The online racing simulator
-
(charly.thorngren) DELETED by charly.thorngren
I don't know if there is any current interest with this application, but I was wondering...

I have been making lots of sounds for rFactor mods for personal usage and I wanted to convert some of them for usage in LFS.
But the way this user interface is made makes it very hard.

My main problem being that I don't know how to rpm-match the samples. For instance when I have audio sample of engine on steady 4000 rpm, how do I tell for the CSR mixer that it is recorded at 4000 rpm, so when it plays it at correct speed mathing to the real rpm of the car in LFS? Since I only can change the sample rates I have no clue how to match the rpm value. This results in rpm miss matches when two samples join, which I could describe sounding like a badly tuned guitar.

rFactor has a nice system where you tell the game the actual rpm of the sound sample and the rpm area I want it to played at (for example 4000 rpm sample played in between 2000 and 6000 rpm). With this information rF can match it nicely, playing the same sample half speed at 2000 and 1.5x speed at 6000 rpm.

I can ear tune my samples to match each other in Goldwave, but when I need to play with the sample rates like in CSR I find it very confusing and can't get a decent end result.

If anyone is still developing this application I would strongly suggest to get rid of the sample rate stuff on the user interface and go for the rpm mathing way.

I have noticed youtube being full of CSR sounds with rpm miss matches so I suspect I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
I want a (ENG) file so i can load it when i press Shift+A..
Quote from Mr.Burn :File plz for XRT

you are clearly a cracker, you've posted several times about using sounds for xrt...
Quote from BigPeBe :I don't know if there is any current interest with this application, but I was wondering...

I have been making lots of sounds for rFactor mods for personal usage and I wanted to convert some of them for usage in LFS.
But the way this user interface is made makes it very hard.

My main problem being that I don't know how to rpm-match the samples. For instance when I have audio sample of engine on steady 4000 rpm, how do I tell for the CSR mixer that it is recorded at 4000 rpm, so when it plays it at correct speed mathing to the real rpm of the car in LFS? Since I only can change the sample rates I have no clue how to match the rpm value. This results in rpm miss matches when two samples join, which I could describe sounding like a badly tuned guitar.

rFactor has a nice system where you tell the game the actual rpm of the sound sample and the rpm area I want it to played at (for example 4000 rpm sample played in between 2000 and 6000 rpm). With this information rF can match it nicely, playing the same sample half speed at 2000 and 1.5x speed at 6000 rpm.

I can ear tune my samples to match each other in Goldwave, but when I need to play with the sample rates like in CSR I find it very confusing and can't get a decent end result.

If anyone is still developing this application I would strongly suggest to get rid of the sample rate stuff on the user interface and go for the rpm mathing way.

I have noticed youtube being full of CSR sounds with rpm miss matches so I suspect I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1627794#post1627794
Just wondering is it even remotely possible to get other cars engine sounds to go trough CSR?
Just asking cos its been years since this neat program was made.
Nah, CSR relays on OutGauge data, which is only send for the car in focus.
Has anyone got a BOV to work on a mac? Im using an imac and I dont know if its possible. Thanks!
I downloaded csr, soundpack etc, but i cant get sounds working in game? Help please..
Hi.
My LFS cant run CSR, REV LIMITER and LFS at the same time... I dont know how to configure the OG_RELAY for use the 3 programs at the same time... I can only use 2... What can i do?
I use CSR since it was created, and it always worked fine...

but recently, I can't even open it and it crashes... I downloaded again CSR and put it on a fresh instalation of LFS, and it still crashes the same way... the log is:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: CSR.exe
Application Version: 0.3.0.1
Application Timestamp: 45396bf2
Fault Module Name: StackHash_429a
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00a1bdb8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1046
Additional Information 1: 429a
Additional Information 2: 429acab36166113fd9c00943735d8071
Additional Information 3: 61af
Additional Information 4: 61af605fb6cc2832f727666d209156e0

anyone have any idea what could be causing it?
Ok, I managed to make it start working again...

I went to the Data Execution Prevention and had to make an exception to the CSR.exe...

I can't understand why this program worked for years, and suddenly it stopped working and I had to make this DEP exception
Dunno if people still use this but here it goes:

Im trying to recreate the sound of Blacksmoke Racing's diesel Mercedes, this is what ive managed with so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WIQl0lZd0s

As you can hear, it needs some more work, mainly two points:

1. The sync between the different RPM ranges, how to i make the transition as smooth as possible?

2. The sounds themselves, does anyone have any tips on how to create good engine loops? These are the videos im taking sounds from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqk8fVVRR3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czsu9FHNuKg (BOV also comes from here)

If you also have any general tips on how to make good engine sounds with CSR, i'd be very thankfull.
When you are in tv room the sound comes from one car.
Can anything be done?
Quote from fl3nd3r :When you are in tv room the sound comes from one car.
Can anything be done?

No. CSR relays on OutGauge, and that only reports the info for the car you are currently viewing.
This still works on s2 0.6b ? Works online ?
Quote from Whiskey :No. CSR relays on OutGauge, and that only reports the info for the car you are currently viewing.

The exception being if you add AI drivers, it will report all drivers "owned" by you.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The exception being if you add AI drivers, it will report all drivers "owned" by you.

How does that work? How can you know what car are you on board knowing only the PLID if it reports several cars?
You need to send an IS_STA to get the currently viewed PLID and filter packets based upon that.

What I do is send one every 10 seconds (as LFS replies with that packet). It also sends a packet to you when you change using tab. It's a bit sketchy, but works.
Doesn't work
Why won't it work? as soon as i start csr.exe it says csr.exe has stopped working
ive tried all the fixes available but it just instantly crashes for me and i get no error what so ever
Don't suppose the source for this was ever available? Would be nice to update it to use the current outgauge packet format, and maybe make a non-Windows port :-)

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG