The online racing simulator
Quote from HondaCivicSI :damnit I still can't get this to work I have DaveWS's soundpack but which button do I push to make the user light come on. There is a light just below the user button that is on but it still won't work

I did a screen shot on how to do this. That answer would be here my friend.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=294133#post294133
Quote from JasonJ :I use 1 for most cars as well. So I know what you mean. I thought they were set at 10 because some on some systems 1 is too quite, which would create heaps of - "I cant hear this mod working"

Some sliders work in a weird sort of way I found. Which sliders aren't working for you. All mine worked ok. Post a CSR edit screen shot or explain which ones that don't work for you.

These buttons do not work. Just a tiny little bug but hopefully yamakawa will show up here at some point and fix these.
Quote from deggis :

These buttons do not work. Just a tiny little bug but hopefully yamakawa will show up here at some point and fix these.

Seems we both have a diffent version. But this is phreaking me out !!!!
I downloaded CSR 0.3a from http://www.marcls-home.de/file ... id=8&p13_sectionid=93 on 28/Nov/2006. THE VERY SAME DAY it was changed to version 0.31a - I actually thought I had downloaded 0.31a
I looked at my version number today - I have 0.3a I must have downloaded the CSR just as they were updating the newer one to LFS Database. At the time the Website said 0.31a - I was downloading 0.3a (OMFG)
Check out my screens.
I hope your able to type in those text boxes to change the values. You cant type properly in the text boxes on my version, only the buttons work. My guess is yamakawa realised this in version 0.3a and tried to fix the text box for 0.31a , inadvertently disabling the Arrow buttons by mistake. Notice my box says 4.0 and yours say 4,0
Apologies for saying the buttons work. I might download the latest version and take a look. Thanks.
Attached images
CSR screens_sm.jpg
Quote from JasonJ :Seems we both have a diffent version. But this is phreaking me out !!!!
I downloaded CSR 0.3a from http://www.marcls-home.de/file ... id=8&p13_sectionid=93 on 28/Nov/2006. THE VERY SAME DAY it was changed to version 0.31a - I actually thought I had downloaded 0.31a
I looked at my version number today - I have 0.3a I must have downloaded the CSR just as they were updating the newer one to LFS Database. At the time the Website said 0.31a - I was downloading 0.3a (OMFG)

Sorry about that...
I made a mistake while updating the File so i had to reupload CSR again, obviously i forgot to set the version number back to 0.3a so for about 5 Minutes there was the "wrong" Version online. Sorry. :sorry:
Yes, you can type in the boxes. Only that right arrow button does not work. Tiny bug but it's still a bug.

0.31a had one major fix and that was TC sound in FZ50, in the previous version it was fubar.
Quote from Highsider9 :Sorry about that...
I made a mistake while updating the File so i had to reupload CSR again, obviously i forgot to set the version number back to 0.3a so for about 5 Minutes there was the "wrong" Version online. Sorry. :sorry:

Ahaha - so phreaking funny - I guess I am just the unluckiest person +LOL+ I hit the site in that EXACT 5 minutes +LOL+
Quote from deggis :Yes, you can type in the boxes. Only that right arrow button does not work. Tiny bug but it's still a bug.

0.31a had one major fix and that was TC sound in FZ50, in the previous version it was fubar.

That explains my FZ50 - I thought it was supposed to be some some sort of bizaar vtec. illepall Downloading 0.31a *NOW*

Thanks fellas.

edit:
I downloded v0.31a and the FZ5 works great now. I finally got to use Deggis' FZ5 Lamborghini - nice work there BTW.
The strange thing is - ALL my edit buttons actually work - so maybe my VB library files are different. I'm running Win XP SP2 btw. I'll post a screen dump. Notice I have no commas in the text box 4.0 and 5.0
You can see I am running the latest version (0.31a)
Attached images
csr screen2.JPG
Sorry Scawen & co, but the new V-patch sounds blows. CSR have though saved me and im trully very happy for this app, although i need to run it every time.

For people not convinced i've done a .mp3. First 40 seconds are original sound, final 40 secs is CSR sound. Both driving FZR on SO Classic.

really guys, get CSR or you'll be driving a complete different game. Let me rephrase that:

GET CSR!
Attached files
csr_rocks_FZR_example.mp3 - 1.2 MB - 966 views
Quote from MaxHeadroom :Sorry Scawen & co, but the new V-patch sounds blows. CSR have though saved me and im trully very happy for this app, although i need to run it every time.

For people not convinced i've done a .mp3. First 40 seconds are original sound, final 40 secs is CSR sound. Both driving FZR on SO Classic.

really guys, get CSR or you'll be driving a complete different game. Let me rephrase that:

GET CSR!

CSR doesn't sound right either ...
Quote from herki :CSR doesn't sound right either ...

i didnt say that neither, however "right" is quite difficult to define. Anyhow, CSR sounds a lot better than patch V-sounds, and prob patch U-sounds too but they was at least "okay".

If bad sounds would be a liquid, the patch V-sounds would be really really wet, like the Pacific ocean
Quote from MaxHeadroom :although i need to run it every time.

You might want to create a bat file... so you don't need to start CSR separately everytime.

Create a new file called for example start.bat, open it in notepad and paste this:

@echo off
start/AboveNormal CSR\CSR.exe
pause
start LFS.exe
exit

Save the file and create a shortcut to this start.bat file. Then you can always use this to for starting LFS & CSR at the same time.
I hate the Patch V FZR sound so i use CSR but the setting in cfg.txt

OutGauge Mode 2

keeps changing back to

OutGauge Mode 0

every session

Any ideas why?
Quote from birder :I hate the Patch V FZR sound so i use CSR but the setting in cfg.txt
OutGauge Mode 2
keeps changing back to
OutGauge Mode 0
every session
  • Any ideas why?
  • Have you tried to edit the cfg.txt file while LFS is CLOSED ? If LFS is open it might re-write the cfg.txt file over any changes you make.
  • Are you running LFS-companion? this might edit the CFG file also. I'm not entirely sure.
  • I "think" that there is a button to change the outguage also inside CSR. Check out the (P) Button next to the About button at the bottom right of the CSR dialog box. Have a little look at that. It might help.
Quote from deggis :CSR INSTALLATION GUIDE...

Great work, your a champion. Great to see you added DaveWS sounds and your OWN awesome FZ Lamborghini Murciélago.

*deleted loads of text - problem removed*
*deleted loads of text - problem removed*
Quote from JasonJ :Try adding these two extra lines so that CSR uses the correct .ini file and hence remembers the settings and sound levels you have chosen:
(NB: this is for a batch file in the LFS folder)
@echo off
cd CSR
start/AboveNormal CSR.exe (edited)
cd ..
pause
start LFS.exe
exit

That really fixes this problem... thanks. I edited the guide. Btw should have done this guide 2 months ago when CSR was more "hot". Would be still nice to see yamakawa back here and maybe a new version of CSR...

birder: I don't know anything else than JasonJ didn't already say... my guess is also that you're running LFS while you're changing the outgauge port.
Great to hear the problems sorted out for you Deggis.
Quote from deggis :That really fixes this problem... thanks. I edited the guide. Btw should have done this guide 2 months ago when CSR was more "hot".

I dont know about that...
I checked lfs database just on the day patch V came came out becuase I knew the new sounds would cause a disturbance.
CSR download count 1089 at 23-12-06
CSR download count 1099 at 24-12-06
CSR download count 1418 at 16-01-07
Seems almost 'hotter' than ever in 22 days
I'm sure your guide will be a god-send to heaps more in the future.

Quote from deggis :birder: I don't know anything else than JasonJ didn't already say... my guess is also that you're running LFS while you're changing the outgauge port.

Sorry I couldn't confirm my theory, (I was at a place I cant really test LFS) anyway I tested it after work and if you leave LFS open and edit the cfg.txt file, any changes to the file are erased/lost when you close LFS. So close LFS BEFORE you edit the cfg.txt file.
Quote from JasonJ :

Sorry I couldn't confirm my theory, (I was at a place I cant really test LFS) anyway I tested it after work and if you leave LFS open and edit the cfg.txt file, any changes to the file are erased/lost when you close LFS. So close LFS BEFORE you edit the cfg.txt file.

No LFS running, No companion yet it still does it. Never mind i will just have to change it each time i start.

Thanks
So I followed the CSR install guide on this page and when I go to run it I get a weird reaction. My framerate is extremely low and all I hear is really loud obnoxious clicking and crackling. I'm assuming it's because I use onboard sound, but is it? I really want to use CSR, anyone hear of this?
@birder : I forgot to mention that CSR should be closed when editing the CFG.TXT file. Close all other programs. This seems very bizaar. Is windows restoring this file? Very strange behaviour.

Quote from Dogmatic :So I followed the CSR install guide on this page and when I go to run it I get a weird reaction. My framerate is extremely low and all I hear is really loud obnoxious clicking and crackling. I'm assuming it's because I use onboard sound, but is it? I really want to use CSR, anyone hear of this?

I use onboard sound nvidia chipset (A7N266-VM MBoard). I had bad frame rates when running CSR at HIGH PRIORTIY instead of ABOVE NORMAL. Needless to say I run CSR at ABOVE NORMAL and from what I have heard - DO NOT RUN APPS AT HIGH PRIORITY.

The crackling and clicking - mine does this when it loads up first although it sounds more like a zapp-baaarp -- noted by the author as a problem - but it soons settles down within 1/2 second.
  • Try running CSR at Normal Priority AND Above Normal Priority. See if there is any difference
  • Have you tried turning down the volume of the CSR application. The CSR sounds might be too loud for your speakers/amp. (default is 10 - try less 1,5, etc) This is the little volume knob in CSR, click and drag it up/down to adjust it.
  • You using LFS patch U ? tried it with patch V ?
  • Try Adjust the "sound lag 0.10 sec" in LFS MISC menu
  • Close all other programs exept for CSR and LFS.
  • Maybe your PC is too slow. If your PC struggles to play LFS alone, ie: if 20-30fps is good for you then running CSR might not be possible. Too much system load.
  • Experiment by turing down LFS detail levels to see if its a system overload problem. (ie: need a faster PC?) Try it in single player - no AI.
  • Tried downloading the latest sound drivers for your motherboard?
Still no luck - try posting your system specs. Someone else with the same system might be able to assist. Motherboard/CPU/RAM/Mouse pad brand
Well, i tried different priorities and none of them solved my problem. I did discover a weird thing though, the bad frame rate and crackilng popping sound only happens in cockpit view. Chase view and cam view are fine, everything works great with good FPS.

The sound in cockpit view is like it can't keep up, laggy and buggy.

My specs are-
2 SLI nVidia 6800 GTs
1GB Corsair PC3200 RAM
AMD 64 3500+ 2.21 GHz
ASUS A8N SLI-DELUXE

This is most likely a software issue and not hardware.

Thanks for all your help.
Sounds weird... does this ONLY happen when using CSR?
Yup
And you have latest drivers for the mainboard / onboard sound card? Check the onboard sound card control panel too if there's some kind of option for selecting the sound device.

One thing more... go to DirectX Diagnostic Tool (press Windows button + R, write "dxdiag" - OK) and look at the sound tab. Do you have "full accelection" selected? If not try chancing it to full. And if it's full try using lower settings... many times this helps for stuttering/lagging problems in many different games. Usually "full acceleration" should be the best because it's the default setting.
None of that has worked, oh well I don't even care anymore. Thanks for your help though.
ctrl alt delete when CSR is running go to Processes and find CSR.exe right click and set priority to realtime.

that sorts it for me no lag
Realtime?! are you insane? Realtime puts it at as higher prioty as windows!

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG