The online racing simulator
don't set it too "realtime", you're better of with "high" because "realtime" can freeze your system. never set any process to realtime
Quote from Turner89 :That can't be what the problem is because it does the exact same thing if I use the sounds from the FZR that yamakawa made! And i've tried a fresh install of CSR with no luck. Also I even tried LFS and CSR on my laptop and everything i've said is exactly the same on there. So i don't see how im the only one having ths problem baffles me lol!! illepall

In that case I have no idea... illepall
Quote from DaveWS :First press ALT - CTRL - DEL, then look at the attatched image.

Thank you very much, that was the problem.
Now it works fine. Thanks
I made 3 laps with XFR and saved the replay.
In TV camera mode, the car sound should be more quiet than in Cockpit camera mode, I think.
Do you also have this problem, or only I can hear it?
At the moment the sounds are the same no matter what camera view you are using. However I think that Yamakawa is working on it.
What car sound packs are being worked on at the moment? I ask because I don't want to spend hours making one only for someone else to beat me to it

I'm trying to do my own FZR sounds (the originals are Lister sounds taken straight from GTR) but so far I'm not satisfied with them. I will keep trying and release FZR sounds when they are ready.

My other work in progress are accurate UF1 sounds. I don't want to simply base them on UFR sounds because the engines are clearly a lot different. I want to get the realistic Mini sound without using GTL's sounds. Although it is very tempting to just use them!

Also I have two really sweet sound sets just waiting to be used, but there are no cars in LFS suitable. I have the most amazing big V8 and V12 sounds but no big V8 or V12 cars are in LFS.
Quote from jamesgp2viper :What car sound packs are being worked on at the moment? I ask because I don't want to spend hours making one only for someone else to beat me to it

I'm trying to do my own FZR sounds (the originals are Lister sounds taken straight from GTR) but so far I'm not satisfied with them. I will keep trying and release FZR sounds when they are ready.

My other work in progress are accurate UF1 sounds. I don't want to simply base them on UFR sounds because the engines are clearly a lot different. I want to get the realistic Mini sound without using GTL's sounds. Although it is very tempting to just use them!

Also I have two really sweet sound sets just waiting to be used, but there are no cars in LFS suitable. I have the most amazing big V8 and V12 sounds but no big V8 or V12 cars are in LFS.

Well based on reactions that I have seen, I don't think anyone cares if the sounds don't match the car, because if they sound good thats all that matters.

I myself would like to have some authentic V12 engine sounds for the FZR for example or anycar for that matter, and just pretend that it has a V12.

I say "reactions that I have seen", because Yamakawa's BF1 sound is based on a 3 litre V10 F1 car, not a 2.4 litre V8. Because the V10 is such a good sound, people would prefer to have that then use the V8 engine sounds I made for the BF1 earlier in this thread.

P.S. For them I used a video of Robert Kubica in the BMW Sauber, and if you have plans to try the sounds out, use the second .dat user file I made. Also I did not upload any gearchange or backfire sounds but you can add them later.
I've been experimenting a bit with LX6 sounds of my own, and have found a way to prevent the original LFS generated engine sound from 'interferring' with the custom sounds.

What I did was to match the pitch of the custom sounds to the pitch of the generated sounds.

I recorded the normal LFS sound of the car driving at constant 6000RPM then manually adjusted 'global range' in the CSR until it matched perfectly to the recorded sound from LFS.

Now the sounds are much more real and organic sounding and no longer 'artificial'. Also I can turn down the volume of CSR to level 1 and still the car sounds realistic in game with a nice blend of LFS generated sounds with my custom sound overlayed. It's cool because you can still hear other LFS sounds really clearly.

I don't know whether to release the sounds or not because custom LX6 sounds are already released.

What do you think of these sounds?
Attached files
LX6_WorkInProgress.mp3 - 1.5 MB - 1524 views
Quote from jamesgp2viper :I've been experimenting a bit with LX6 sounds of my own, and have found a way to prevent the original LFS generated engine sound from 'interferring' with the custom sounds.

What I did was to match the pitch of the custom sounds to the pitch of the generated sounds.

I recorded the normal LFS sound of the car driving at constant 6000RPM then manually adjusted 'global range' in the CSR until it matched perfectly to the recorded sound from LFS.

Now the sounds are much more real and organic sounding and no longer 'artificial'. Also I can turn down the volume of CSR to level 1 and still the car sounds realistic in game with a nice blend of LFS generated sounds with my custom sound overlayed. It's cool because you can still hear other LFS sounds really clearly.

I don't know whether to release the sounds or not because custom LX6 sounds are already released.

I am quite impressed that you managed to match the engine pitch with the samples pitch, I tried to do that, but I was having problems getting it perfect, becuase if I match the samples to engine pitch exactly, then the samples would not blend very well. So credits for that.

I would prefer my LX6, if the pitch would exactly match the engine. Ah well. Carry on making samples, and don't worry whether they have already been made, in case yours are better.
Quote from jamesgp2viper :I don't know whether to release the sounds or not because custom LX6 sounds are already released.

This sounds great! Please release it, so i can test it when i get home..
Quote from jamesgp2viper :And these?

Where the hell do you find all these samples?

They sound pretty damn good. This sounds very nice, except that there isn't much drivetrain noise?
jamesgp2viper: for the love of god, please release them. i'm about to go insane here!
Quote from jamesgp2viper :And these?

Ohh man!! Creating better and better sounds.
Hope you share this FZR sound with us
Why the volume slider seems to be randomly changing while I'm playing? Or are some keyboard buttons volume shorcuts so I accidentaly might press those?
I want to try and make some sound sets and have found some sounds from a game I think would suit a car in LFS. Trouble is, those pesky programmers put the sound files in some form of compressed .bzf file. Anyone have any idea how I might go about acessing its contents?
Quote from DratsaB :I want to try and make some sound sets and have found some sounds from a game I think would suit a car in LFS. Trouble is, those pesky programmers put the sound files in some form of compressed .bzf file. Anyone have any idea how I might go about acessing its contents?

You can't edit the existing generated sounds for LFS, but we use Yamakawa's Car Sound ReMixer.

It is a separate program from LFS that uses data exported from LFS in conjunction with a set of wave files to produce its own sounds.
Quote from DratsaB :I want to try and make some sound sets and have found some sounds from a game I think would suit a car in LFS. Trouble is, those pesky programmers put the sound files in some form of compressed .bzf file. Anyone have any idea how I might go about acessing its contents?

Google found this for me, i've no idea what it is.

http://www.no-grip.net/index.php?categoryid=2&filenr=119
Quote from jamesgp2viper :You can't edit the existing generated sounds for LFS, but we use Yamakawa's Car Sound ReMixer.

It is a separate program from LFS that uses data exported from LFS in conjunction with a set of wave files to produce its own sounds.

cheers m8, I know that. I want to make a sound addon for Yamakawa's CSR .

Quote from filur :Google found this for me, i've no idea what it is.

http://www.no-grip.net/index.php?categoryid=2&filenr=119

Ya Boya

thats perfect man. howd you find that, Ive been searching for ages. Couldnt find a sausage

cheers m8
Quote :And these?
Attached Files FZR_Preview.mp3 (1.79 MB, 65 views)

Really like this one.

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG