The online racing simulator
Quote from Xaid0n :can people host somewhere other than rapidshare? some people cant use it and probs dont get the chance to get the sounds.

mine never came from rapid share, it came from somewhere else a few pages back
http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~yama-p/

rapid share never works for me either

i used this tonight on the conedodger server 1

i drive the FXR, i turned the CSR volume down to 7 and switched off the fuel warning sound, apart from that, i left it alone, i love it

managed to beat my PB as well, so it MUST make your car faster LOL
Quote from deggis :Set CSR's priority to high from Windows task manager. I have no lag but this should fix that....

yeah but i take it the normal live for speed sound plays below the csr one which is happening to me at th emin
Ok got it to work but still not sure if it ment to be playing normal live for speed engine noise as well as CSR could somebody clear this up for me? Also how do i go about adding diff engine noises for the other cars?? And where would i put these files??? anyone with any help will be thanked greatly
Quote from Billeh :Ok got it to work but still not sure if it ment to be playing normal live for speed engine noise as well as CSR could somebody clear this up for me? Also how do i go about adding diff engine noises for the other cars?? And where would i put these files??? anyone with any help will be thanked greatly

I wish people would look throught some threads first. All your questions would be answered.

Ah well. The CSR sound play over the top of the LFS sounds, you just need to turn them down a bit in LFS. I recommend turning up wind and skid volumes though.

Too add noises for other cars look for soundpacks in Unofficial Addons for CSR most of them have a readme, and there are also several sound packs in this thread.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from DaveWS :I wish people would look throught some threads first. All your questions would be answered.

Ah well. The CSR sound play over the top of the LFS sounds, you just need to turn them down a bit in LFS. I recommend turning up wind and skid volumes though.

Too add noises for other cars look for soundpacks in Unofficial Addons for CSR most of them have a readme, and there are also several sound packs in this thread.

sorry m8 i have checked threw the thread and i did get a answer for my quistion about the lfs car sound but i aint haveing much luck finding "good" replacement sounds for the other cars
I think the mix of original sound and CSR sound is up to you. I lowered the LFS engine sound to about 5 and use CSR at 15. I also had to turn up in game skid and wind sounds to make them heard above the CSR roar.

I just miss the doppler effect in replays
Quote from Billeh :sorry m8 i have checked threw the thread and i did get a answer for my quistion about the lfs car sound but i aint haveing much luck finding "good" replacement sounds for the other cars

Check also this Unofficial Addons section page here, there are good sounds for XRR, XFR and UFR.
updated: http://torttu.net/temp/lfs/beefy_FZR.mp3

I noticed that by default the sample frequencies, especially on "mid" and "high" are pretty low. I tuned these 3500-6000-8300-10000 (verylow-low-mid-high) and now you can actually hear when you need to shift. With the yamakawa's default FZR it feels like red light is way too early to shift if you try to shift by the sound.

What do you think? Needs still some tuning before I release it. It also sounds very different because the engine sound files are from GTR2's Lamborghini, I don't know if that V12 sound suits FZR very well but at least it sounds beefy.
That sample sound very nice, can't wait to try it
fixed version was updated for FZ5.
BF1 traction control worked
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
i have a problem with editing. i have installed VB6 (http://www.microsoft.com/downl ... 7FFB3C&displaylang=en, extracted the installer and run. it copied a few files to my windows folder. after that i restarted windows.)
but csr still gives the 339 runtime error: MSCOMCTL.OCX is missing.
Quote from deggis :updated: http://torttu.net/temp/lfs/beefy_FZR.mp3

I noticed that by default the sample frequencies, especially on "mid" and "high" are pretty low. I tuned these 3500-6000-8300-10000 (verylow-low-mid-high) and now you can actually hear when you need to shift. With the yamakawa's default FZR it feels like red light is way too early to shift if you try to shift by the sound.

What do you think? Needs still some tuning before I release it. It also sounds very different because the engine sound files are from GTR2's Lamborghini, I don't know if that V12 sound suits FZR very well but at least it sounds beefy.

It would sound better still if you tweaked "global range" in CSR until the custom engine sounds matched the exact pitch of the LFS generated engine sounds. Then they would blend together a bit like I did with my LX6 soundset.
Quote from jamesgp2viper :It would sound better still if you tweaked "global range" in CSR until the custom engine sounds matched the exact pitch of the LFS generated engine sounds. Then they would blend together a bit like I did with my LX6 soundset.

I was going to do this next, at this point I wanted it to sound good first. In the sample LFS car volume is pretty low actually but though you can still hear it at low speed.

And you mean only tweaking the Global Range or did you mean the pitch in general is completely wrong? Global range is now 4, I haven't actually touched it since I started editing yamakawa's original FZR sound. Quickly tried it and at 5 it sounded a lot better. Anyway I'm going to do like you did and record sound sample from LFS sounds and try to match it.

Mostly I've been trying to get the shifting right, or at least easy. In the sample I shifted at red light, maybe I'm used to it but I could do it even with my eyes closed (good way to drive on oval with the gauges turned off and then watching the replay to check did you overshot shifts).

ps. Are you planning to release your FZR sounds, you posted a preview some days ago? It sounded good, very different to mine and so people would have choices.
HELP! it wont connect to LFS!
I dont know what I am doing wrong! Firewall is off, settings are right, everything, JUST WONT WORK! I am using it alone, no other mods conflicting... it just wont change the sounds, everything sounds the same. Ive tried everything! help?

OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 35555
OutGauge ID 0

Those are my settings for OutGauge... I have the newest version from the website, and testing with BF1

EDIT: FIXED! all better now, dunno what it was
Great mod, I appreciate the effort! However I found the BF1 TC sound somehow lacking, it's barely audible.
Watching this video it's definitely much clearer and louder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqRYvyN7GxM

So I've tried to make my own TC sound and I personally like it a little better. But this also leads me to a "bug" report... it seems that the TC sound's pitch is tied to the engine pitch, so that's kinda odd. I find the TC sounds best a ~12,000 rpm though.
I'm not an audio engineer by any means and clearly it's somehow not very realistic sounding - but imo more realistic than the default TC sound anyway
Attached files
BF1_TC.rar - 1.4 KB - 434 views
Hehe, hello guy holding the most world records in LFS
Quote from skstibi :Hehe, hello guy holding the most world records in LFS

[OT]Hello guy previously unknown to me [/OT]
i've got a problem with CSR when i play i have a big lag with sound ... when i'm accelerating, i hear the default sound of the car and 3 seconds later i hear the "remixed sound" ... how can i fix that ?

great job anyway

edit : think i've found how to fix that ... i raise the priority in task manager (but i've lost FPS :s ) but the sounds look pretty cool
Quote from liberto :i've got a problem with CSR when i play i have a big lag with sound ... when i'm accelerating, i hear the default sound of the car and 3 seconds later i hear the "remixed sound" ... how can i fix that ?

great job anyway

edit : think i've found how to fix that ... i raise the priority in task manager (but i've lost FPS :s ) but the sounds look pretty cool

Before I can help you, what car are you using with Csr?
XFR, FXR, FZR and Bf1
Please login with the account details, you registered your S2 licence with.
well ill be damned! its a must have program,like it very much! GREAT job yamakawa! keep up the work!
Seems like I have to stop using it afterall. CSR causes blue screens for me in every configuration now. They don't happen predictably, sometimes it's a few minutes and it bangs, on other occasions I can race half an hour without problems.
Quote from AndroidXP :Seems like I have to stop using it afterall. CSR causes blue screens for me in every configuration now. They don't happen predictably, sometimes it's a few minutes and it bangs, on other occasions I can race half an hour without problems.

What sort of soundcard are you running? It might have to do with the DirectSound settings you have, since LFS now uses DS - you can tweak some of the settings if it's a creative labs (and if it is a CL and it's supported, then use the kxproject drivers).

LFS CARSOUND ReMixer
(826 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG