The online racing simulator
Use "Shift-A", its a lot easier.

-Dustin
but CRS makes sexier sounds
CRS?*Isn't it CSR?* Sexier sound? Hmm don't work for me so no sexy sounds
Why no update thought long time?
I can't use CSR in X10 version?
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :csr or w/e runs separate from lfs its like lapper so yeah you look like a fool

Actually, you look like the fool as something can run as a seperate exe and still hook in via InSim, which would not work with Patch X.

(Although CSR uses OutGauge exclusively afaik)
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
Don't double-post you'd get flamed.
This is fantastic addon! It's amazing how much more fun it makes playing LFS!

Just a couple of suggestions/requests: would it be possible to include sound effects for tire squeal/screech and collisions?
Skids/Collisions sounds
I havent heard anything about "yamakawa" updating CSR with new features. But... no need to make CSR do that, you can either edit/make the skid/collision .wav's yourself or use ones made by other people.

There's DaveWS' tyre squeals. These are great and I recommend a look/listen at least: S2V Skid Soundpack V2

There are louder collision sounds about these forums for download. I just dont have a link.
Quote from BruTaLysT :PS. i don't use the engine sound either because i really like de detailed sound from LFS itself (i drive the FOX mainly). But instead i changed the engine sound of CSR to something else that more resembles a faint hum with high pitched grain used as an extend of the default LFS sound instead of using heavy roary carsounds as an overlay which blocks all the detailed information i need.

Care to share this experiment?
Quote from madden14 :when i click edit on csr it says runtime error '339' component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

i have now got the MSCOMCTL.OCX file but now i dont have a clue where to put it can anyone help please??????

@madden14 :
Read this guide first..http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=311949#post311949
Quote from deggis :.....
It gives me a runtime error

You need to install Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Run-time files (here). If it doesn't help and you get an error related to .OCX files, install these files (read the readme).

@deggis... the imbedded pictures dont seem to be loading anymore for me in your cool CSR guide.
ok this is VERY FRUSTRATING!!! i installed CSR again just to get backfires and everything works except for backfires!!! i can't hear any backfires when everything was set up normally. so i thought maybe it's being drowned out by other noises. so i turn down the lfs default volume til it's barely audible and then i turned every sound in CSR off leaving backfire on. but i still hear no backfire!!!

hope someone knows whats going on, thanks
Hope you downloaded some car sound packs to use your CSR, you only get two cars with the standard version od CSR program. I think FZR and BF1.

After you made sure you have all cars with sounds.........on to backfires.....
Check in this folder (or corresponding car that you are testing)
XRT for example - Does "csr\User Files\XRT" contain these files :

XRT_backfire1.wav
XRT_backfire2.wav

Then look here... (From the EDIT button)

Click the TEST buttons shown to see if you actually have a backfire sounds located for the car you're using. Check the volume isn't too low. -2000 is very quiet, 0 is loud. Timing doesnt matter too much. And remmber it doesn't backfire every gear change. Just when you do extreme changes in RPM.
Attached images
view.JPG
ahh i see. thanks for the comprehensive reply. i just had a very thorough go again on a faster track after your instructions. and this time i do hear the backfire. the randomness of it's occurrence seems odd. it happens more often on the upshift and usually only if you shift fast. i was expecting more of a lift-off backfire, where you hear a bang everytime you lift at WOT.
Yes, it doesn't happen alot, but if you have it turned up a long way, and your sound is high, it's a realy good scare when your racing.

I think the "timing", located in the same screen, effects how often the back-fires occur. But I haven't been able to prove this..
Quote from JasonJ :@deggis... the imbedded pictures dont seem to be loading anymore for me in your cool CSR guide.

Fixed, I learned that one shouldn't hotlink 1 MB .gif images (montly bandwidth limit got 2x exceeded so the links didn't work )
Here would be good any Tutorial how to make car engine sound samples:
on_very_low off_very_low on_low off_low etc...

Whit which programm and how to make clearly looping wav sounds to use it in game!
I wish this worked with LFS relax... :[
Quote from PioneerLv :Here would be good any Tutorial how to make car engine sound samples:
on_very_low off_very_low on_low off_low etc...

Whit which programm and how to make clearly looping wav sounds to use it in game!

Google for some general basic audio editing tutorials... same thing applies to this. There's not much point writing this kind of tutorial.

The basic method is that you take some onboard video or audio recording, open the audio stream in the audio editor and then take the low-medium-high rpm samples from it and save them as separate samples and then "export" them to the Car Sound Remixer editor. Audacity and Goldwave are good and free audio editors.

They should be able to work together just fine using the outgage gateway program. The problem I have with LFSRelax is, I can't get it to work with other insim programs, such as MOMOLEDS.
it does work with CSR

made a shortcut of lfs.exe put in the command line /insim=29999

set the outgauge as enabled in LFSRelax

start CSR
start lfs via the shortcut
then start LFSRelax
and job done
help
I need help, this is the problem

its like this, when i have lfs up and csr in the background ithe scr sond is like laggy and a bit after. but when you have lfs in the background and csr up the sound is perfect
Hi

I get 2 erros:
Run time error "53"
File not found: VbDSnd2

And

File not found: VbDSnd2

I have downloaded and installed the microsoft runtime files.....

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG