit veiw...i want the FZ5!!!!LOL
outgauge mode 2 for it to work everywhere, BUT it will be as loud and consistent as incar.

also its not done for FZ5 yet but FZR
Ok lets get this straight, what cars are done besides the FZR and BF1? Cos i hear ppl saying stuff about XRT, XFG, FZ5
Only the FZR and the BF1 sounds are modded, but he's working on FXR sounds.
Quote from Razvan :Ok lets get this straight, what cars are done besides the FZR and BF1? Cos i hear ppl saying stuff about XRT, XFG, FZ5

In the ESR_003 version there was also the XRT, but yamakawa removed it in CSR...
nice BUT....
May i ask a couple a questions to the people who r using the mod?

1. I really want to try the sounds, should i backup files/folders before extracting?

2. Does the sound only work in cockpit view, i use the wheel view (i know i know)?

3. Whats it like on multipler? ie - can you hear your new sounds but everyone elses old sound.

4. Should we wait for Offical Sound update or have this for now?

Many thx in advance!
XXX
1. Always backup before testing a new mod

2. Works in any view, although the sound doesn't change going from internal -> external, no doppler effect..will be fine in wheel view though.

3. Dunno to be honest, not had the time to try it online yet

4. Wheres the harm in giving it a go? Espically with the current state of LFS sound, its a definate improvement.
Thx for the info bro. I will try it out now & post how it goes!

Peace xxx

EDIT - Just tried the FZR - it made my system reboot - too scared to try BF1 now - lol! Anyone else had it crash computer at all? - EDIT

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG